The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corn02

Have a feeling Rafa will go 4-4-2 for this one with Alonso missing out.

stevo-08

Defenders miss Merseyside derby
Liverpool will be without defenders Fabio Aurelio and Philipp Degen for the Merseyside derby at Everton in the Premier League.

Brazilian full-back Aurelio is still struggling with an ankle problem while Degen is out for three weeks after cracking ribs in Tuesday's Carling Cup win over Crewe.

It means boss Rafael Benitez could give three players their derby debuts at Goodison Park - Robbie Keane, Andreas Dossena and Albert Riera - while he will also consider handing Daniel Agger a return after he scored in the defeat of Crewe.

Kick-off at Goodison Park is 12.45pm.

Liverpool (from): Reina, Arbeloa, Carragher, Skrtel, Hyypia, Agger, Dossena, Gerrard, Alonso, Mascherano, Babel, Benayoun, Riera, Kuyt, Keane, Torres, Lucas, Cavalieri, El Zhar, Plessis, Ngog.

Aurelio out so not full strength after all (I did realise that Degen was injured but didnt count him). Anyway, probably means that Dossena will start at LB which isnt good.

full back

stevo-08

Do you still have him on your fantasy football team full back??

There's a chance he could play but I doubt it. Rafa will want to keep a settled CB pairing for this game. And Carra & Skrtel havent done much wrong so far.

full back

Aye, have him in Sun Dream team
Doing f**king woeful at the minute
Thought he might be pushing for a place after playing during the week as well as scoring

Abble

i have him on my own fantasy team

agger has to be getting some proper football any of these days now. carragher great and all as he is can be a slight liability sometimes and its fairly obvious that agger has the more all-round game. thing is as soon as agger gets a start in there, that'll be it, he'll be a regular so someone has to lose out

no matter, hope the reds continue their good run at goodison tomorrow

stevo-08

regarding Agger, another concern is that he has only 18mths left on his contract. He also has a buy out clause which means he could buy out the remainder of his contract and go anytime. Rafa has already mentioned that he will be offered a new contract but I'd like to see him get more gametime sooner rather than later.

Unfortunately for Agger (and also for the fantasy teams of full back & Abble  ;)), it may take an injury to one off arbeloa/carra/skrtel before he gets a real chance to shine...

full back

Quote from: stevo-08 on September 26, 2008, 02:10:28 PM
Unfortunately for Agger (and also for the fantasy teams of full back & Abble  ;)), it may take an injury to one off arbeloa/carra/skrtel before he gets a real chance to shine...

No dis-respect to any of the 3 but I hope to fcuk they hurry up & get injured.........was depending on that cnut Agger to get me a load of points

brokencrossbar1

I know he is a CB but would there be merit in having a look at him in LB.  He is a great ball player, quick and good in the tackle.  He may be an option.

stevo-08

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on September 26, 2008, 02:13:44 PM
I know he is a CB but would there be merit in having a look at him in LB.  He is a great ball player, quick and good in the tackle.  He may be an option.

Indeed. Or even putting Carra at RB and arbeloa at LB, with Skrtel & Agger in CB positions. Not convinced about Dossena at this early stage and would worry about the Derby match tomorrow.

Either way, a back line consisting of Carra, Agger & Skrtel is fairly intimidating.

corn02

Sort of with you Stevo.

We have three superb defenders for two positions. I wouldn't be adverse to getting all three in.

ExiledGael

Babel might be busy promoting his new music career. This is actually genuine.

By Dan Silver
You might think that Liverpool players would think twice about rapping in public following their abysmal 1988 FA Cup final single 'The Anfield Rap' – not to mention John Barnes' excruciating cameo on New Order's 'World In Motion'.
It's a shame nobody told Ryan Babel, then. The Dutchman might be a hit on the pitch – see his winner against Manchester United last weekend for proof – but he's not exactly Jay-Z on the mic, as this clip of a freestyle session recorded for Dutch radio station 101Barz proves.
Ryan's rapping in Dutch, which means you might not catch cutting edge lyrics like "no caviar for us, Surinamers eat chicken' and "I can't even spend all my money/
Keep your daughter in sight or you will be my family", so thankfully we've included a translation below.
Warning: this contains some very bad language. And some even worse rapping...

