The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: From the Bunker on February 21, 2010, 05:02:27 PM
0-0. Benny should have went down in the box for a late challenge, but rode the tackle in the 91 minute. Not a bad result. Still all to play for, for both teams.

Its refreshing to see a player who doesn't automatically drop like he's just been shot. Besides, you'd never hear the end of it after Agger's push on Adebayor a few minutes earlier. Mascherano was very lucky and should have been sent off. Both teams were shockingly poor in the final third - there wasn't an inch of space anywhere. That said, Skrtel should've buried that header in the first half. Draw a fair result though. Hopefully Liverpool can put a bit of form together for the run-in now.

Remaining games - they'd really need to be winning all of those except the United and Chelsea and, possibly, the Birmingham games. I think eight wins and three draws might be a little optimistic given the form so far this season though!

Sunday, 28 February 2010
Liverpool v Blackburn, 15:00

Monday, 8 March 2010
Wigan v Liverpool, 20:00

Monday, 15 March 2010
Liverpool v Portsmouth, 20:00

Sunday, 21 March 2010
Man Utd v Liverpool, 13:30

Sunday, 28 March 2010
Liverpool v Sunderland, 16:00

Saturday, 3 April 2010
Birmingham v Liverpool, 15:00

Sunday, 11 April 2010
Liverpool v Fulham, 15:00

Monday, 19 April 2010
Liverpool v West Ham, 20:00

Saturday, 24 April 2010
Burnley v Liverpool, 15:00

Saturday, 1 May 2010
Liverpool v Chelsea, 15:00

Sunday, 9 May 2010
Hull v Liverpool, 15:00

Mayo4Sam

You'd have to expect 9 points before the united game?
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on February 21, 2010, 06:43:16 PM
You'd have to expect 9 points before the united game?
Wouldnt be unreasonable to expect at least 7 wins out of that lot. Birmingham and Fulham might take some points and Man United and Chelsea could
go either way.

bingobus

Jaysus H Christ, just woke up after that yesterday. Thrilling stuff  ::)

In fairness was to be expected, both teams didn't want to live. I think a draw is better for Liverpool, City have a tougher run in and we've played all the other teams looking at fourth, they still have to play each other. Still very much a 4 horse race with an interesting few weeks ahead.

Great to see Torres and Benny back, much headed and we may actually try and win a game or two now!

bingobus

Bensars

Boycey you must realise that you have entered the world of best possible outcomes.

He who can cling to any possibility of success in a sea of mediocrity will be King.  Anyone who mentions the King must bow and genuflect (sp)  in respect of Kenneth and then roar out a verse of you'll never walk alone.

If you can do these things you will be eligible to wear your red tinted glasses and you too, can engage in a game of make believe and mathematical improbabilities.

All potential candidates must first be vetted by Bingo Bus, and it is a prerequisite that under no circumstances will any surnames be used in reference to playing staff. Rafa, Stevie, Fernando, maxi, benni to name but a few

bingobus

Quote from: Boycey on February 22, 2010, 12:05:08 PM
Quote from: bingobus on February 22, 2010, 11:37:11 AM
Jaysus H Christ, just woke up after that yesterday. Thrilling stuff  ::)

In fairness was to be expected, both teams didn't want to live. I think a draw is better for Liverpool, City have a tougher run in and we've played all the other teams looking at fourth, they still have to play each other. Still very much a 4 horse race with an interesting few weeks ahead.

Great to see Torres and Benny back, much headed and we may actually try and win a game or two now!

Dangerous to assume Liverpools run in is easier, I've read the same about Arsenals title run in being easier too. While Pool may have played their rivals for 4th there are 7-8 teams fighting against relegation most of who won't just roll over and give 3 handy points. There are possibly only 3-4 teams with nothing to play for in the whole division

On paper at least its easier and playing teams at bottom should be easier but with Liverpool nothing is for certain. No handy 3 points and I don't think there will be but I know which run in I'd pick.

Bensars - you still waiting on Rafa's sacking and Stevie G's transfer that you predicted a few months back  ::) Your post is about as funny as piles (and fair play for trying humour - its new to you)

bingobus

Bensars - you realise your latest post was just as unfunny as your previous post and remove it  ;D

AZOffaly

Quote from: Boycey on February 22, 2010, 01:03:33 PM
Quote from: Bensars on February 22, 2010, 12:16:50 PM
Boycey you must realise that you have entered the world of best possible outcomes.

He who can cling to any possibility of success in a sea of mediocrity will be King.  Anyone who mentions the King must bow and genuflect (sp)  in respect of Kenneth and then roar out a verse of you'll never walk alone.

If you can do these things you will be eligible to wear your red tinted glasses and you too, can engage in a game of make believe and mathematical improbabilities.

All potential candidates must first be vetted by Bingo Bus, and it is a prerequisite that under no circumstances will any surnames be used in reference to playing staff. Rafa, Stevie, Fernando, maxi, benni to name but a few

Come on now everyone knows its Stevie Starfish and Nando

I like that. :D I always maintain that any lad that has the wherewithal to remember to throw his limbs to the four winds when falling has not been fouled/touched. The lads who fall in a heap are usually the ones who have been clipped or tripped.

I think the refs should say that if the hands go above the level of the head when the lad is executing his triple pike, forward roll with tuck, they'll book him for diving or exaggerating.

AZOffaly

nrico2006

Bob-Lee Swagger must be in the crowd:

'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Geoff Tipps

Footballers in dive shock! Thanks for uncovering this startling new evidence lads  :)

Silky

Shocking match yesterday. The worst I've seen in a long while. But at least we took a point home. The run in looks interesting and I'm beging to believe we can do it again!

AZOffaly

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on February 22, 2010, 01:48:20 PM
Footballers in dive shock! Thanks for uncovering this startling new evidence lads  :)

That wasn't the point. I just think it looks ridiculous. You'd think they'd employ stunt men to teach them how to fall over and look natural. Those look like the cover of Platoon :D