F.A.O. Lynchbhoy - The "Little Jack Horner" of the GAA Board

Started by Evil Genius, February 01, 2009, 09:20:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nifan

Evil Genius

Quote from: lynchbhoy on February 04, 2009, 02:27:09 PM
:D
this is some laugh alright ! the 'victimised' eejit is 'taking offenc' at something and whinging about it and now equating this 'terrible treatment' to how the poor unionist/loyalists can justify their suspicion of the GAA because they might get similar 'treatment'.

no the problem is that the first (and plenty of subsequent) salvoes of vitrol have been fired by evil myles (etc etc) on frequent occasions on here (enough to get themselves banned for ott and ignorant behaviour) that have been out of order and not within normal manners or even withing the realm or acceptable internet etiquette.

the said poster has admitted to being on here to cause hassle ('stir shite') and put across his own north of ireland soccer agenda - and to try and equate the GAA to being the same kind of sectarian unit and organisation as ni soccer is.

www.wee-steps.com or some carp like that I think it was.

anyhow if any of our lads stepped out of line in a similar way with bad manners etc, then plenty on here seem to react and take them to task.
why should evil myles (and wee bunch of schoolgirl cronies that jump all in to 'defend' each other when shown up - both of which happens freq) be treated any differently.
Plenty have taken for example Tony and others to task on here,so all posters are treated the same.

as for these idle jibes about me being sectarian/bigoted etc it doesnt bother me as it aint true. People would agree that I have unusual ideas etc, but admit I am fair/honest. So it bothers me not what a self admitting troublemaker levels at me.
I take it as a compliment that my seeing through his negative campaign causes his annoyance meriting a thread dedicated to attempt to malign me.
I just take this guy's falswhoods and lies in his posts to taks , therefore his forked tongued propaganda wont be imbibed by the good denizens of the GAAboard as fact wheras it is mostly fiction.

therein lies his problem with me. He tried the same with Tony when he showed him up, similarly with Saffron sam2.
as Drumanee1 rightly points out
she doth protest too much.
and this protest has highlighted evil myles for what he really is and thus shot himself in the foot again !

Not even I could be bothered to reply to this inarticulate, ungrammatical rant, for it's pretty much total (ahem) carp, the lot of it. But I will point out that to date, not a single other poster has come out and agreed with you over your "EG = MNG" claim, not one. What does that tell you, eh?
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Main Street

Quote from: nifan on February 05, 2009, 03:39:39 PM
You are wrong Tony. EG is not mac
How can you tell the difference?
Mac wouldn't use an alibi that he doesn't understand?

Evil Genius

Quote from: Main Street on February 04, 2009, 03:48:51 PM
Quote from: Evil Genius on February 04, 2009, 11:13:22 AM
And therefore taking his attitude to its logical conclusion, anyone like Myles Na G who proclaims himself to be one of "Ussuns" (Catholic/Nationalist/Gael), but doesn't conform to the orthodoxy which the likes of Lynchbhoy and his mates would impose on everyone else, must therefore be an imposter of some sort.

Eh no
If you read the threads with your intellect and not your emotions you would have read, as I pointed out,  plenty of GAAboard members would agree with a point or two that Myles brought up.
What brings Myles up to the impostor microscope is because he used clear Unionist terminology and content in his arguments.
Many people sniffed that out, also his mask obviously slipped here and there.
He is not just presenting another side of the debate.
Whatever his background,  he now fully represents a distinct Unionist platform in regards to the GAA.

His Celtic posts have been juvenile wikiesque and I would,'t classify myself as anything more than a Celtic sympathiser.

Can you provide some examples of this "clear Unionist terminology"? That way, I suppose we might be able to deduce if that betrays unequivocably a "Unionist identity".
Though tbh, from time to time we all use phrases, language and terminology whose origins we don't appreciate. For example, I once described something as "damning with faint praise". I could have sworn that came from Shakespeare, whose works I know reasonably well. Yet someone querying it caused me to check and it turns out it's from an author, Alexander Pope, of whom I am almost entirely ignorant.

Back to you.