Translation:
Rapping is my hobby
Rappers don't want trouble
I'm the Liverpool star those bitches are loving
I know what time it is - I've just bought a new watch
I'll give you a punchline: eight seconds, you'll be knocked down
Towel in the ring
My family in the V.I.P
No caviar for us, Surinamers eat chicken
Ya'll know nothing: this is the Premier League
Representing the G
You can see this n***a with number 19
Ya'll can f*** off, I f*** with a whole team
Ya'll can talk, but you don't get anything with it
Ya'll can't be like me, my status is too high
If rappers come to close, I have to take space
People watch YouTube to learn my actions
I have those skills, try some tricks
I was a poor n***a
Now I make f***ing money
I went from the Euro to the English pound
I put money in my pocket, now I spend money on nothing
I like it this way, I'm sure you like it
If somebody want beef, well come on
I like it with some pepper, homie
I'm sure in my life
Give me the f***ing ball, you lose both legs
And now my competition is past
If you hate me because of that, I say you're right
If I was you, I would hate me too
I have the s**t homie
I can't even spend all my money
Keep your daughter in sight. or you will be my family
I'll take your daughter and let her make clean
101 Barz - this is the first time but I came hard!
I came alone, I don't have a back-up
I came because I mean it
Check it

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: stevo-08 on September 26, 2008, 02:52:17 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on September 26, 2008, 02:13:44 PM
I know he is a CB but would there be merit in having a look at him in LB.  He is a great ball player, quick and good in the tackle.  He may be an option.

Indeed. Or even putting Carra at RB and arbeloa at LB, with Skrtel & Agger in CB positions. Not convinced about Dossena at this early stage and would worry about the Derby match tomorrow.

Either way, a back line consisting of Carra, Agger & Skrtel is fairly intimidating.

I think that for the game tomorrow there would be no fear in playing Carra right back anyway.  they have no real speed merchants on the wing but are very good in the air, particulalry at set plays.  There would need to be as many big bodies around the box as possible.  Arbeloa could play LB, but I actually think Dossena may have a big game tomorrow.  I think this kind of game may just suit him.

If he goes for 4-4-2 to keept it compact I would like to see

reina

Carra,Skertel, Agger, Dossena

Gerard,Masch, Alonso, Riera

Torres,Keane.

We know he won't play that team as his dutch love child will play not matter what, so fcuk knows how they'll line out!

stevo-08

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on September 26, 2008, 05:13:43 PM

We know he won't play that team as his dutch love child will play not matter what, so fcuk knows how they'll line out!

thats brilliant. :D :D :D
sums it up perfectly actually.

EC Unique

Quote from: ExiledGael on September 26, 2008, 03:45:12 PM
Babel might be busy promoting his new music career. This is actually genuine.

By Dan Silver
You might think that Liverpool players would think twice about rapping in public following their abysmal 1988 FA Cup final single 'The Anfield Rap' – not to mention John Barnes' excruciating cameo on New Order's 'World In Motion'.
It's a shame nobody told Ryan Babel, then. The Dutchman might be a hit on the pitch – see his winner against Manchester United last weekend for proof – but he's not exactly Jay-Z on the mic, as this clip of a freestyle session recorded for Dutch radio station 101Barz proves.
Ryan's rapping in Dutch, which means you might not catch cutting edge lyrics like "no caviar for us, Surinamers eat chicken' and "I can't even spend all my money/
Keep your daughter in sight or you will be my family", so thankfully we've included a translation below.
Warning: this contains some very bad language. And some even worse rapping...

Translation:
Rapping is my hobby
Rappers don't want trouble
I'm the Liverpool star those bitches are loving
I know what time it is - I've just bought a new watch
I'll give you a punchline: eight seconds, you'll be knocked down
Towel in the ring
My family in the V.I.P
No caviar for us, Surinamers eat chicken
Ya'll know nothing: this is the Premier League
Representing the G
You can see this n***a with number 19
Ya'll can f*** off, I f*** with a whole team
Ya'll can talk, but you don't get anything with it
Ya'll can't be like me, my status is too high
If rappers come to close, I have to take space
People watch YouTube to learn my actions
I have those skills, try some tricks
I was a poor n***a
Now I make f***ing money
I went from the Euro to the English pound
I put money in my pocket, now I spend money on nothing
I like it this way, I'm sure you like it
If somebody want beef, well come on
I like it with some pepper, homie
I'm sure in my life
Give me the f***ing ball, you lose both legs
And now my competition is past
If you hate me because of that, I say you're right
If I was you, I would hate me too
I have the s**t homie
I can't even spend all my money
Keep your daughter in sight. or you will be my family
I'll take your daughter and let her make clean
101 Barz - this is the first time but I came hard!
I came alone, I don't have a back-up
I came because I mean it
Check it

:o :o :-X  Words can not describe how much of a w**ker!!