Previous topic - Next topic

Hereiam

All i will say is
"GET LUCAS OF THE PITCH,
INTO THE CHANGING ROOMS,
BAG PACKED &
OUT THE FU*KIN FRONT GATE"

High Wide and Handsome

Torres is class! Benetiz is the mug! If he had a better manager who played a decent style of football we would see the best of fim.
"Swing er over!"

angermanagement

Quote from: High Wide and Handsome on September 30, 2009, 10:34:17 AM
Torres is class! Benetiz is the mug! If he had a better manager who played a decent style of football we would see the best of fim.

What are you talking about decent style of football, they were top scorers in the league last year and are curently top scorers this season too, the teams built around Torres and Gerrard, its the defence thats the problem at the minute but hopefully with Agger and Aurellio back things will start to tighting up a bit.

stevo-08

Rafa obviously fuming about the performance last night, and rightly so. I thought Rafa was very slow to make changes but also the attitude & effort from some of the players was a disgrace. They didnt seem to care.

Hopefully he's right about the performance for the chelsea game. Need at least a draw in that game.

QuoteRafa rages at lacklustre Liverpool
Rafael Benitez could find absolutely no positives after seeing Liverpool beaten 2-0 in an awful Champions League display at Fiorentina.

The Spaniard seemed to suggest it was the worst European performance under his Anfield management after admitting the Reds were simply never in the game.

Two first-half goals from teenage striker Stevan Jovetic stunned Liverpool, and even with an improved display after break, the damage had already been done.

Benitez said: "In that first-half we did not play well, there were too many mistakes and problems. We did improve, but it was not enough.

"Our mentality in that opening period was just not right, we were bad all over the pitch and I cannot really recall a performance like that.

"They were on top of us all the time, we played badly and they were just better than us."

Liverpool went behind when Jovetic broke the offside trap with Adrian Mutu deemed not to be interfering with play.

"It is the new law, and another mistake by us," Benitez said.

"If a player is in such a position he is offside, and it makes it difficult for defenders who are distracted by him. But the law says the other player coming from deep is fine, he can go through. Just another error by us."

Jovetic took advantage of poor defending on the near post to claim his second, and Benitez was also critical of the tackling and pressing from his team.

He said: "I was not only disappointed with the challenging in midfield but all over the pitch.

"But they did not produce anything we did not expect. We had watched them, we knew about Jovetic, there was nothing new out there that surprised us. But we still played badly.

"We now have Chelsea away at the weekend in an important Premier League game. I believe you will see a different Liverpool in that match, a totally different performance with a different mentality.

"Then we have Lyon home and away in this group, they are the leaders and it means we have to now win them both.

"We certainly will not be as bad again. If you make too many mistakes against such sides, you will be punished. It is very simple.

"Mentally we will have better days than this. We did improve, but we needed to score early in the second-half. We had the chances but we failed to take them."

Fiorentina coach Cesare Prandelli was delighted with his own team.

The former Juventus player said: "We were fantastic, that is the best performance I have seen by a Fiorentina side in the four years I have been in charge.

"Liverpool did not play well, but that was because of the performance of my team. We were outstanding.

"Especially in that first-half when we were just fantastic. The pressure we put Liverpool under all over the pitch was wonderful to watch.

"But although we played well, I believe we can still improve, and we will have to if we are to qualify from this group.

"To have beaten such a great team with such brilliant players was an achievement, but we must not waste this and we now need to keep winning in this group.

"I will now rotate my squad for the weekend, this team is not just 11 players, but a real squad. Everyone has to play their part.

"I was delighted with Jovetic. I have always said he has great talent, but last season maybe he did not play for the team, now is working for everyone else and he is gaining his rewards."

bingobus

Some complete gobshites on here in fairness, and not just the usual trolls either but so called liverpool supporters.

It was a dreadful first half display, although prior to the first goal, it looked like they could hold out to half time as the Italians hadn't created any clear chances. But giving possession away so often was always going to risk what did happen.

Lucas as usual is the main target. Like others in first half was guilty but he was over-run in midfield, Aurielo was walk about, Gerard was AWOL, Benny and Kuyt constantly give the ball away and never give any protection to the full backs. The list could go on.

