The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Quote from: full back on April 04, 2008, 12:26:13 PM
I'm starting to see a bit of a connection between Ronaldo & Torres in regards to going missing against the top teams...

If Torres is still going "missing" in 3 or 4 years time i would be worried, its not really a fair comparison as Ronaldo has been doing it for a while now.......
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

stevo-08

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on April 04, 2008, 12:39:22 PM
Tomorrow's game, hopefully he'll rest players and given what his squad availabiltiy is I hope he rotates like mad and plays this team

Reina
Finnan, Skertl, Arbeloa,Riise
Pennant,Lucas,Alonso,Yossi
Crouch,Vorinin

Probably would lose but may scrape a draw.

with masch suspended, a bit of a cushion in 4th place & the cl game next week, i'd say you could get 10,000/1 on picking rafa's team tomorrow. for what it's worth I think it'll be very similar to the above with maybe arbeloa at rb & carra at cb. voronin should be given one job - hack the living daylights out of fabregas, hleb & flamini  :D :D

Minder

I would actually play with 10 players and go without Voronin and just drive a concrete post into the ground, hopefully some of the Arsenal players would run into it......

nrico2006

Sorry, Inter have been doing well in Europe and dominating Italy for years - they even have the ace in the pack Ibrahimovic!
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Minder

Quote from: nrico2006 on April 04, 2008, 02:08:14 PM
Sorry, Inter have been doing well in Europe and dominating Italy for years - they even have the ace in the pack Ibrahimovic!

Inter are similar to United, strong domestically, where they feast on the chaff but struggle against top European opposition....Isnt that right Nrico/ Commando?

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: nrico2006 on April 04, 2008, 12:10:25 PM
QuoteHe was also very unlucky not to score against man u at anfield.

??? Like the Old Trafford game he was no threat.  The only chance he got at Anfield was down to VDS flapping.  His goals return is good at Anfield against the weaker teams, all I'm saying for the money spent you would expect him to be at least threatening teams like United, Chelsea and Arsenal.

ffs he has already scored against Chelsea and in the derby and in the other games no striker is going to be able to score unless he gets the service and in those games the service he got was almost non-existant.

Dear oh dear. Quit trolling.

nrico2006

QuoteIf Torres is still going "missing" in 3 or 4 years time i would be worried, its not really a fair comparison as Ronaldo has been doing it for a while now.......

Matrix, quite different when Ronaldo entered the premier league as a teenager and was just finding his feet in senior football, whereas Torres is older than Ronaldo and has experienced both European and International football previously.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Gabriel_Hurl

EC Unique

Ronaldo IS the best midfielder (and in my mind the best player) in the premiership...... Torres is coming close (if not already) the best striker in the premiership. Any right thinking Liverpool fan would love to have Ronaldo in their team as would any right thinking UTD fan love to see Torres play for the Premiership Champions.  It really is that simple and we should just enjoy them for the fantastic talents that they BOTH are..

Mentalman

Quote from: EC Unique on April 04, 2008, 03:03:11 PM
Ronaldo IS the best midfielder (and in my mind the best player) in the premiership...... Torres is coming close (if not already) the best striker in the premiership. Any right thinking Liverpool fan would love to have Ronaldo in their team as would any right thinking UTD fan love to see Torres play for the Premiership Champions.  It really is that simple and we should just enjoy them for the fantastic talents that they BOTH are..

Feck me, sense has finally broken out! I'd agree wholeheartedly.
"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

nrico2006

Uladh

Gabriel_Hurl

you'll not get many bites at this hour