The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Mikhailov on December 09, 2013, 12:36:51 PM
9 pts would be acceptable for sure but we can't afford any more injuries. Agger needs games, as does Sahko if we are going to push on. Gerard and sturridge are out for next set of games it appears so squad will be fully tested. What options for midfield now... Lucas, Allen and Henderson are ok but what next if one of them misses out.
Signings needed in Jan for sure - midfielder, left sided man and another striker. Any possible names out there yet..?
Would like to see Shane long for 6M - would give us pace up front, Mulumbu from WBA for defensive role in middle, sniejder would be great but can't see it. Bertrand or ceontrau for the left side role on loan would suffice.

Bigger names mean bigger cost and we don't have the funds unfortunately

Onwards and upwards !!!
i actually said that the other day, liverpool could do a lot worse than Long as the third striker if he was interested in coming. would offer something a bit different than the other two they have.
I cant believe he doesnt always start fro WBA, maybe he would think , i may as well sit on Liverpools bench and get to play in a few big games as sit on west broms
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Hound

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on December 09, 2013, 11:43:02 AM
Quote from: deiseach on December 09, 2013, 11:12:21 AM
There were signs on Saturday that Allen might work out okay. He was the only one in the first 35 minutes who was passing and moving. He was caught out in possession a few times but that was a function of him continually trying to get the ball forward rather than engaging in crab football.
He was also decent against Norwich but I would temper any feelings by the level of the opponents,  2 teams that will likely be involved in the relegation battle.  The thing is that I think he might be ok against Spurs but may struggle against City and Chelsea. 
Unfortunately the Welsh Xavi isnt quite as good as the Spanish version, but he's a huge step up on Lucas for games against the dross. Allen did well against Norwich and better again against West Ham. I'd expect Lucas to do a decent job against Spurs, Chelsea and City. Will need both Allen and Henderson to step it up again and put in big workrate and take more responsibility. I think the trio will do well in those games, and we might not miss Gerrard - unless we get a crucial penalty...!

I'd like to see Luis Alberto get a chance against Cardiff - coz again Lucas just wouldnt contribute anything in that game.

Thought Sahko looked better against West Ham too. Although Agger was only out due to illness so will be interesting to see who he goes with v Spurs.

I'm still not sure what exactly BR sees in Flanagan versus other options for full back, but have to trust him in that regard I suppose.

supersub

Quote from: EC Unique on December 09, 2013, 10:49:15 AM
Quote from: Bingo on December 09, 2013, 10:41:28 AM
Quote from: EC Unique on December 09, 2013, 10:32:34 AM
Quote from: Geoff Tipps on December 09, 2013, 10:16:28 AM
Quote from: Bingo on December 09, 2013, 10:08:49 AM
Really, really good weekend in terms of results, all went the way you'd want bar Spurs.

Seemed to be a better team display than against Norwich, can't say any of the goals will feature on Goal of the month but Johnsons ball in for the 3rd was just super.

Gerard going to be a miss for a spell. Can't say he has overly impressed on a consistent basis but he is a player that other teams fear and he has 6 assists and a few goals to date, albeit mostly from set pieces. I think that a centre 3 of Lucas, Allen and Henderson will bring loads of energy and workrate in games when it will be needed.

A tough spell ahead and we'll see the character of the side if nothing else.

Yes don't think his all round play has been as good as previous seasons but his set pieces are better now than anything
he has produced before.

Injured?

Went off injured on Saturday, hamstring.

No where near as big a loss as what he would have been in the past. You lot just better pray that Saurez does not get injured or get suspended, he is unmarkable at present.

Gerrard plays his current role exceptionally. Yes he doesn't drive on and affect games in the final third as much as previously, or as much as some would like, but that is not his role anymore. He sits nearly as deep as Lucas (and even more so when Lucas isn't playing i.e. Sat & Wed), and let's Coutinho, Henderson, Sturridge, Suarez, Sterling, Moses etc control the final third. Having watching him like a hawk last Wednesday evening to see exactly his role, I was v impressed with his discipline in the role where he positions himself both when Liverpool have and haven't got the ball - he is never far from our D of the center circle and is always available and comfortable for a pass from Mignolet or any of the back four - which is more than can be said for Allen, he shat himself every time the ball was played to him from the back, losing it on several occasions. Gerrad's range of passing is still exceptional (even though he does get a few wrong now and then). His deliveries from set pieces are world class and have been worth a few points for us this season too in my opinion. What I am trying to say is we will miss Gerrard more than some may think even though he isn't as blatantly dominating games as he used to, it will be hard to get someone else to perform to his standards in this role over how many games he may miss. Lucas can do the defensive work ok, but I wouldn't be too confident in Allen to provide any creation or even be the calming effect in midfield, it has to be one or the other playing for me (Lucas or Allen), not both, which is another reason Gerrard is so vital to our midfield at the moment. Afraid to say Allen was very poor against Norwich in my opinion and the opinion of those around me at the game, he inspires no confidence in the team or supporters and it got to the point where you expected him to lose the ball.

GalwayBayBoy

Gerrard will definitely be missed. OK he doesn't have the legs and energy that he once had and he sometimes gets caught in possession as a result but his delivery from set-pieces and crosses has been exceptional this season. And I mean exceptional.

QuoteLiverpool have scored 11 goals from set-pieces this season, most in Europe's top 5 leagues.

gawa316

Rumours now that Henderson is also injured.

