The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deiseach

Quote from: Bingo on December 10, 2013, 10:33:48 AM
Quote from: deiseach on December 10, 2013, 10:30:48 AM
I'm not Richard Buxton. Honest.

Thats me convinced.

*looks at own avatar and photo of Richard Buxton* Not so sure myself now...

laoislad

Richard Buxton (1786–1865) was a British botanist. Born in Manchester to a family who lived in humble circumstances, he taught himself to read, and learned the basic principles of botany. In 1849, he published the Botanical Guide, which became one of the standard texts on the flora then commonly found in the Manchester area. According to his obituary in the Journal of Botany, British and Foreign

That explains it..he is a manc....
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Bingo

Quote from: deiseach on December 10, 2013, 10:35:08 AM
Quote from: Bingo on December 10, 2013, 10:33:48 AM
Quote from: deiseach on December 10, 2013, 10:30:48 AM
I'm not Richard Buxton. Honest.

Thats me convinced.

*looks at own avatar and photo of Richard Buxton* Not so sure myself now...

Haha, have you lost weight since the avatar photo was taken?

Bingo

Quote from: laoislad on December 10, 2013, 10:36:33 AM
Richard Buxton (1786–1865) was a British botanist. Born in Manchester to a family who lived in humble circumstances, he taught himself to read, and learned the basic principles of botany. In 1849, he published the Botanical Guide, which became one of the standard texts on the flora then commonly found in the Manchester area. According to his obituary in the Journal of Botany, British and Foreign

Judging by his date of birth he is also a immortal vampire who is re-inventing himself on a regular basis.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Bingo on December 10, 2013, 10:40:38 AM

Judging by his date of birth he is also a immortal vampire who is re-inventing himself on a regular basis.

definitely a manc then!!

Bingo

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on December 10, 2013, 10:42:12 AM

definitely a manc then!!

Could be Giggsy actually.

deiseach

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on December 10, 2013, 10:42:12 AM

definitely a manc then!!

Now you know why the sun never shines in Manchester. Lancashire endured 77 years of rain-interrupted attempts to win the cricket County Championship. Then Old Trafford gets closed for a year, they play most of their matches in Aigburth and boom! instant success.

cadhlancian

Anyone else think Johan Cabaye would be an excellent addition to the midfield. Seems like the type of player we may be lacking at the minute? Im sure he would probably command somewhere in the region of 15/20 million. If we can get through the xmas period in decent shape, he would be worth a bid in my view ;)

brokencrossbar1

I see Suarez was awarded the second goal as well now from the weekend game, ridiculous but he has it to his name now.  I wonder if he keeps this run of form will he win Player of the Year? 

Estimator

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on December 11, 2013, 03:29:45 PM
I see Suarez was awarded the second goal as well now from the weekend game, ridiculous but he has it to his name now.  I wonder if he keeps this run of form will he win Player of the Year? 

That's almost as bad as Steve Bruce pleading on behalf of Huddlestone to give him the 3rd Hull goal against Liverpool.
Ulster League Champions 2009

Walter Cronc

CD

Good news for my fantasy football - another 5 points I think!

I'd say he'll get the players' player of the year award. I think the players make returns in Jan/Feb so the award only really reflects the first half of the season and Suarez is the best player so far!
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: CD on December 11, 2013, 03:44:26 PM

Good news for my fantasy football - another 5 points I think!

I'd say he'll get the players' player of the year award. I think the players make returns in Jan/Feb so the award only really reflects the first half of the season and Suarez is the best player so far!

And he hasn't bitten anyone else either so it has to be a shoe in at this stage, 15 goals in 10 games is some return.

Mikhailov

Gerrard out for 6 weeks = minimum 7/8 games. I think he is not the player he was but still crucial to the team in terms of confidence and dead ball plays so will be certainly missed. Maybe we should go with back 3 and stick with it for the period rather than chopping and changing. Back 3 accommodates Sahko and Agger and allows Johnson to bomb forward so maybe a possibility. See somewhere today that Javier Pastore is available on loan in Jan from PSG and needs games to get in Argentina WC squad - he is Champions league tied so not interesting for any qualifier in that so maybe he could come to Anfield for 6 months and show what he has got and force his way into Argie squad. We need strengthening big time if we are to maintain a challenge. Arsenal also welcome back Podolski, Oxlade Chamberlain and Walcott back into their squad which makes them even stronger.

As I said previously Shane Long for 6M would be a start. Someone said Cabaye but he will be 15+ but is a decent player who can play rough or smooth depending on the flow of the game. Need at least 4 new faces in Jan either on loan or a purchase.

deiseach

You'll find no shortage of people (friend or foe) saying Gerrard is past it. I think we're about to find out. Oh, and surely we can come up with a better captain in the absence of Gerrard and Agger than Glen bleedin' Johnson!

*looks through squad*

Oh Jesus...