Custom insoles for high arches

Started by AN other, February 26, 2009, 10:45:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AN other

Does anybody on the board use insoles in their football boots for high arch support? Somebody must...
Where is the best place to get them and how much do they cost?
Have been doing some very quick research and it seems you can get heat moldable insoles off the internet (sole). Are these any use or are the clinics the place to go to? Togs custom insoles seem to be the most popular there.
Anybody able to advise on the best approach?
Thanks.

Orior

Are you sure thats what your problem is? I wore insoles for a year with no success, and then another physio pointed that I had one leg shorter than the other.

And that was why I was always running around in circles on the pitch  :(
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

blast05

Use custom made ones made by a guy in Tullamore .... can't recall his name ..... about €100  ... involved a few visits at a couple of week intervals so that he could tweak them based on my foot was adapting to having them in the shoes.

AN other

FermPundit

I know this is slightly different from AN Other's inital question regarding high arch support, but I went to see a Podiatrist last summer because of pains in feet when playing football. Apparently I have plantar fasciitis (policeman's heel). She said that she diagnosed what I had as soon as I walked into the clinic. My left foot was so tense that she couldn't examine it properly. Anyway, this is what she told me to do:

Fill two basins. One with hot water and the another with cold water.
Put both feet into the hot basin for 3 minutes.
Remove and put both feet into the cold basin for 30 seconds.
Repeat three times.
Finish with the cold basin.
Do morning and night.

I believe all of the above is known as Contrast Hydrotherapy. I have done it a few times but I don't really have the time to do it on a regular basis. Does anyone else on board suffer from or heard of plantar fasciitis? If so, do they know of an effective way of overcoming it?
We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.

Main Street

Quote from: FermPundit on February 27, 2009, 09:06:13 PM
I know this is slightly different from AN Other's inital question regarding high arch support, but I went to see a Podiatrist last summer because of pains in feet when playing football. Apparently I have plantar fasciitis (policeman's heel). She said that she diagnosed what I had as soon as I walked into the clinic. My left foot was so tense that she couldn't examine it properly. Anyway, this is what she told me to do:

Repeat three times.
Do morning and night.

I believe all of the above is known as Contrast Hydrotherapy. I have done it a few times but I don't really have the time to do it on a regular basis. Does anyone else on board suffer from or heard of plantar fasciitis? If so, do they know of an effective way of overcoming it?
That hot cold therapy is a good tried and trusted therapy for gout. The increased blood flow disperses the gouty crystals in the foot.

I had a collapsed arch, inflicted due to a serious enough injury, yours is naturally acquired.
Can be a similarity though with a build up of scar tissue.
You need a supervised therapy, someone who is well acquainted with the condition and can teach you the different exercises/stretching/massages you can do at home. Get a good book/ go online, read up the doos and donts.
I got most of my therapy and exercises and other techniques from a Chiro practitioner and just did a good bit of reading.
Depends on how much you want to get better, there are no shortcuts.
Basic principles are cold hot water relaxes the foot, increases blood flow which has benefits.
Before any light exercise, massage and gently stretch, massage stretch afterwards.

FermPundit

Quote from: Main Street on February 28, 2009, 12:11:30 PM
Quote from: FermPundit on February 27, 2009, 09:06:13 PM

Repeat three times.
Do morning and night.

That hot cold therapy is a good tried and trusted therapy for gout. The increased blood flow disperses the gouty crystals in the foot.

I had a collapsed arch, inflicted due to a serious enough injury, yours is naturally acquired.
Can be a similarity though with a build up of scar tissue.
You need a supervised therapy, someone who is well acquainted with the condition and can teach you the different exercises/stretching/massages you can do at home. Get a good book/ go online, read up the doos and donts.
I got most of my therapy and exercises and other techniques from a Chiro practitioner and just did a good bit of reading.
Depends on how much you want to get better, there are no shortcuts.
Basic principles are cold hot water relaxes the foot, increases blood flow which has benefits.
Before any light exercise, massage and gently stretch, massage stretch afterwards.

Thanks MS. Some good tips and info there.
We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.