Lions 2009 thread

Started by Hound, February 12, 2009, 04:47:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hound

Delighted for Fitzgerald. Hope he does himself justice.

Would be 9 Irish starting if Ferris and Flannery were fit!

ludermor

Read somewhere that Shaw has never started a test match for the Lions but has been on tour since 97, it must be some feeling for him for him to finally get his Chance. I think he is a good call and hopefully will help shore up the scrum. Id be very worried about Rees at hooker, he might be a bigger and bulkier but he will need to be at the very top of his game for the lineout to achieve any sort of parity.
Hopefully we will get a more competitive 1st half to the last day.

AAAA

Lads, I just don't get it....  How can 4 countries beating beating 1 country in any sport be recognised as a significant achievement?

ludermor

Stop beating yourself up about it. If your interested look it up.

Bogball XV

i thought monye did well last week and would have retained him at least on the bench.  Williams hasn't impressed me at all this tour.

I also think that Hook on the bench would give more options than O'Gara.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Hound on June 25, 2009, 01:52:08 PM
Delighted for Fitzgerald. Hope he does himself justice.

Would be 9 Irish starting if Ferris and Flannery were fit!

Glad for Fitzgerald as well . I was reading an article a few weeks ago (some one might have posted it on this thread ) how when he was 16 he was woking with Enda Mc Nulty ( one of the armagh twins the sports phycologist) he had to write down what he hoped to achieve in 5 years and he had achieved nearly the lot now that he has been picked for this test.   
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

ludermor

What else could he have hoped to acheive professionally that he hasnt? World cup? All Ireland?
He has had some career so far!!

the Deel Rover

Just the world cup Ludermor 
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

ludermor

World Cup!!
f**k me he was aiming high.
When i was 16 the height of my ambition was to sup from the hairy cup.

Capt Pat

I actually feel pretty good about saturday. I think the Lions might reverse the result of last week.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: ludermor on June 25, 2009, 05:44:18 PM
World Cup!!

:D :D :D lmao Ludermor , i'm sure you achieved your ambition  ;)
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

whiskeysteve

Quote from: ludermor on June 25, 2009, 05:44:18 PM
World Cup!!

And it was my misfortune to be supping from a cup of tea at the moment i read that.

Tea everywhere  :D
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

bingobus

Was reading Pat Dolans piece in the Star at lunch time, he had a wee piece about how the Irish are obssessed with the "British Lions" and he can't understand it. He said that the only bit of green is on the socks and its a token jesture by the British!

What a plonker! Never mentioned the 7 current starters which would suggest a lot of Irish interest or the fact that the they are called the British and Irish Lions. Or the history of the team and the place Irish players have in that history.

No, in pats eyes it should be all based on the colour scheme of the jersey  ::)

Aghdavoyle

Is the "irish" bit in the title not a relatively new addition?