I'll repeat myself, gobshites.

WeAreBlueWeAreWhite

Its refreshing to hear a manager talk honestly. If that had of been United Alex would have sent out that baldy f**k to mate excuses for why they lost
AND A BOTTLE OF RITZ FOR ME LAC

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: WeAreBlueWeAreWhite on September 30, 2009, 11:17:21 AM
Its refreshing to hear a manager talk honestly. If that had of been United Alex would have sent out that baldy f**k to mate excuses for why they lost

Why revert to UTD insults? Can you not discuss Liverpool without the constant bench marking?

full back

Quote from: WeAreBlueWeAreWhite on September 30, 2009, 11:17:21 AM

:D :D :D

The jealousy is hanging out of you

Why not analyse the defeat & discuss where it went wrong & what can be done to improve it instead of taking pot-shots at the  PL Champions ;)

supersarsfields

Quote from: bingobus on September 30, 2009, 11:16:30 AM
Some complete gobshites on here in fairness, and not just the usual trolls either but so called liverpool supporters.

It was a dreadful first half display, although prior to the first goal, it looked like they could hold out to half time as the Italians hadn't created any clear chances. But giving possession away so often was always going to risk what did happen.

Lucas as usual is the main target. Like others in first half was guilty but he was over-run in midfield, Aurielo was walk about, Gerard was AWOL, Benny and Kuyt constantly give the ball away and never give any protection to the full backs. The list could go on.

Hold on a minute Bingo, just because some people critise liverpool's preformance last nite doesn't make them any less of supporters. And it's hardly surprising Lucas gets the worst of it. Most of the others were poor aswell. But that isn't the usual for them, lucas however in my eyes has been consistenly poor and deserved any critism he gets after a performance like last night.
I'd say he's prob at a level were he could be a squad player, but to me he looks like someone who needs to be playing week in week out to get confidence up. And I don't think he's going to get that at Liverpool. 

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: bingobus on September 30, 2009, 11:16:30 AM

agree about lucas & aurelio, simply not a good enough CMF partnership to play away from home in the chmpions league.
Insua is a strange one, seen him quite a few times now, at at times has looked like he would develop into a world class left back, but then the last few games and particularly last night, he looked very shakey. Prob just needs more time but,would still have high hopes for him.
Hrad to pick out anyone that played well last night really, even kuyt who usually works his socks off on european nights ,just couldnt get going
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

WeAreBlueWeAreWhite

Why would I be jealous? I don't support anyone I just like watching all the games.
AND A BOTTLE OF RITZ FOR ME LAC

botman

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on September 30, 2009, 09:58:41 AM
Quote from: botman on September 30, 2009, 09:54:41 AM
Torres found out in Europe once again. Failed to deliver anything of significance. Why he is so highly rated by Liverpool fans I'll never know.
58 goals in 92 games, 32 goals in 34 games at anfeild, current top scorer in the premier league.I'd say thats why they rate him so highly  ::)

Did he score last night? Even I could score against Hull and Burnley!

He can't do it in the big games that matter. Cut from the same cloth as Henry.

Keep them at it.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: botman on September 30, 2009, 12:37:36 PM
Torres found out in Europe once again. Failed to deliver anything of significance. Why he is so highly rated by Liverpool fans I'll never know.
58 goals in 92 games, 32 goals in 34 games at anfeild, current top scorer in the premier league.I'd say thats why they rate him so highly  ::)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2009/mar/14/premier-league-manchester-united-liverpool-4-1

played pretty weel in that game, against a side alot 0of people regard highly ::)
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

botman

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on September 30, 2009, 12:44:55 PM

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2009/mar/14/premier-league-manchester-united-liverpool-4-1

played pretty weel in that game, against a side alot 0of people regard highly ::)

Only as good as your last game.

Man U game was hardly a big game. The league was over at that stage.

I remain to be convinced.
Keep them at it.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: botman on September 30, 2009, 12:47:19 PM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on September 30, 2009, 12:44:55 PM

Only as good as your last game.

Man U game was hardly a big game. The league was over at that stage.

I remain to be convinced.

liverpool v united is not a big game??? ??? ???
suppose real madrid in the champions league wouldnt really be either?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/7899615.stm