The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Speaking of tailing off, I remember one of those seasons in the early 80s (82-83?) when Liverpool won the title with seven games left. They took two points from their final seven matches and still won it by more than 10 points!

new devil

Farrandeelin

Now, now devil, poor minder etc will prob come on our thread and call you everything under the sun but you don't mind do you? Poor Liverpool.  ;D ;D ;D
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

DirtyDozen12

Totally gutted watching the match today, horrific to watch if your a liverpool man.  What has annoyed me so much is having watched the 2 games this season against the scum, Torres has been kicked around the park by Ferdinand and Vidic with no protection whatsoever from the referees (to be expected, its united after all)  but more worringly from his Liverpool team-mates.   I think the 2 central defenders have adopted the physical approach with Torres this season which is fair enough and to be expected, but i would like to see the Liverpool defenders doing the same on the likes of Rooney (was outstanding today i though by the way).  I thought the central defence of Liverpool was all over the place, they where caught out 3 or 4 times with simple long balls over the top and did not look comfortable all day in anything they done.  As much as i like Carragher, i think he is starting to slow and is not the dominate force he once was at the back.  To me its looks like Agger, when he is back, will partner Skertal as we need to build for the future.
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

corn02

Really? I don't think Torres got any bad treatment at all yesterday, Vidic made some great tackles on him but all looked fair to me.

Masch should never of been sent off. If that was the way referees act then Terry or Rooney would never have finished a match. Having said that he was like a grumpy bollix yesterday and would of been sent off at some stage.

I actually thought we played well before they scored and even at 1-0 we were doing ok. Rooney is not clinical for me, the fact that he creates ten chances for himself is what keeps him in the world class bracket.

Referee made a disgraceful decision that ruined the game.

pedro

Quote from: DirtyDozen12 on March 23, 2008, 07:04:04 PM
I thought the central defence of Liverpool was all over the place, they where caught out 3 or 4 times with simple long balls over the top and did not look comfortable all day in anything they done.  As much as i like Carragher, i think he is starting to slow and is not the dominate force he once was at the back.  To me its looks like Agger, when he is back, will partner Skertal as we need to build for the future.

I agree, DD12. Carragher, I thought, had a mare and think his performances are beginning to tail off, very worrying, particularly in the absence of Agger. Rooney, however, would cause problems for most defences and only for Reina would have had a hatful.

I'm not sure if I would subscribe to the idea that Torres was kicked around the place by Ferd/Vidic. I just thought lumping balls up to Torres, on his own against a quality defence, was crazy. He got no help whatsoever and I think Crouch could have helped him. The sending off didn't allow Rafa to bring him on though.

Although the sending off (and Torres' yellow) were harsh, I think it was important to note that the referees were going to cut down on backchat considering what happened with Ashley Cole. Saying that, how many times can Rooney get away with telling the ref to f*uck off and not get a yellow??
St. Patricks GFC - Louth SFC Champions 2003, 2004, 2007, 2011, 2012, 2014 & 2015

stevo-08

Quote from: corn02 on March 24, 2008, 01:18:28 PM
Really? I don't think Torres got any bad treatment at all yesterday, Vidic made some great tackles on him but all looked fair to me.

Masch should never of been sent off. If that was the way referees act then Terry or Rooney would never have finished a match. Having said that he was like a grumpy bollix yesterday and would of been sent off at some stage.

I actually thought we played well before they scored and even at 1-0 we were doing ok. Rooney is not clinical for me, the fact that he creates ten chances for himself is what keeps him in the world class bracket.

Referee made a disgraceful decision that ruined the game.

Dont know what the f**k was up with masch yesterday. He seemed to have the head lost from the first minute. And he should have known how the ref was going to act after the ashley cole incident. The first yellow should have been a wake up call for him. On saying all that, the ref dished out 2 yellows in the space of 30 secs for dissent. Thats more than has been given to some of the loud mouths in chelsea all season, so masch can feel a bit hard done by. I dont necessarily agree it was a disgraceful decision though.

