The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

junior9

When it comes to replacing Lucas, I can only see Kenny playing Spearing in that role.  While I can see the merit in playing 3 at the back with wing backs, I think that would upset the thing a bit too much.  We have a bit of momentum going at the minute so I'd prefer as close to like for like as possible.  If it's not going to be Spearing or Gerrard (which it won't be for now anyway) then a disciplined Henderson is another option.  He settled midfield down against Chelsea in the league when we needed it but he'd need to be disciplined and remember his defensive duties.

On another note, Maxi and Bellamy must start against Fulham.  Pace and an eye for goal has to have them in ahead of Downing and Kuyt.

Minus15

Agree with Junior there on Maxi and Bellamy. Would like to see this team against Fulham:

Reina
Johnson
Skrtel
Agger
Enrique
Maxi
Henderson
Adam
Bellamy
Carroll
Suarez

laoislad

Arsenal, Spurs, City and Chelsea all winning easily enough today.
3 points a must against Fulham to keep in touch of them all.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

EC Unique

You can add UTD to that list LL.  ;D

From the Bunker

gawa316

Southend or Oldham at home in the cup

From the Bunker

Quote from: gawa316 on December 04, 2011, 04:18:07 PM
Southend or Oldham at home in the cup

League 2 or League 1 opposition!

Carmen Stateside

For tomorrow i would like to see this lineout:
                             Reina
    Johnson      Skrtel    Agger      Enrique
                            Spearing
                Henderson       Adam
Maxi                                         Bellamy
                           Suarez

gawa316

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on December 05, 2011, 01:51:33 AM
                             Reina
                            Spearing
                Henderson       Adam
                           Suarez

Yeah same here, Can't drop Bellers and Maxi the way they're playin at min. That would leave a bench of Doni, Kelly, Carra, Kuyt, Downing, Carroll & Jonjo. Plenty of opportunity to change things if needed

supersub

Surprised no one mentioned how Carra hasn't got back into the team yet! He is going to find it tough I reckon.

gawa316

Quote from: supersub on December 05, 2011, 09:22:28 AM
Surprised no one mentioned how Carra hasn't got back into the team yet! He is going to find it tough I reckon.

No real debate imo, Agger and Skrtel have been superb since Carra got injured and at present they deserve to start.

Denn Forever

Who'd have thought it this time last year (timeline sudject to their injuries or lack of) that a Liverpool team could do anything without Carragher or Gerard?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

supersub

Na I don't mean a debate I just mean the fact that the first time in his career since he has been an established first team starter, he is finding himself on the bench!

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on December 05, 2011, 01:51:33 AM
                             Reina
                            Spearing
                Henderson       Adam
                           Suarez

While I would be happy to see this team, I think this is a game where Kenny can really make a statement oof intent. Liverpool are playing well away from home and Fulham have only won once at home sonce we beat them 5-2. I would go for the juglar and not play Spearing and play big Andy instead alongside Suarez. Just go for it early on and see how they react.

junior9

At the moment our best team on form wouldn't have Andy Carroll in it.  However, the only way to build up any form is to play in a run of matches.  It's the same in any walk of life were anybody tries to improve be that work or sport or anything - sticking with it (or in this case him) is the only way.  Take his headed chances that have been close ie late on against Norwich and Man City, if he got a run of games and that kind of service; you'd like to think that he'd put them away.  Coming off the bench for 20 minutes to rescue games or get a late winner isn't the way to get the best out of him in my opinion.  However, I don't blame Kenny for not selecting him as the form of others is dictating that he shouldn't start.