P.S. I've just noticed that Lynchbhoy used the phrase "the usual suspects" in a post, which I'm pretty certain was first used on this Board by me. Does that mean he's really a Unionist like me, or Jewish-American, like the originator? Or when I repeat the use of "the cavalry" (as in 'come to the rescue of'), does that mean I am betraying Reublican sympathies like those of whoever first used it? Quite honestly, such a test is about as reliable as deciding from how someone pronounces the letter "h". And what's wrong with measuring the distance between peoples eyebrows anyhow?  ::)
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: Evil Genius on February 05, 2009, 04:31:18 PM
this is some laugh alright ! the 'victimised' eejit is 'taking offenc' at something and whinging about it and now equating this 'terrible treatment' to how the poor unionist/loyalists can justify their suspicion of the GAA because they might get similar 'treatment'.

no the problem is that the first (and plenty of subsequent) salvoes of vitrol have been fired by evil myles (etc etc) on frequent occasions on here (enough to get themselves banned for ott and ignorant behaviour) that have been out of order and not within normal manners or even withing the realm or acceptable internet etiquette.

the said poster has admitted to being on here to cause hassle ('stir shite') and put across his own north of ireland soccer agenda - and to try and equate the GAA to being the same kind of sectarian unit and organisation as ni soccer is.

anyhow if any of our lads stepped out of line in a similar way with bad manners etc, then plenty on here seem to react and take them to task.
why should evil myles (and wee bunch of schoolgirl cronies that jump all in to 'defend' each other when shown up - both of which happens freq) be treated any differently.
Plenty have taken for example Tony and others to task on here,so all posters are treated the same.

as for these idle jibes about me being sectarian/bigoted etc it doesnt bother me as it aint true. People would agree that I have unusual ideas etc, but admit I am fair/honest. So it bothers me not what a self admitting troublemaker levels at me.
I take it as a compliment that my seeing through his negative campaign causes his annoyance meriting a thread dedicated to attempt to malign me.
I just take this guy's falswhoods and lies in his posts to taks , therefore his forked tongued propaganda wont be imbibed by the good denizens of the GAAboard as fact wheras it is mostly fiction.

therein lies his problem with me. He tried the same with Tony when he showed him up, similarly with Saffron sam2.
and this protest has highlighted evil myles for what he really is and thus shot himself in the foot again !

Not even I could be bothered to reply to this inarticulate, ungrammatical rant, for it's pretty much total (ahem) carp, the lot of it. But I will point out that to date, not a single other poster has come out and agreed with you over your "EG = MNG" claim, not one. What does that tell you, eh?

yet you did

Main Street

Quote from: Evil Genius on February 05, 2009, 04:42:05 PM
And therefore taking his attitude to its logical conclusion, anyone like Myles Na G who proclaims himself to be one of "Ussuns" (Catholic/Nationalist/Gael), but doesn't conform to the orthodoxy which the likes of Lynchbhoy and his mates would impose on everyone else, must therefore be an imposter of some sort.

Eh no
If you read the threads with your intellect and not your emotions you would have read, as I pointed out,  plenty of GAAboard members would agree with a point or two that Myles brought up.
What brings Myles up to the impostor microscope is because he used clear Unionist terminology and content in his arguments.
Whatever his background,  he now fully represents a distinct Unionist platform in regards to the GAA.

His Celtic posts have been juvenile wikiesque and I would,'t classify myself as anything more than a Celtic sympathiser.

Can you provide some examples of this "clear Unionist terminology"? That way, I suppose we might be able to deduce if that betrays unequivocably a "Unionist identity".
Though tbh, from time to time we all use phrases, language and terminology whose origins we don't appreciate. For example, I once described something as "damning with faint praise". I could have sworn that came from Shakespeare, whose works I know reasonably well. Yet someone querying it caused me to check and it turns out it's from an author, Alexander Pope, of whom I am almost entirely ignorant.

Back to you.
Feck off to the Warrenpoint thread and read my replies there for yourself, even those replies to yourself.

Evil Genius

Quote from: Main Street on February 05, 2009, 04:48:17 PM

Eh no

Back to you.
Feck off to the Warrenpoint thread and read my replies there for yourself, even those replies to yourself.

I've noticed you have a habit of doing this i.e. running away when challenged to back up with evidence some assertion you have made.

