season tickets

Started by réalt ard mhaca, March 05, 2009, 11:50:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

QuoteThe GAA is an all ireland organisation not a southern one.

Exactly, which is why they should charge the same at the current exchange rate or a convenient rounding of this. They should not charge more or less on one or other side of the border.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

donelli

The exchange rate changes quite a bit and can be preferential to sterling at some games and euro the others...
last year programmes were stg2 or eur3.
went to buy bottle of water in armagh 2 years ago. they were stg1 or eur2. as i had only euros on me i told them to sod off.
last year it was better off paying at the gate with sterlling for most games, but it went back in euros favour nearer the end.

if your that concerned with it, change a few quid over and pay with the favourable currency of the day

Lazer

Quote from: armaghniac on January 19, 2011, 05:26:32 PM
QuoteThe GAA is an all ireland organisation not a southern one.

Exactly, which is why they should charge the same at the current exchange rate or a convenient rounding of this. They should not charge more or less on one or other side of the border.

No thats not fair on the people in the North then, if the announce a change in price relative to last year, ie: a price freeze or a decrease this year, it should apply in both currencies.
Last year, when inflation was almost nil in the UK, the inflation in GAA prices was about 30% in the North,a nd no increase in the South.
At least for matches played in the North between 2 northern counties, the prce in sterling should therefore be lower than last year.

Exchange rates are only relevant to imports and exports, a GAA match in Belfast/Newry/Enniskillen etc is neither.

I do not think its fair that there was a 20-30% increase in the north, and no increase in the south
I dread to see what they are going to do this year, since they seem toi believe the exchange rate in 0.9 based on McKenna cup admission prices - but at least they had a student rate this year, one good move by the GAA

Down for Sam 2017 (Have already written of 2016!)

Onion Bag

I bought one of these for the aul fella for xmas, and the fecking thing hasnt turned up yet?

anyone else having the same problem,

i sent an email to them last week but got no response, any suggestions? 
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

Maguire01

Quote from: Onion Bag on January 20, 2011, 10:02:30 AM
I bought one of these for the aul fella for xmas, and the fecking thing hasnt turned up yet?

anyone else having the same problem,

i sent an email to them last week but got no response, any suggestions?
Mine just arrived today - I ordered on 28 December.

Onion Bag

Mine arrived today as well, cheers maguire
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

fan01

has anyone not recieved therer season ticket yet. i ordered mine before christmas and it still hasn't arrived.

armaghniac

You dont need to login for these league games, just bring the card. The login can be used if there are offers for things like tickets for the likes of the Club Finals or the League final. 

rocco

Quote from: Bluebell on February 02, 2011, 08:56:30 PM
The season ticket which I purchased on xmas day landed on 10th January with myself. In the email I received I got an account login ID and a password, does anybody know what that is for? Is there a login page for a season ticket holder or as I believe you just turn up at the match and present your ticket at the turnstile.
Just take your ticket along with you to the match & go to the stile marked SEASON TICKETS ( usually on stand side ) & you should have no bother .

armaghniac

I received the email relating to Sunday's game. 249 email addresses, presumably Armagh season ticket holders, were in the cc. Sloppy work and illegal under data protection laws, but it suggests that there 249 Armagh holders this year (could some have multiple tickets?)

Maguire01

Quote from: armaghniac on February 03, 2011, 04:18:22 PM
I received the email relating to Sunday's game. 249 email addresses, presumably Armagh season ticket holders, were in the cc. Sloppy work and illegal under data protection laws, but it suggests that there 249 Armagh holders this year (could some have multiple tickets?)
Yep - the Information Commissioner could be on to them for that one.

armaghniac

QuoteYep - the Information Commissioner could be on to them for that one.

And the Armagh GAA forum owner was a tad bold in then emailing on the list everyone promoting the forum, although at least this is likely to be of interest to Armagh season ticket holders.

armaghniac

I haven't received an email in advance of this week's game. This is not a major problem, I can find the Athletic grounds without instructions. Just checking though that others haven't received an email reminder this week, in case they deleted my email after I complained about their 249 email addresses last time.

Maguire01

Quote from: armaghniac on February 19, 2011, 02:37:39 PM
I haven't received an email in advance of this week's game. This is not a major problem, I can find the Athletic grounds without instructions. Just checking though that others haven't received an email reminder this week, in case they deleted my email after I complained about their 249 email addresses last time.
You get an email before each game?

armaghniac

Last year I generally got an email along the lines of

Armaghniac, a chara,

The Allianz GAA Football & Hurling National Leagues continue this weekend.

You must use the Season Stile to enter at each venue your County play in.

Details regarding all Season Stiles can be found on the new GAA Website at http://www.gaa.ie/tickets-and-merchandise/tickets/gaa-season-ticket/gaa-season-stile-information/