Thought we started alright yesterday but slowly man u started to take control - it may have been a gift of a goal but it was coming. Reina, Carra & Gerrard seemed to be asleep for most of the first half and we just allowed utd take the initiative. Have rarely seen a liverpool team so lethargic. At 1-0 down we were still in it but the sending off ended the game. The 2nd half isnt a fair reflection on the differences between the 2 teams but for me, the first half once again proved that we are 2-3 top players away from competing with the top teams.

important to win the derby next week and get some confidence back before the 3 arse games.

pintsofguinness

QuoteMasch should never of been sent off. If that was the way referees act then Terry or Rooney would never have finished a match. Having said that he was like a grumpy bollix yesterday and would of been sent off at some stage.

How can anyone say he shouldn't have been sent off?  Was the ref suppose to put up with the grinning p***k in his face all day?  He was on a yellow and ran 20 yards to give out to a referee that was after awarding a free kick to his team?  WHY? and that's not even considering what he was at before that. I think the ref would have been forgiven for decking the stupid bollocks.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: pintsofguinness on March 24, 2008, 02:00:08 PM
He was on a yellow and ran 20 yards to give out to a referee that was after awarding a free kick to his team?

Only he didn't - he rushed over after he seen Torres getting booked

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on March 24, 2008, 02:15:46 PM
He was on a yellow and ran 20 yards to give out to a referee that was after awarding a free kick to his team?

What's the difference?

stevo-08

Quote from: pintsofguinness on March 24, 2008, 02:18:46 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on March 24, 2008, 02:15:46 PM

What's the difference?

The difference is that it was a crazy decision to book torres. If everyone got booked for doing what torres did, most lge games would end up 5 asides. Thats why masch lost the head. Not because of the free kick, like you said.

Quote from: hardstation on March 24, 2008, 01:58:49 PM
His second yellow was nothing to do with 2 yellows in 30 seconds. His second yellow was for acting the dick for 30 minutes. What a whinging cnut. How many times did he rush over to slabber with the ref?
And that's after he was booked (I see Rafa claiming that wasn't a booking........ :-\). Sorry lads, you can have no complaints about that.

Im not complaining about masch's sending off. he deserved to go for sheer stupidity alone. But a bit of consistency by referees isnt much to ask for? FFS it was man u v 'pool, of course there was going to be some agro. so in that context, 2 yellows in 30secs for dissent is ridiculous. Jaysus, before yesterdays game Liverpool had the best disciplinary record in the PL.

pintsofguinness

QuoteThe difference is that it was a crazy decision to book torres. If everyone got booked for doing what torres did, most lge games would end up 5 asides. Thats why masch lost the head. Not because of the free kick, like you said.
Neither Torres or Masch had reason to start yappng, liverpool were after getting their free kick.  Masch was acting the w**ker long before that too.

full back

Masch deserved to go yesterday. If he hadnt been sent off when he was he would have gone shortly after. After he got booked he gave away two frees as well as mouthing off at every opportunity.
If the ref had done his job correctly Torres would have gone for the late tackle on Vidic.

Yesterday showed the gulf in class between Utd & the scousers.
liverpool still have a long way to go before they even consider breaking into the top 3 ;)

superblues

agree with you full back torres should have went

GalwayBayBoy

QuoteMasch should never of been sent off. If that was the way referees act then Terry or Rooney would never have finished a match. Having said that he was like a grumpy bollix yesterday and would of been sent off at some stage.

How can anyone say he shouldn't have been sent off?  Was the ref suppose to put up with the grinning p***k in his face all day?  He was on a yellow and ran 20 yards to give out to a referee that was after awarding a free kick to his team?  WHY? and that's not even considering what he was at before that. I think the ref would have been forgiven for decking the stupid bollocks.

He wasn't complaining about the free-kick. He asked Bennett "what was that for?" after he booked Torres for getting hacked down for the 4th time in 20 minutes.

Masch was mouting off quite a bit although nothing you don't see players doing in many games and getting away with it. In fact when he came over to Bennett after he booked Torres he was actually quite placid. He wasn't aggressive or anything. He asked why was Torres getting booked and Bennett straight away got the yellow card out again. Masch was stupid as Bennett was itching to make an example of someone after the Ashley Cole incident where he was the 4th official. After watching Torres get kicked up and down the park the entire first half he lost it when he saw Bennett book Torres for asking for some protection. he'll know better next time. Hopefully.