You are made the claim, so you must have had something in mind. Why are you now reluctant to come up with it?
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Evil Genius

Quote from: pintsofguinness on February 04, 2009, 06:32:10 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on February 04, 2009, 06:13:57 PM
Seven pages of childish nonsense.
Would ye all grow f**king up especially EG.
Nifan -I thought you had more sense than to get involved in this ráiméis.
Agree.
Eg you take this whole thing far too seriously (you have to stop with the essays btw) but Id say this thread stems more from an odd little obsession with lynchbhoy. 
No "obsession" at all. Rather, Lynchbhoy's fantasy was merely the most obvious example of something which I've noticed about this Board, namely a greater preoccupation by posters with who someone is than what they actually think. ("Playing the man, not the ball").

I started this thread with that thought in mind, giving Lynchbhoy the opportunity to back up his claim (he hasn't) and also to see what other people thought. Then when I got a flavour of their views, I posted at length what was behind my challenge to LB (see post #85).

P.S. If by "essay" you are referring to that post (#85), then I'd suggest if you can only handle short words and the simplest of grammatical constructions, you'd be better off with the Beano.
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Evil Genius

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on February 05, 2009, 10:10:36 AM
Quote from: nifan on February 05, 2009, 09:09:16 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on February 04, 2009, 06:13:57 PM
Nifan -I thought you had more sense than to get involved in this ráiméis.

Rossfan, your probably right - I should be - I guess Ive just been suspicious of Lynchbhoy since his earlier obsession with me, and the tactics he employs in his arguments. Probably let myself get sucked in.

No matter nifan maybe LB is just fond of you!, also did you notice that EG starts the thread and has pretty much let you get carried away and drag it out for 8 pages.
Now EG whilst I don't particularly agree with either MnG or you on most things (also the writing styles are very similar) I'm not really sure that your one in the same person, but the personal nature of this thread is a bit much, it's also a piss poor and boring thread.

Then why did you read it? After all, it was addressed "FAO Lynchbhoy", not you.  ???
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Myles Na G.

Eh no

Back to you.

P.S. I've just noticed that Lynchbhoy used the phrase "the usual suspects" in a post, which I'm pretty certain was first used on this Board by me. Does that mean he's really a Unionist like me, or Jewish-American, like the originator? Or when I repeat the use of "the cavalry" (as in 'come to the rescue of'), does that mean I am betraying Reublican sympathies like those of whoever first used it? Quite honestly, such a test is about as reliable as deciding from how someone pronounces the letter "h". And what's wrong with measuring the distance between peoples eyebrows anyhow?  ::)
You should keep it that way - he's a neo classical bore.

