13 YEAR OLD BECOMES DAD

Started by The Real Laoislad, February 13, 2009, 03:05:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

Being a Dad is going to age him... as long as Sponge Bob Square Pants isn't on the TV.
Testing Accessibility

thebandit

QuoteHe is allowed to stay overnight and even has a school uniform there so he can go straight to his classes in the morning.   

I wonder do him and the baby share a cot?

Square Ball

vaey sad alright, when that child is 5 and going to school they will be 18 and 20. Hope the child grows up in a loving environment.

should the child be taken into care?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Our Nail Loney

Fella I know had two kids by the time he was 14/15, lives near me.... in Craigavon  :-\

Puckoon

Sad really - I guess the grandparents (or parents really) are forced now into taking a very active role in helping these children raise children.

The thing is a mess, but they do need to be encouraged that the choice they made after the fact is definitely a tough and courageous one.

pintsofguinness

f**king hell he looks about 7!
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Myles Na G.

Quote from: Square Ball on February 13, 2009, 05:38:06 PM
vaey sad alright, when that child is 5 and going to school they will be 18 and 20. Hope the child grows up in a loving environment.

Which one?

Square Ball

Quote from: Myles Na G. on February 13, 2009, 08:47:01 PM

Which one?

Good point Myles, the youngest of the three, surely there is no way that the parents can give the baby the upbringing that it deserves

thebigfella

Quote from: Square Ball on February 13, 2009, 09:27:11 PM
Quote from: Myles Na G. on February 13, 2009, 08:47:01 PM

Which one?

Good point Myles, the youngest of the three, surely there is no way that the parents can give the baby the upbringing that it deserves

I've only briefly glanced over the story but I can't believe how wrong you both are. What makes you believe they cannot give the baby the upbringing it deserves? What basis are you making this decision on? Social services would never do this as the baby is (apparently) in no danger and it wouldn't be in its best interests separate it from the parents anyway.

Yes they are very young and have no fixed income but i'm sure social services have been working with the families to make sure they can cope and have financial support. Taking children into care is always the last resort and usually occurs if they are in danger or neglected as it is very distressing for a child/children involved.

gerry

Sad news alright. Can't see the mother and mother having much input in the child's upbringing
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

Double Cross

Quote from: thebigfella on February 13, 2009, 11:52:51 PM
I've only briefly glanced over the story but I can't believe how wrong you both are. What makes you believe they cannot give the baby the upbringing it deserves? What basis are you making this decision on? Social services would never do this as the baby is (apparently) in no danger and it wouldn't be in its best interests separate it from the parents anyway.

Yes they are very young and have no fixed income but I'm sure social services have been working with the families to make sure they can cope and have financial support. Taking children into care is always the last resort and usually occurs if they are in danger or neglected as it is very distressing for a child/children involved.

Would you be saying the same if the parents were disabled?

Firstly the parents are too young to raise a child, the "father" may be 13, but he seems more like an 8 year old, what age is the mum? 15ish? She should be doing her homework and listening to boy bands not out sleeping around and forgetting to take the pill.
It would be different if both parents came from stable "normal" households, but they both seem to come from a long line of spongers who wouldn't know what a job was or how to apply for one. These people are a blight on society. If that child is to have a chance in life he would need to be taken as far away from them as possible. They breed like rats while others pay for their plasma screen TVs and cans of Dutch Gold. They are scum, from a long line of scum, pure and simple. Sadly they are not confined to the UK, they are over here as well, look at any town in the UK and Ireland, teenage mums standing in queues for their handouts, with their new prams and kids decked out in Nike this and Fila that. This "couple" like their parents have hit the jackpot, the benefits jackpot.
Its like shameless, without the laughs.

Square Ball

Thebigfella

do you honestly think that these kids, and I use that term as that is all they are, are capable of making mature decisions for the sake of the child's welfare? do you think that at 13 and 15 they have the maturity to bring up a child? I dont, its hard enough to do it as a responsible adult, but as a child!!!

Would you be saying the same if the parents were disabled? Disability come in many shapes, forms and severities so it is a difficult question to answer.

ziggysego

No harm to you lads, but I really find it highly offensive comparing these young children to disabled people, as to whether not they are or can be suitable parents!  >:(
Testing Accessibility

020304 Tir Eoghain

Tír Éoghain '03, '05, '08.

Double Cross

Ziggy if you would actually read the previous couple of posts instead of jumping to conclusions you would realise that no one compares these children to disabled people.

The Daily Wail has a better angle than most on the story, there are also a lot of reports on another forum that Alfie isn't the child's father, to be honest it doesn't look like he has a good w**k in him never mind fatherhood.  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1144244/Teenage-sister-boy-father-13-baby-age.html