The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minus15

Spurs well off the hook there. Celebrating like they won the league

Officials have a lot to answer for. The quality of refereeing has deteriorated over the last few years. With VAR there the safety nets are there. They make the percentage decisions instead of trying to get the correct call in real time.

Jones red card harsh but understandable.
Diaz goal clearly onside. Was it even checked?
Jota first yellow not a yellow as player running and clipped his knee with his leg. But silly on the second one when he knows he's on a yellow.
Felt sorry for Matip. He was excellent all game.
Liverpool will take more from the game than Spurs will. Really enjoyable team to watch.
Liverpool 2.0. Never a dull moment.

Saffrongael

So they have admitted Diaz goal was onside

PGMOL acknowledge a significant human error occurred during the first half of Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool.

The goal by Luiz Diaz was disallowed for offside by the on-field team of match officials... 1/2"

This was a clear and obvious factual error and should have resulted in the goal being awarded through VAR intervention, however, the VAR failed to intervene.
PGMOL will conduct a full review into the circumstances which led to the error."

Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Saffrongael on September 30, 2023, 08:21:01 PMSo they have admitted Diaz goal was onside

PGMOL acknowledge a significant human error occurred during the first half of Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool.

The goal by Luiz Diaz was disallowed for offside by the on-field team of match officials... 1/2"

This was a clear and obvious factual error and should have resulted in the goal being awarded through VAR intervention, however, the VAR failed to intervene.
PGMOL will conduct a full review into the circumstances which led to the error."

Absolutely pathetic stuff. The point of the system is to avoid retrospective mea culpas. Wankers.

jcpen

Quote from: Tony Baloney on September 30, 2023, 08:24:33 PM
Quote from: Saffrongael on September 30, 2023, 08:21:01 PMSo they have admitted Diaz goal was onside

Absolutely pathetic stuff. The point of the system is to avoid retrospective mea culpas. Wankers.
Unbelievable that they can still f**k it up with all the technology, Klopp must be absolutely fuming.
NEUTRAL
ALSO NOT FROM LAOIS!

quit yo jibbajabba

Rarely get angry about this stuff now as on the scale of things it's not important.....but f**k me I'm still fuming about that. So much to fume about but the Diaz one in particular and how quick they moved on from it. Fuming I say. Away for another Stella 🤬🤣

trailer

We now must acknowledge that Utd were robbed v Arsenal.

VAR isn't working and should be completely scrapped.

RedHand88

I think the admission of error (not an apology) makes it hurt even more.

Capt Pat

You know where pgmol and the premier league can stick their apology. Replay the game. Strike out the sendings off that wouldn't otherwise have occurred if VAR had done their job.

Ridiculous stuff I may as well have wasted my time watching strictly come dancing.

screenexile

The offside was horrific but didn't see too much else wrong with the other decisions.

Twitter kicking off with Liverpool fans losing the plot. There'll be talk of the Freemasons next!!

Capt Pat

Quote from: screenexile on September 30, 2023, 09:10:00 PMThe offside was horrific but didn't see too much else wrong with the other decisions.

Yes you are right about the first sending off which was of course before the wrongly disallowed goal.

quit yo jibbajabba

From the Bunker

It was one of those days, no matter what you do it won't go your way!

J70

Quote from: trailer on September 30, 2023, 08:31:00 PMWe now must acknowledge that Utd were robbed v Arsenal.

VAR isn't working and should be completely scrapped.

What did the PGMOL say after that one?

It looked 50/50 to me at the time, unlike the Diaz one. But 50/50 should go to the attacker. I'd assumed they'd done some high tech shit behind the scenes.

But apparently they didn't actually check the Diaz one, which obviously raises questions about that United one.

J70

Quote from: screenexile on September 30, 2023, 09:10:00 PMThe offside was horrific but didn't see too much else wrong with the other decisions.

Twitter kicking off with Liverpool fans losing the plot. There'll be talk of the Freemasons next!!

Leaving aside the Twitter idiots and affect on the game, it's a shame as well because it was a world class finish by Diaz. Kane would have been well satisfied with that one.