U2

Started by 5 Sams, February 07, 2009, 11:11:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

under the bar

QuoteU2 are brillant, bono is a tool, is it true he burned the tri-colour in germany years ago.

Dunno, but there wss a story doing the rounds about 15 years ago at a US concert he ripped the tricolur into three bits and used the white part to blow his nose, then said he didnt have a clue wtf the flag stood for anymore.

muppet

Quote from: under the bar on March 02, 2009, 08:17:50 PM
QuoteU2 are brillant, bono is a tool, is it true he burned the tri-colour in germany years ago.

Dunno, but there wss a story doing the rounds about 15 years ago at a US concert he ripped the tricolur into three bits and used the white part to blow his nose, then said he didnt have a clue wtf the flag stood for anymore.

Apparently he actually waved a flag once!!!  ::)
MWWSI 2017

ardmhachaabu

The album is growing on me the more I listen to it and I find myself putting it on in the evenings when I get in from work at the minute... to me it's vintage U2 at their best, to be  honest  :-[
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

INDIANA

Its an acquired taste in my view. But in my opinion its like bile. Can't stand it, gets worse very time I listen to it. So I've stopped. ;D

Eoghan Mag

Quote from: Maguire01 on February 28, 2009, 11:37:51 PM
What's the new BellX1 album like? I didn't like the last one as much as Music In Mouth.

There are some fine tracks on it, but the tracks I liked most the woman turned her nose up at. Its not everyone's cup of tea. The last track is unusual but works fine for me.

5 Sams

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on March 04, 2009, 11:00:16 PM
The album is growing on me the more I listen to it and I find myself putting it on in the evenings when I get in from work at the minute... to me it's vintage U2 at their best, to be  honest  :-[

Cant understand why they released 'Boots" as the first single...OK it has grown on me a small bit but there are some deadly tracks on this album....much better than "Boots"....its as good as anything they have done to date IMHO.....the more I listen the better it gets....

Have to say The Edge's guitar is unreal 8)
The Aristocrat Years

stiffler

Quote from: 5 Sams on March 05, 2009, 09:36:36 PM

Cant understand why they released 'Boots" as the first single...OK it has grown on me a small bit but there are some deadly tracks on this album....much better than "Boots"....its as good as anything they have done to date IMHO.....the more I listen the better it gets....

Thinking the same myself 5sams, the album grows on ya after a listen or two! that boots song should never been released as 1st track, poor decision IMO
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Shamrock Shore

QuoteHave to say The Edge's guitar is unreal

Improvements in technologu in my opinion:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EDuK46ZqFM

ardmhachaabu

I love Boots  ;D

It speaks to me, that's the only way I can describe it. 
I would put it right up there with some of their best tracks ever.  No point in referring to any other song here though - they are all great (well possibly apart from the zooropa and pop stuff but they can be ignored by and large  :D )
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

5 Sams

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on March 05, 2009, 10:04:32 PM

I love Boots  ;D

It speaks to me, that's the only way I can describe it. 
I would put it right up there with some of their best tracks ever.  No point in referring to any other song here though - they are all great (well possibly apart from the zooropa and pop stuff but they can be ignored by and large  :D )

Dont forget that Pop produced "Staring at the Sun".......quality

I'm really liking "Moment of Surrender" of this one... :)
The Aristocrat Years

Double Cross

The new album is really starting to grow on me,  I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight is probably my favourite, closely followed by Magnificent. Boots is probably the weakest song on the album, don't know why they decided to release it as the first single.
Really looking forward to seeing them in the summer, just a pity they are playing in Croker.

muppet

Quote from: Double Cross on March 05, 2009, 10:58:23 PM
The new album is really starting to grow on me,  I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight is probably my favourite, closely followed by Magnificent. Boots is probably the weakest song on the album, don't know why they decided to release it as the first single.
Really looking forward to seeing them in the summer, just a pity they are playing in Croker.

According to U2.com the stage will be in the middle of the stadium which might help the sound.

Am I alone in hearing Arcade Fire and Kings of Leon in some of the songs?
MWWSI 2017

Double Cross

Definitely hear some Arcade Fire alright.

under the bar

Get on your boots reminds me very much of some of the later Queen stuff in the harmonies. 

I sincerely hope that they won't open & close their live perfomance with Boots as they did with Vertigo.  What a waste of all too scarce concert time playing Vertigo for a 2nd time instead of Walk On.

muppet

Quote from: under the bar on March 06, 2009, 01:09:23 PM
Get on your boots reminds me very much of some of the later Queen stuff in the harmonies. 

I sincerely hope that they won't open & close their live perfomance with Boots as they did with Vertigo.  What a waste of all too scarce concert time playing Vertigo for a 2nd time instead of Walk On.

Great idea.

List 20 U2 songs you would want to hear live (it must include 3 or 4 from the new album obviously).

MWWSI 2017