Evil Genius

Quote from: saffron sam2 on February 05, 2009, 10:55:25 AM
Sad the way this thread has turned out and it says a lot about the person who started it with his pretty conclusive evidence, cleared off and allowed it to degenerate into a petty squabbling match. Although he got a couple of fairly childish digs in before he left.
Really? It was Sunday evening when I opened the thread, the replies didn't really start until Monday morning and in particular, Lynchbhoy didn't get back until sometime after that. Since his reply(s), I have been mostly otherwise engaged, though I did make time to make one considered post (#85). If in the meantime, I declined to get involved in contributions to the thread which didn't really concern and/or interest me, so what? Besides, it's only Thursday now, and I'm ready to give the thread further attention.
I don't know if EG and Myles are one and the same, but I won't be losing any sleep over it. Both have used a phrase that I have only ever seen or heard on this board - even then it has only be used by two posters, EG and Myles.
What is that phrase?
If they are one and the same fair enough, but it takes a particular class of poster to deliberately claim to be something he's not.
But I am not the one who is claiming anything.  I'd say it takes a "certain class of poster" to conjure up such a conspiracy theory on the flimsiest of evidence, loudly (and proudly) proclaim it for all to hear, then when challenged to back it up, refuse to do so on the grounds of "Guilty until proven Innocent". (That's Lynchbhoy I'm referring to, in case you're wondering  ::))
If they are two different posters, then fair enough as well, but something rings hollow about Myles's attitude to the GAA (for one whose family were involved).
I have never claimed that MNG is anything (other than not me). If you feel his professed attitude towards the GAA etc is suspect, then take it up with him. Either way, it does not mean that he is me, anymore than he might be e.g. nifan or ChrisOWC, for example.
Should we leave it that EG and Myles are two different posters until it can be proved otherwise. And we certainly need more conclusive evidence that EG supplied here. It may have been enough to convict in one of his beloved Diplock courts, but not in the real world.
In so far as I can decipher your garbled syntax, the first two sentences appear contradictory (i.e. the normal "burden of proof" versus my need to exculpate myself). And the third sentence may seem like a clever jibe to you, but in the context of the point which you appear to be trying to make, it's actually irrelevant bollox.  
nifan should know better. Let EG continue the debate he started, you are the one who is looking bad in this thread. Even well known members of the cavalry like ChrisOWC are giving this one a bye ball.
Until Lynchbhoy and others started getting personal with him, nifan's contributions were merely of a technical nature (how one might disguise ones identity over the internet etc). Since I am a bit of a dud on such matters, I was quite happy to let him get on with dealing with that. As for the reasons behind ChrisOWC's non-participation, you'd need to ask him, since I'm not him either, strangely enough... ::)
I would also propose that the term Evil Myles becomes part of the gaaboard vocabulary, to describe someone with no interest in or knowledege of the GAA, but who tries to pass himself / herself off as an expert on everything. It would be great if, in reality, they are one and the same, but an Evil Myles persona is not a great step.
I have never claimed any knowledge of the GAA, and have rarely posted in the GAA section (although browsing it from time-to-time has increased my knowledge). As for the Non-GAA section, I don't think I'm quite alone in being someone who confines himself to this part of the Board. As for being an "expert", that's for others to determine (I don't expect I'll be too surprised - or upset - by their verdict, btw  ;)), but I do consider I know more about what Unionist thinking may be on a range of political topics than most others hereabouts. Which is ironic, considering certain hardline Republicans never hold back from telling everyone what "Themmuns" believe, even when one of "Ussuns" declares otherwise!
I also hate the way EG uses onesmallstep as his main motivation for joining this site. It is quite clear that he has no idea of the concept behind that campaign.
Perhaps I should repeat that www.onesmallstep.org is only one of the reasons I joined this Board. In that regard, there was one particular aspect of OSS which particularly intrigued me, namely the suggestion that we should try to get out of our normal "comfort zone" and into those of the 'other' community in NI. One way they proposed to achieve this was by occasionally buying a different newspaper from the one you normally do. As a variation on this, I joined a different website, that's all.
Anyhow, with respect to OSS, would you like to back up your assertion about my having "no idea" of the concept behind it? For I suspect that the real reason why you and others have derided me when I've cited it previously, is that it makes it that much harder to dismiss me as a mere stirrer, and so tell me to "Feck off back where you came from".
Bit of a bummer that one, eh?  :D
Do us all a favour and begin to realise that there are people (themmuns if you like) who have a modicum of intelligence and then you have a chance of being taken somewhat more seriously by the discerning gaaboard poster.
I wasn't aware I owed you, never mind anyone else, a "favour", for so long as I comply with the Rules of the Board, I have every bit as much right to be here as everyone else. And I have my own opinions as to which are the intelligent and discerning posters whom I would like to take me seriously, thank you very much.
Speaking of which, I wouldn't like you to be under any illusions of your own inclusion within that (select) group - I'm actually replying at length to your post in the hope that one or two others might be interested.  :D

"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Rossfan

E G - I think it's time you considered reducing the size of your carbon footprint. >:(
These marathon postings will have to stop.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Evil Genius

Quote from: T Fearon on February 05, 2009, 03:07:23 PM
I am convinced EG is the person who once visited me. He uses the same rhetorical arguments and posts in the same style etc
Just how wrong can one man be on so many topics - even when the evidence (or otherwise) is/was sitting right in front of him!  :D
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

The Watcher Pat

It is good to have people of different persuasions on the board makes for good debate...but I think this has dragged on too long!!

That post there must have took a hour to write.....
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

Evil Genius

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on February 05, 2009, 04:44:20 PM
Quote from: Evil Genius on February 05, 2009, 04:31:18 PM

yet you did

I didn't think it was a very hard distinction to grasp, but I'll spell it out for slow-learners like yourself.

Namely, I didn't actually reply to what he posted. Rather, in merely letting him him know I thought it was "carp" [sic], I took the opportunity to make a different point.
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"