The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

I take it that is from the Times and not the "indo" ?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

AZOffaly

I think the point is the indo reprint a lot of their material from the Times' columnists.

Here you go...

QuoteBy contrast, Gillett's son, Foster, who was initially dispatched to Merseyside to liaise between Benitez and the owners, has spent the past month in Montreal, apparently with no plans to return. Benitez has attempted to build bridges with Hicks in the meantime, but now it seems that power at Anfield is about to be transferred to Dubai. (© The Times, London)

The Times' journalists are the only ones worth reading a lot of the time.

An Fear Rua

Where were all these protests when they first came in ? its not as if there wasnt enough evidence of what would happen just up the road , but instead they kissed ass
Its Grim up North

stevo-08

ah ok, i missed that point.  :-[

would never read the indo myself but someone at work had the paper and i just spotted the article. anyway, just looked at the times online and exact same article there too...

AZOffaly

In fairness AFR, they came in and said they were not following the Glazier model. Of course they turned around and did exactly that, but the most you could say is that the Liverpool fans were desperate for an infusion of money to the club, and totally naive. Then Hicks and Gillete did a complete second hand carsalesmans job on selling themselves, and it was music to our ears.

There is always the danger when you are desperate for a quick fix that you get stung, and that's what seems to have happened here. DIC seem to be much more cautious, which will be unpopular initially, but probably long term is far more stable.

An Fear Rua

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 26, 2008, 02:49:14 PM
In fairness AFR, they came in and said they were not following the Glazier model.

No they didnt, they came in and said that they wouldnt do what the glazers were doing wrt avoiding talking to the fans, They freely admitted that they were doing exactly what the glazers were doing money wise and that exactly the same model was used  to buy weetabix. 
Funny I didnt see many stars and stripes at anfield this year... :P
Its Grim up North

AZOffaly

Initially they said they would not use the club to secure debt for the new stadium. They stuck to that line for a long time.

An Fear Rua

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 26, 2008, 02:54:35 PM
Initially they said they would not use the club to secure debt for the new stadium. They stuck to that line for a long time.

And they also said that they were using the fans money to buy the club for them!!
The guy was practically bragging about a couple of months in.

http://football.guardian.co.uk/championsleague200607/story/0,,2085147,00.html

Its Grim up North

AZOffaly

Minder

An Fear Rua.....Where are all the protests and burning of season tickets outside Salford Stadium, or does success make people forget?

An Fear Rua

dont understand what?
debt for a new stadium, is one piece of the club and the business model.

At the end of the day they borrowed a load of money, told everyone that they did it and that the punters would be paying back their loan for them, and everyone cheered.
Its Grim up North

An Fear Rua

Quote from: Minder on February 26, 2008, 03:03:36 PM
An Fear Rua.....Where are all the protests and burning of season tickets outside Salford Stadium, or does success make people forget?

come back when your ready to join in
Its Grim up North

AZOffaly

Quote from: An Fear Rua on February 26, 2008, 03:05:10 PM
dont understand what?
debt for a new stadium, is one piece of the club and the business model.

At the end of the day they borrowed a load of money, told everyone that they did it and that the punters would be paying back their loan for them, and everyone cheered.

You added in the link after I said I didn't understand. He made those comments in May, after they had taken over. I don't think anyone cheered then. That was the beginnings of the grumbling.

Minder

Quote from: An Fear Rua on February 26, 2008, 03:05:34 PM
Quote from: Minder on February 26, 2008, 03:03:36 PM

come back when your ready to join in

If you are not willing to answer the question that is fine.