U2

Started by 5 Sams, February 07, 2009, 11:11:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longrunsthefox

Not into the back garden would I go...

Minder

Quote from: longrunsthefox on March 20, 2009, 10:29:17 AM

Used to be a big fan, seen them the last time in Croke and in Botanic gardens in '97 but it didnt appeal to me this time at all.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

armaghniac

The better half queued for tickets. I might go along and see if they have changed since I last saw them in 1980. Mind you they are charging 35 times as much now, so they better be good.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

bingobus

Quote from: Minder on March 20, 2009, 10:30:51 AM
Quote from: longrunsthefox on March 20, 2009, 10:29:17 AM

Used to be a big fan, seen them the last time in Croke and in Botanic gardens in '97 but it didnt appeal to me this time at all.

Worked the bar at that show, was sure it was going to cave in round us. Worst position of a bar at a concert of all time, either side of the entrances to the park!! There where 4 ticket "sheds" that you bought you beer vouchers from and then you approached the bar to get your pints. The sheds lasted about an hour, one of the sellers was pulled out a window by a security man just before it collapsed in. It was madness, at one stage we stopped serving and held the bar up whiile Security drove people back.

To top it off we got paid stg£30 for about 8 hours work. They where carrying money out in binliners!!

David McKeown

I tried to get tickets for the saturday show.  Tried to get 4 of the cheapest tickets from the drop down menu (€65).  Waited in the queue for ten minutes and got none.  Tried again and asked for best available.  Waited 20 mins and got 4 €33 tickets that hadnt been available in the drop down menu.  Happy enough.  Brother got 2 sets of 4 upper hogan without much bother in the same length of time
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

the colonel

logged on at 12 and got 3 tickets for hampden, 85 quid each and an £8.50 service charge on each ticket. its ridiculous. there was 3 ticket options for seating, 30 quid, 85 and 150. not sure what the standing was.
the difference between success and failure is energy

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

bro-in-law in Liverpool managed to get 8 tickets for Sat night so sorted!  ;D
Tbc....

stiffler

Did anyone manage to get standing tickets for the saturday night?

After trying for half an hour, the only option was the upper canal end.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Puckoon

I cant decided if I like this fecking album or not.

Bord na Mona man

Quote from: muppet on March 18, 2009, 07:11:25 PM
Got my tickets today. (I feel like Tony  :-[)
Only if you won them, or got them for free.

Over the Bar

Got tix for the Sat night.  Glas Vegas the support.  Who are they, who do they sound like and are they any good?

Treasurer

Quote from: Over the Bar on March 23, 2009, 05:02:34 PM
Got tix for the Sat night.  Glas Vegas the support.  Who are they, who do they sound like and are they any good?

I thought Glasvegas were Fri night and the Kaiser Chiefs Sat night?

Gabriel_Hurl

Tickets for the Skydome show go on sale next Monday - will try and get some - never been a big fan though.

Snow Patrol are opening for them

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Treasurer on March 23, 2009, 05:11:02 PM
Quote from: Over the Bar on March 23, 2009, 05:02:34 PM

I thought Glasvegas were Fri night and the Kaiser Chiefs Sat night?

Your right treasurer, Glasvegas on fri and KC on sat.
Tbc....

stiffler

Anyone interested in swapping standing tickets for the saturday night for seated tickets, send me a pm.

thanks
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009