U2

Started by 5 Sams, February 07, 2009, 11:11:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Over the Bar

QuoteAnyone interested in swapping standing tickets for the saturday night for seated tickets, send me a pm.

I think you'd need to be a bit clearer as to which tickets you have stiffler! ;)

stiffler

Quote from: Over the Bar on March 24, 2009, 01:53:04 PM
QuoteAnyone interested in swapping standing tickets for the saturday night for seated tickets, send me a pm.

I think you'd need to be a bit clearer as to which tickets you have stiffler! ;)

Canal end tickets for the saturday night
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Bord na Mona man

Nope, the album still hasn't grown on me.
It lacks the 2 or 3 stand out songs that the other albums have, so it plays more like a collection of B sides.
Bono's voice is getting more raspy and hard to listen to.

Other years I would have gone through the hoops to get concert tickets, but I didn't bother this time.

thebigfella

Just noticed this on ticketmaster

"U2 have confirmed that the U2 360 Tour will play a third and final Irish concert at Dublin's Croke Park on 27 July 2009.

Tickets go on sale Wednesday 1 April at 08:00. "

under the bar

The cheaper tickets thing was a load of sh*te.  Ok some crappy seats went for 35 euro but I'm in exactly the same section of upper hogan overlooking the stage as last time.  Tickets in 05 were apporx 65 euro and this time 95 euro! 

thanks Bono!  not!!

bingobus

Quote from: under the bar on March 25, 2009, 11:14:35 AM
The cheaper tickets thing was a load of sh*te.  Ok some crappy seats went for 35 euro but I'm in exactly the same section of upper hogan overlooking the stage as last time.  Tickets in 05 were apporx 65 euro and this time 95 euro! 

thanks Bono!  not!!

What is the Upper Hogan like for a view. Have a few options, one is Upper Hogan Row C about on the 30m line near the Canal end. Also have Canal end lower and standing to choose from.

lurganblue

Quote from: thebigfella on March 25, 2009, 10:43:09 AM
Just noticed this on ticketmaster

"U2 have confirmed that the U2 360 Tour will play a third and final Irish concert at Dublin's Croke Park on 27 July 2009.

Tickets go on sale Wednesday 1 April at 08:00. "

a monday? is that a bank holiday?

thebigfella

thanks Bono!  not!!

Are you sure? My pitch tickets worked out 65 pounds, about 96 euros round that time. I paid 64 euro for them this time so it's better - with a better exchange rate they would have worked out lots cheaper than the last time.

I don't understand why your complaining after you bought them.

Maguire01

thanks Bono!  not!!
The cheaper tickets thing was exactly as advertised. Some tickets would be very cheap and some would be more expensive - a tiered system, rather than the usual flat rate for seating or standing. It should be obvious that the cheap seats would be the 'crappy seats' and the expensive seats would be in a better location.

armaghniac

QuoteIt should be obvious that the cheap seats would be the 'crappy seats' and the expensive seats would be in a better location.

Perhaps the GAA should do likewise.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

under the bar

QuoteWhat is the Upper Hogan like for a view. Have a few options, one is Upper Hogan Row C about on the 30m line near the Canal end. Also have Canal end lower and standing to choose from.

LAst time around I went all 3 nights.  Friday on the pitch, sat upper hogan, Mon lower hogan.

Upper hogan was best by  a mile.  got the front row and it was spectacular.  When the crowd started jumping up and down at the start of Streets have no name the cantilever design meant it moved up and down quite considerably.  Was a brilliant sensation but the women were cacking themselves!

Doogie Browser

Quote from: under the bar on March 25, 2009, 02:14:47 PM
QuoteWhat is the Upper Hogan like for a view. Have a few options, one is Upper Hogan Row C about on the 30m line near the Canal end. Also have Canal end lower and standing to choose from.

LAst time around I went all 3 nights.  Friday on the pitch, sat upper hogan, Mon lower hogan.

Upper hogan was best by  a mile.  got the front row and it was spectacular.  When the crowd started jumping up and down at the start of Streets have no name the cantilever design meant it moved up and down quite considerably.  Was a brilliant sensation but the women were cacking themselves!
You sure this was a concert you were at?  :P

under the bar

QuoteYou sure this was a concert you were at? 

;D :D ;D :D ;D

Gabriel_Hurl

Got 4 for the Toronto show this morning  :D

Caid

I got the brother for for the Monday night show in Croker.  But their €135 a pop (half way up lower teir of cusack, right beside the stage).  Not sure if him and his mates are taking them now cause they dear with exchange rate (£125).  Will I get face value for them nearer the time you reckon?  Good seats but wary that they for a Monday..
When my country takes her place among the nations of the earth...then may my epitaph be written