M2 Mayhem!

Started by SidelineKick, February 16, 2009, 12:33:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SidelineKick

Anyone else stuck on the M2 yesterday?? It took me 3 hours to do a journey that normally takes 3/4 of an hour.

There were a few signs advising to take the diversion but the motorway was still open for cars to go down.  After we had passed the exit by about 500 yards the traffic was at a standstill.  Why they didnt cone off the motorway and MAKE you take the diversion is beyond me.
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

Derry Dolly

heard on the radio there was a 16mile tailback  :o :o
wat was the cause??never heard..

Lazer

it was as roadworks always are a complete disaster,

There should have been signs advising of the closure before you even went on the motorway so you could divert easily.

Although i dint't get caught in it - seen it on the way down the motorway so knew to avoid it on the way back to Belfast - Thakfully!
Down for Sam 2017 (Have already written of 2016!)

playwiththewind1st

They're forever pulling a stroke on the M2. Last year there was at least two occasions that I can remember - on a Friday night, they closed the Greencastle turn-off & put no signs out saying to come off at Dargan, which meant going on up to Sandyknowes & coming back down again. The other entailed closing off the M2 going northwards at Sandyknowes on a Sunday afternoon, making everybody come off the motorway & filter down the Mallusk off-slip - it was absolute chaos.

Mario

Agree 100% with you sideline, the fact they let people onto the motorway is beyond me. Luckily i got word from a friend and went through Antrim. Dont even think i seen a sign indicating that there was road works taking place.

Hoof Hearted

my mother got stuck on the M2 on the way to Clonard Monastery for some praying match and missed it.
thats another few years off my life anyway
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

thewobbler

You'd swear the DRD and these roadbuilding companies have either a) never built a road before, b) enjoy causing maximum disruption, or c) both of the above.

A couple of Fridays ago they were going to shut the A1 at Hillsborough to allow them to put the new overpass in place. What time at? 5pm. Or in other words, scheduled for most extreme frustration.  Wait til 7pm and everyone gets home on time, and nobody loses the rag. Hillsborough village isn't ruined with a horde of angry, lost commuters. But that's not sensible enough.

Thankfully the snow came and the closure was delayed.

Chrisowc

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on February 16, 2009, 01:06:59 PM
my mother got stuck on the M2 on the way to Clonard Monastery for some praying match and missed it.
thats another few years off my life anyway

Who won?
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

Tony Baloney

They are complete arseholes. They had the M1 is gridlock a couple of months back too. They generally wait until you are in the teeth of a traffic jam before telling you on a post-it note that the motorway is closed for resurfacing.

Hoof Hearted

not sure, the last i heard was Jesus went up for the cross..... dont know if he scored or not.
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

SidelineKick

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on February 16, 2009, 01:39:45 PM
not sure, the last i heard was Jesus went up for the cross..... dont know if he scored or not.

Oh he did, he nailed it in fact.
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

Chrisowc

I heard Judas scored an own goal
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

Windmill abu

Although Jesus tried to score, Peter denied him 3 times
Never underestimate the power of complaining

Drumanee 1

Quote from: Chrisowc on February 16, 2009, 01:55:30 PM
I heard Judas scored an own goal

after his transfer fee you would think he would score at the right end

JohnDenver

Pontius Pilate made some horrible decisions, too easily influence by the home support!