The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abble

liverpool to hold them tonight and take them apart (ok, finish the job!) at anfield.

does anyone think arsenal are a bit overrated ? a lot is being made of how they killed off milan but this ac milan team were not good and have not being doing well all season and ok, we beat 10 man inter and as usual we still take a pasting of criticism from all and sundry in the tv, media etc....i think if we can get a goal tonight the ball is in our court then for anfield...GO ON RAFA, do the business again !!

Mentalman

Quote from: EC Unique on April 02, 2008, 03:45:02 PM
Quote from: Mentalman on April 02, 2008, 03:39:42 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on April 02, 2008, 03:35:06 PM
Well lads how are the nerves before tonights big game? Im going for 2-1 Arsenal which I think would not be a bad result for Liverpool. ;)

"Chumps Speicial" for the 'Pool - i.e. nil all away from home

PS You must be one of the most prolific contributors on the Liverpool thread? Especially for a non fan.

I just enjoy the craic on here. As Im sure you know Im a Utd fan and there a fair few non Utd fans post plenty on there!!

Ah yeah, no harm in it, but you are more prolific than even most Liverpool fans!
"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

Minder

No harm EC Unique, i do enjoy an occasional foray into the Manchester United thread......
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

GalwayBayBoy

Well lads how are the nerves before tonights big game? Im going for 2-1 Arsenal which I think would not be a bad result for Liverpool. ;)

PS You must be one of the most prolific contributors on the Liverpool thread? Especially for a non fan.

I just enjoy the craic on here. As Im sure you know Im a Utd fan and there a fair few non Utd fans post plenty on there!!

Some of them post on here more often that they do on the United thread. ;D

Mentalman

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on April 02, 2008, 04:05:31 PM

Some of them post on here more often that they do on the United thread. ;D

Exactly. That's just unhealthy  :)

Mentalman

Quote from: Abble on April 02, 2008, 03:45:47 PM
liverpool to hold them tonight and take them apart (ok, finish the job!) at anfield.

does anyone think arsenal are a bit overrated ? a lot is being made of how they killed off milan but this ac milan team were not good and have not being doing well all season and ok, we beat 10 man inter and as usual we still take a pasting of criticism from all and sundry in the tv, media etc....i think if we can get a goal tonight the ball is in our court then for anfield...GO ON RAFA, do the business again !!

Thought I posted this already, must be having a dose of the reversals, but it was the same AC side that beat Liverpool in the final last year - decline is all relative? Plus I think they were the first British side to beat AC in the San Siro. Not bad all in all, but not exactly the Miracle of Bern either :)

Old Bill

good luck to the pool tonite.  as a yid im a honourary pool man for the nite!

GalwayBayBoy

Any ideas on the team for tonight. Presumably it'll be something like

Reina

Carra  Sami  Skrtel  Riise

Mascherano  Alonso

Kuyt  Gerrard  Babel

Torres

AZOffaly

I'd say that's the team alright, or close to it. Aurelio might play instead of Riise, and perhaps Arbeloa instead of Hypia, moving Carra to centre back, but other than that I'd say that's it.

I'm not confident, but I never am, being one of nature's pessimists. Liverpool must score in my mind, and if they don't I fear they are out. Even a 0-0 would be a bad result for me. Any combination of a score draw, or very narrow scoring defeat would be a decent result. Obviously  a win would be brilliant, however unlikely.

stiffler

GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

AZOffaly

lAh. You're a Liverpool fan? That explains your post on the Man Utd thread. Apologies for disrupting your mind games :D

stiffler

Na, no mind games AZ, in my mind its Utds champions league to loose this year, doesnt mean i want it to happen!!

heganboy

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

stiffler

Liverpool Line up:

Reina
Aurelio
Hyypia
Skrtel
Carragher
Mascherano
Alonso
Babel
Gerrard
Kuyt
Torres

Subs:

Itandje
Riise
Voronin
Benayoun
Crouch
Arbeloa
Lucas

Minder

Personally i would have played Crouch and Voronin up front with Riise playing in behind the two strikers unleashing that deadly accurate left foot of his . . . . .
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"