The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrisowc

it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

Chrisowc

gawa316

FermGael

Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

Chrisowc

Quote from: FermGael on August 08, 2008, 10:05:07 PM
The pony tailed wonder.  1-0

£6m? Cheap at half the price ;D

Always wondered what that mean't :-\

The Real Laoislad

Cracking goal,Still would sell him for a packet of Tayto and a bottle of Fanta though
You'll Never Walk Alone.

FermGael

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on August 08, 2008, 10:16:31 PM

Cracking goal,Still would sell him for a packet of Tayto and a bottle of Fanta though
Nope it would have to be a club orange LL

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: FermGael on August 08, 2008, 10:23:45 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on August 08, 2008, 10:16:31 PM

Nope it would have to be a club orange LL

I dunno is he worth a Club orange??

I would say apart from the Mash and Stevie G that was fairly close to the starting 11 tonight.
Benayoun has impressed me in the games i have seen and i believe he will be a more regular starter this year.I hope Keane scores soon just to get going,I know its only the end of pre-season but it would be good so as not to have another situation like Crouchie when he arrived first,the longer it goes without scoring the harder it will get...
Still unsure about Dossena,he looks good at times but i'm not 100% convinced of him yet,Too be honest i like Insua and wouldn't mind seeing more of him...
Btw that fella Spearing looks about 12!
You'll Never Walk Alone.

FermGael

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on August 08, 2008, 10:30:51 PM

I dunno is he worth a Club orange??

I would say apart from the Mash and Stevie G that was fairly close to the starting 11 tonight.
Benayoun has impressed me in the games i have seen and i believe he will be a more regular starter this year.I hope Keane scores soon just to get going,I know its only the end of pre-season but it would be good so as not to have another situation like Crouchie when he arrived first,the longer it goes without scoring the harder it will get...
Still unsure about Dossena,he looks good at times but i'm not 100% convinced of him yet,Too be honest i like Insua and wouldn't mind seeing more of him...
Btw that fella Spearing looks about 12!

After that Finish.  No doubt
Watched the second half and Alonso contolled the game.  We cannot let him go.
As regards the Barry deal, it looks like the Americans have serious concerns about the deal.  Basically saying that he is over priced and there will be very little sell on value after he does 4 years at the club.  Valid points IMO and Alonso seems to be fighting to stay at the club. With Gerrard, Alonso, Mas, Lucas and Plessis in the squad we have plenty of cover in the middle.  We really could do with a right winger

gawa316

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on August 08, 2008, 10:30:51 PM
[Btw that fella Spearing looks about 12!

yeah he does look like a right wee scally but of what I've seen of him in pre-season he seems pretty assured. He's got bite in the tackled, can spray the ball around, energetic and hasn't a pretty decent shot. It's just a pity he has Gerrard, Alonso, Masch, Lucas, Plessis and possibly Barry in front of him. Would like to see him go out on loan to a promotion chasing championship side like Reading to get a bit of experience

J70

Apparently Voronin took a lot of abuse and was actually booed by some of the Anfield crowd tonight. Utter disgrace if it was true and nice to see him score and tell them to be quiet.

FermGael

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/aston_villa/7550766.stm

Benitez drops strong Barry hint

Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez has indicated that Aston Villa midfielder Gareth Barry remains a serious target.

Benitez refused to name the England midfielder but would not say that the long-running transfer saga was over.

Villa boss Martin O'Neill conceded last week that his captain might leave but reports have suggested that a proposed fee of £18m was the sticking point.

"The situation is not a question of money," said Benitez after Liverpool beat Lazio 1-0 in a friendly on Friday.

"He is English and can play three different positions, but I am talking about someone who can play on the left."

I am talking about one player, but I won't say the name

Barry, 27, can play central midfield, on the left and left-back.

Xabi Alonso had long been expected to make way for the Englishman but he now looks set to stay at Anfield.

"We have a good player (Alonso) and we have another good player coming in soon.

"We can improve the squad, so we will try to do that. We will bring in one more player if we can.

"I do not know when. But clearly we have problems on the left, Kewell has gone, Aurelio is injured and Leto cannot get a work permit.

"Babel is away in the Olympic Games. Maybe he can come back and fill that role, but I know we can improve in this area.

"Who comes in? It could be another left-sided player rather than a central midfielder.

"Maybe he can play in three different positions, that is a positive thing. I am talking about one player, but I won't say the name."

FermGael

Quote from: J70 on August 08, 2008, 11:50:18 PM
Apparently Voronin took a lot of abuse and was actually booed by some of the Anfield crowd tonight. Utter disgrace if it was true and nice to see him score and tell them to be quiet.

out of order.  Was wondering what the finger on the lips celebration was about

Yes I Would

Missed the friggin goal. No call for the booing.
Again he tries his best, but just lacks the quality. and a feckin hair cut would do him no harm either

The Real Laoislad

Totally out of order if thats true,I can't stand booing let alone at your own player..
I didn't hear it myself as i was constantly flicking between the Golf and the match
You'll Never Walk Alone.