The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markl121

statto

There will be a game soon where var isn't the talking point.

trailer

Endo challenge same as Rashford in fact could be worse in that he didn't have possession of the ball... and no Red Card.

VAR incredibly is more inconsistent than what referees were before it was introduced.

Who do we see about asking for a replay?

J70

Quote from: statto on November 09, 2023, 07:53:47 PMThere will be a game soon where var isn't the talking point.

Thankfully in this case it didn't really matter, unlike say, the Spurs game.

I'd be more concerned about the flatness of the performance. Two games in a row. Tsimikas would want to get a grip of himself too. Second game in that competition this season where he's been dispossessed leading to a goal.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: J70 on November 10, 2023, 10:56:03 AM
Quote from: statto on November 09, 2023, 07:53:47 PMThere will be a game soon where var isn't the talking point.

Thankfully in this case it didn't really matter, unlike say, the Spurs game.

I'd be more concerned about the flatness of the performance. Two games in a row. Tsimikas would want to get a grip of himself too. Second game in that competition this season where he's been dispossessed leading to a goal.

Frustrating with him. An opportunity with Robbo out to really push himself forward and he has not done it. He's great around the squad and all that but needs to push himself on as a genuine option

johnnycool

What are the thoughts on MacAllister?

I think he's been pretty poor so far for Liverpool, gives the ball away quite a bit with wayward passes, did the same again last night.

God14

He's been poor but he's playing out of position alot. He has been given the fabinho role of defensive enforcer, i dont believe hes that type of player.

Hound

I think 'poor' is overegging it. He's been ok, but below expectations.
A creative player is going to give the ball away as they're going for difficult passes, and he is being asked to play a deeper role than is ideal for him. But even bearing those two points in mind he definitely has been giving the ball away too much and should have more assists and chances created than he does have.

J70

Just saw the Endo foul. Definitely borderline these days, but he (and the opponent) was lucky in that he came down on the top of the foot/front of the ankle, unlike Rashford who got your man from the side of the ankle.

befair

Endo, McAllister, Gomes, Jones all all ordinary enough; squad players at best

Hound

Much better performance, with Virgil and Darwin being the best two players on the pitch.

We were down to 13 first team players (one suspension and a list of injured players) so need some of our injuries to clear up, and definitely don't need anyone added to the injury list over the international break

gawa316

Quote from: Hound on November 13, 2023, 07:48:52 AMMuch better performance, with Virgil and Darwin being the best two players on the pitch.

We were down to 13 first team players (one suspension and a list of injured players) so need some of our injuries to clear up, and definitely don't need anyone added to the injury list over the international break

Blight!

Think Klopp said Jones and Gravenberch would be back after the break and Gomez and Konate had minor injuries so hopefully back as well.

markl121

The team looks like they have changed something in training to get the players faster. Trent looks like he has slimmed down from last year musclewise and ive noticed him seemingly sprinting faster the last few games. Jota also has a new turn of pace.

Hound

Quote from: markl121 on November 13, 2023, 06:40:00 PMThe team looks like they have changed something in training to get the players faster. Trent looks like he has slimmed down from last year musclewise and ive noticed him seemingly sprinting faster the last few games. Jota also has a new turn of pace.
Dangerous comment about Trent with City up next! I would fear his relative lack of pace and other defensive frailties could be badly exposed by Doku ....