The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabriel_Hurl

stiff breeze

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on May 06, 2008, 04:39:44 PM
Plans for the new stadium have been approved by the city council

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/merseyside/7385026.stm
all we need now is some1 to put the money up to build it!!

Minus15

Quote from: stevo-08 on May 06, 2008, 04:33:48 PM
Quote from: thewingedlady on May 06, 2008, 04:17:32 PM
Yer gonna hate me stevo but Riedle never played either

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/archive/edition=76/results/matches/match=27/report.html

Still, Diarra, Ziege and Hamann, i'll enjoy asking the lads that one.

For jaysus sake, there was me thinking I was really smart coming on here with a good quiz question. Should've confirmed the answers before going out against ye experts. I should probably count myself lucky that 3 of them were right!!

Anyway, I think the answers might still stand if you say 5 world cup winners rather than played in a world cup final.

Cue "thewingedlady" with a link that contradicts me again...

Couldn't really do that either because the three players who actually played finished on the losing side! sorry

corn02

Big Crouch was in Banbridge today, nice fellah. Massive, massive crowds out to see him.

fred the red

Quote from: corn02 on May 06, 2008, 10:42:37 PM
Big Crouch was in Banbridge today, nice fellah. Massive, massive crowds out to see him.

what was he doing there?

corn02

Opening a new department in Donaghy's, they had to close the door there was so many. Hundreds didn't get the chance it was that crazy.

stiff breeze

Quote from: fred the red on May 06, 2008, 10:43:24 PM
Quote from: corn02 on May 06, 2008, 10:42:37 PM

what was he doing there?

he was doing his medical at newry city and called in to buy new boots on his way to the airport.

stiff breeze

Any opinions on the new stadium plans?

gawa316

Football365:
"Kewell will leave the club at the end of his contract." Rafa

Happy f**king days!!!!!!!

It is believed that Kewell has rejected a new deal on reduced wages.

If true, where does this **** get off rejecting reduced wages? >:(

Minder

Great news,the club canteen may go out of business though
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

stiff breeze

kewell should be paid when he plays. delighted to see the back of him though, wee p***k

brokencrossbar1

Word that Sammy Lee may be coming back to the club to replace Alex Miller as first team coach.  Would be a decent enough appointment,if it happens , though I wouldn't mind seeing Gary Mac being coaxed back.  I think he would be very good for rafa as he would take a lot of the slack off him from the press and would have great respect around the club.

So Crouch us staying, as no one will pay £15million for him.  Send Vorinin to WBA with a few million as well as a pay off to take him. 

With Rikjaard gone now at Barca does anyone think that there may be a few to pick from there?  If I was Rafa I would concentrate on gathering £50m and testing for Messi.  Get rid of a few players and forget Barry.  1 serious match winner could be all that is needed.

Minus15

Gary Mac a great shout, would be very welcome

Minder

Quote from: Minus15 on May 08, 2008, 10:54:56 PM
Gary Mac a great shout, would be very welcome

I doubt if he would go, especially if Leeds get promoted this year.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Yes I Would

Newcastle are probably the only club at the minute who will be forking out 15 million for Crouchy. Would be sad to see the big fella go as he has always done a decent job for us and is def alot more than a one trick pony. Although if he is gonna be warming his rear on the bench next season, better to take the dosh and spend it wisely!!

Had almost forgotten we still had old Harry!! At least physio bills should be reduced considerably next year as a result!!  A wasted talent in many ways, cos he had the ability!!