Can't say I'm overly looking forward to the next 4 or 5 games, hopefully I'm wrong.

But being without Sturridge, Gerrard, Enrique and Henderson is going to be damaging to us and just shows the lack of depth in the squad.

Mikhailov

Sincerely hope the Henderson injury is not a major issue - he has done well this season and gives the middle sector plenty of energy. Has bags of appetite which makes up for his other minor faults. On Saturday past v the hammers he cleared one out of the 6 yard box and was on the end of the breakaway move if sterling had of lifted his head !!

Need Henderson for next 3 games for sure. Who do we turn to if he is out ....?

Need at least 5 big signings and I mean 10M+ each in next 2 windows to keep the momentum. the mancs are failing, spurs have not much money left for AVB to burn so we need to seize and opportunity.

Rodgers last jan window was major success - Coutinho and Sturridge - lets hope for similar this one

GalwayBayBoy

These injuries could not have come at a worse time heading into the busiest fixture list of the entire season. If they came in November there were only 3 league games the entire month. You'd do that in a week over Christmas.

God14

James Pearce (reliable - Liverpool Echo) said that whilst Henderson wore a protective boot yesterday, its just bruising & the club of hopeful he will be fit for the weekend.

Bingo

The curious case of Richard Buxton. Anyone aware of him or follow him on Twitter? Seems he has been outed as been having a bit of a split personality.

He would be a liverpool based journo, writes for the Click Liverpool website and does a few local radio shows. Also had a very high sense of importance of his opinion. Anyways as a journo he was entitled to attend games, press conferences at both Liverpool and Everton.

In the past he was a Liverpool supporter, I remember him been on a few Liverpool forums and he was a bit contorversal to say the least, always went against the grain and liked to rise everyone. It normally resulted in him been banned or quitting to re-emerge weeks later.

In more recent years he has seemed to distant himself from been a red and likes to stir the pot eg always praise Everton and put the boot into Liverpool over something petty. But he was always very vocal in been from Liverpool and a keen supporter of Hillsborough and the HJC.

Anyways, it seems he was on a local liverpool forum under another name and he was a regular Liverpool bashing but more so it was his attitude towards the fans and their involvement in Heysel and Hillsborough, posted a right bit of very insensitive abuse and the like on the matter. The forum mods became suspicous and have tracked this poster to been no other than Richard Buxton.

May not interest too many but I would have engaged him on twitter in the past and he was a strange individual, a bit of talk about it on twitter and will be interesting to see if he actually addresses it.

It passed Tuesday am for me anyways   :D

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Bingo on December 10, 2013, 09:51:08 AM
The curious case of Richard Buxton. Anyone aware of him or follow him on Twitter? Seems he has been outed as been having a bit of a split personality.

He would be a liverpool based journo, writes for the Click Liverpool website and does a few local radio shows. Also had a very high sense of importance of his opinion. Anyways as a journo he was entitled to attend games, press conferences at both Liverpool and Everton.

In the past he was a Liverpool supporter, I remember him been on a few Liverpool forums and he was a bit contorversal to say the least, always went against the grain and liked to rise everyone. It normally resulted in him been banned or quitting to re-emerge weeks later.

In more recent years he has seemed to distant himself from been a red and likes to stir the pot eg always praise Everton and put the boot into Liverpool over something petty. But he was always very vocal in been from Liverpool and a keen supporter of Hillsborough and the HJC.

Anyways, it seems he was on a local liverpool forum under another name and he was a regular Liverpool bashing but more so it was his attitude towards the fans and their involvement in Heysel and Hillsborough, posted a right bit of very insensitive abuse and the like on the matter. The forum mods became suspicous and have tracked this poster to been no other than Richard Buxton.

May not interest too many but I would have engaged him on twitter in the past and he was a strange individual, a bit of talk about it on twitter and will be interesting to see if he actually addresses it.

Little amuses the innocent :D

God14

Yeah I was reading about that on twitter last night Bingo.
Ive always found Buxton to be very very unreliable when it comes to transfer news etc. He has in the past had a few LFC transfer scoops, breaking news stories -  that were actually complete crap! 

Id imagine this is the end of the road for him as a journo. Scousers in the city of Liverpool wont let him away with that.

Bingo

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on December 10, 2013, 10:14:02 AM
Quote from: Bingo on December 10, 2013, 09:51:08 AM

Little amuses the innocent :D

Its december and been a very long year  ;)

deiseach

He probably posts on here as well. I can think of a few suspects.

Bingo

Quote from: God14 on December 10, 2013, 10:16:47 AM
Yeah I was reading about that on twitter last night Bingo.
Ive always found Buxton to be very very unreliable when it comes to transfer news etc. He has in the past had a few LFC transfer scoops, breaking news stories -  that were actually complete crap! 

Id imagine this is the end of the road for him as a journo. Scousers in the city of Liverpool wont let him away with that.

He would be known as a cut and paste merchant and reviewed the forums for his "scoops", was set up a few times. He said last year that Sahin was due to sign on a permanent deal, the next day his loan was cut short and he transferred to Dortmund.

Deiseach - you do a bit of writing don't you.......

deiseach

Quote from: Bingo on December 10, 2013, 10:26:48 AM
Deiseach - you do a bit of writing don't you.......

I'm not Richard Buxton. Honest.