The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: slow corner back on February 01, 2009, 06:50:29 PM
As said before England heroes going back to Bryan Robson et al get away with murder from the referees in England.

Is Frank Lampard not English ???
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

Good win,though I thought Rafa should have been more positive after the sending off rather than waiting till the last 6 mins to change the formation.
No question Lampard shouldn't have been sent off,and depsite what Rafa said in the post match interview it did change the game.
Was surprised to see Keane in the stands,Im not sure what that means if anything
You'll Never Walk Alone.

GalwayBayBoy

Lampard should have been sent off a couple of seasons ago when he broke Alonso's ankle with a tackle and wasn't. Karma is a cruel mistress indeed.

Now taken 10 from 12 points from the big four but those games against the likes of Stoke look like they will cost us.

slow corner back

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on February 01, 2009, 06:51:41 PM
As said before England heroes going back to Bryan Robson et al get away with murder from the referees in England.

Fair point and by all accounts he was unlucky today but that may be the exception that proves the rule, how many times have you seen Gerrard, rooney or Terry get away with murder especially mouthing at refs

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: slow corner back on February 01, 2009, 07:18:11 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on February 01, 2009, 06:51:41 PM

Fair point and by all accounts he was unlucky today but that may be the exception that proves the rule, how many times have you seen Gerrard, rooney or Terry get away with murder especially mouthing at refs

Ah I know what you meant I was only being pedantic...  :)
You definatly have a point in what your saying
You'll Never Walk Alone.

gawa316

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on February 01, 2009, 05:58:58 PM
Yet again Chelsea show they don't want to win the title. A good comeback for Liverpool  after recent performances but there's no way there's a title in them. Chelsea rolled over but it took a disgraceful red card decision to give Liverpool the momentum they required. Benitez continues to puzzle

Please explain?

Carmen Stateside

Asked whether Robbie Keane would still be at Anfield after the transfer window closes on Monday, Benitez replied: "Yes, I think so. He's here, he's our player and that's it."

milltown row

Liverpool have one of the best "difference makers" i have seen, when they need to unlock the door this man is always a factor. His appearance is not always the same in games but he is almost impossible to pick up as it almost seems as if Liverpool have an extra man. He shows no sign of slowing up after almost 25 years with liverpool.........He looks like this sometimes......

new devil

Quote from: gawa316 on February 01, 2009, 07:58:11 PM
Yet again Chelsea show they don't want to win the title. A good comeback for Liverpool  after recent performances but there's no way there's a title in them. Chelsea rolled over but it took a disgraceful red card decision to give Liverpool the momentum they required. Benitez continues to puzzle

Please explain?

Dropping Keane from the squad for 2nd sunday in a row
Waiting until 86th minute before putting on an attacking player when Chelsea were down to 10 men for the last 30mins
Dirk staying on the whole game when we was shit again

new devil

Quote from: new devil on February 01, 2009, 08:10:30 PM

Please explain?

Waiting until 86th minute before putting on an attacking player when Chelsea were down to 10 men for the last 30mins
Dirk staying on the whole game when he was shit again

RedandGreenSniper

Please explain?

Pretty much what I meant. When Lampard was sent off Liverpool should have went for the jugular but had no second striker to bring on and only brought Babel on very late on, the only attacking substitution as Benayoun for Riera was like for like. While the points ended up with Liverpool, and was deserved I guess because Chelsea were so meek but they didn't look like winning. I just think United would be a lot more gung ho in that position. They got the three points today but were lucky enough to do so
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

bingobus

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on February 01, 2009, 06:55:50 PM
Good win,though I thought Rafa should have been more positive after the sending off rather than waiting till the last 6 mins to change the formation.
No question Lampard shouldn't have been sent off,and depsite what Rafa said in the post match interview it did change the game.
Was surprised to see Keane in the stands,Im not sure what that means if anything

Think you off the mark on that one. Lampard shouldn't have walked but I'm glad to see him off. Never liked him. But don't think it changed the match, only one team looked like or appeared wanting to win the game at that stage. Chelsea hadn't a shot on goal until after the sending off. It would have been cruel not to win the game, a lack of confidence in front or goal and bad decision making, saved chelsea on occasion.

Delighted with win, would have just kept Liverpool in the hunt, while Chelsea looked a team thats been there, done it and aren't arsed to do it again.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: milltown row on February 01, 2009, 08:09:19 PM

Liverpool have one of the best "difference makers" i have seen, when they need to unlock the door this man is always a factor. His appearance is not always the same in games but he is almost impossible to pick up as it almost seems as if Liverpool have an extra man. He shows no sign of slowing up after almost 25 years with liverpool.........He looks like this sometimes......

And Liverpool fans think he's biased towards Man U.

Truth is he's just not a very good ref. Like Rob Styles.

gawa316

Liverpool won the match without Keane and there is obviously more to this than meets the eye but sure it must be rafa's fault.

Benayoun was brought on in he 74th min and babel in the 83rd so were you came up with the 86th I don't know.

That's your opinion on Kuyt i for one don't agree with it.

Now run along redandgreensniper needs his ass wiped

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: bingobus on February 01, 2009, 08:18:41 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on February 01, 2009, 06:55:50 PM

Think you off the mark on that one. Lampard shouldn't have walked but I'm glad to see him off. Never liked him. But don't think it changed the match, only one team looked like or appeared wanting to win the game at that stage. Chelsea hadn't a shot on goal until after the sending off. It would have been cruel not to win the game, a lack of confidence in front or goal and bad decision making, saved Chelsea on occasion.

Delighted with win, would have just kept Liverpool in the hunt, while Chelsea looked a team thats been there, done it and aren't arsed to do it again.

Anytime a player of the quality of Lampard is sent off it has to have a bearing on the game,yes everything you say is true regarding Liverpool being all over them etc but I doubt Rafa would have went for the jugular like he did(albeit with only a few mins to go) by changing the formation if Cheslea still had their full compliment of players..
Liverpool only scored in the 88min and he had just changed the formation a few mins before that,and up to that point apart from a Benayoun volley and Alonso hitting the crossbar with a defelected shot we didn't really create many clear cut chances
Thats not to say we wouldn't have scored if Lampard had stayed on, though we'll never know that now will we..

Anyway sure what does it matter as you say I also am delighted with the win
You'll Never Walk Alone.