The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armamike

Good old Dirk has got a bit of stick the last few days. He has fans for and against. I don't think he's any better or worse than a number of forward players Liverpool have at the moment - the likes of Penant, Reira, Keane, Babel have all failed to really impress and nail down a starting place. Going back to previous seasons we had the likes of Bellamy, Garcia, Kewell, etc who fell short.  It's frustrating that the real quality up front needed to be the very best doesn't seem to be there. Hope i'm wrong obviously.

I was lucky enough to get chatting to David Johnston on Saturday night after the Hull game - bumped into him on a night out. How we could do now with a player of his ilk to poach a few goals!
That's just, like your opinion man.

heganboy

Quote from: Armamike on December 17, 2008, 10:00:22 PM
I was lucky enough to get chatting to David Johnston on Saturday night after the Hull game - bumped into him on a night out. How we could do now with a player of his ilk to poach a few goals!
surely at 57 hes over the hill....
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Armamike

That's just, like your opinion man.

stevo-08

Quote from: corn02 on December 17, 2008, 07:18:43 PM

Coming near the end of the year and time for 2008 Liverpool supporters' thread poster of the year.

Standard has been high this year. Supersarsfields, Laoislad, Armamike have been good. Minder and Stevo-08 have been very good and BC, as usual, has been intillegent.

But for me, despite his hate of the Dirkmeister, AZ gets the nod.

Yep, has been some very good debate here at times. Add in GalwayBayBoy, Hound, J70, Gawa, Chrisowc, and of course yourself corn02, to the list above and there's been a good mix of opinions on this thread. Have to say I've enjoyed Minder constantly winding up the Man U lads, so out of pure badness my vote goes to him.

Goats Do Shave

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

heganboy

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.

Gabriel_Hurl

For his overwhelming support and admiration for Alvaro Arbeloa - I'm going with LL

full back

Reports are saying Harry is interested Pennant & Benitez wants Lennon to go the other way
Would be very suprised in Spurs let him go and would prefer if Lennon stayed at Spurs

Mind you, this is the type of player the scousers could do with 

EC Unique

Mayo4Sam

Lennon would be a great addition and getting rid of pennant at the same time, double bonus
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

corn02

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on December 18, 2008, 09:51:52 PM
Lennon would be a great addition and getting rid of pennant at the same time, double bonus

I would rather have McGeady and that is saying something. A speed merchant with little end product and even less work rate.

Minder

I read somewhere that the choice of Pennant or Lennon is akin to being asked if you would prefer a kick in the balls or a dig on the nose. . . .
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

The Real Laoislad

I for one am happy enough with getting Real Madrid,I watched them last weekend v Barca and I wasn't over impressed with them,thats not to say it's going to be easy but it could have been a worse draw
You'll Never Walk Alone.