The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Does this copper-fasten the Mascherano deal now? What's €11million in the Queen's money?

Mentalman

Alright his distribution wasn't the best, but in Sissoko's first season he got through an animal amount of work. It's only this year his short comings have been exposed, but I put that down to lack of game time and the ensuing lack of confidence - leading to that performance against Marseille (I still blame Benitez for that night, he showed a complete lack of respect for the opposition). Benitez thought enough of the guy to, first of all, "steal" him from Auxurre, then give him 30 games in a La Liga & Eufa cup winning season, often ahead of Aimar. Not only that he stole him again from under the noses of the toffees. And now Claudio Ranieri is willing to shell out serious deniro for him after managing him briefly at Valencia. All that and he's only 23. I'll be sorry to see him ago, that first season I couldn't believe he wasn't at least nominated for young player of the year, even if Rooney or Ronaldo were always destined to win it. I suppose the logic is that this sale gives him an out, and Liverpool the money for Mascherano. To be honest, and I know this is not a widely held view, on the defensive side of things there has been nothing between the two in my opinion, both excellent, but unfortunately there also has been nothing between them passing and going forward - Javier has been a severe disappointment to me. Even stranger is I don't think it's down to him, as Alonso is suffering from the same malaise, and both of these guys can play, as we see when they turn out for their countries. So good luck to Momo, and I hope Liverpool don't regret it some day.  
"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

Gabriel_Hurl

full back

Thought he had a few decent games last season, but after his injury he never seemed to recover & consequently played sh1t since then.
How the fcuk Juventus can pay that money is crazy.
Take the money & run (or at least pay off some of your bills)  ;)

Silky

From BBC. Not good news IMO but not un-expected either.

Liverpool duo complete £350m deal 

Gillett (left) and Hicks took over the club in March 2007
Liverpool's American owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett have completed the £350m refinancing deal to secure their Anfield future, BBC Sport understands.

The financial package is expected to help the duo repay money borrowed for their £218.9m takeover in March 2007.

It also means that the club can finally launch their long-awaited plan for a new stadium at Stanley Park.

BBC sports editor Mihir Bose said £60m of the package will provide the start-up money for the new ground.

The deal, which is expected to be announced on Friday, underlines the pair's determination to remain at Anfield despite interest from Dubai International Capital (DIC), the investment arm of the Dubai government.

Hicks will also feel he will be in a stronger position should he decide to sell in the future, dealing a blow to DIC's hopes of mounting a swift bid to take control of the club.

The American pair were the target of crowd demonstrations from Liverpool supporters unhappy with their regime during Monday's televised game against Aston Villa, with banners calling for DIC to mount a bid.

Some fans were angry after the duo admitted they had sounded out Jurgen Klinsmann as a possible replacement for manager Rafael Benitez, with whom they had a high-profile falling-out.

A survey carried out by the Liverpool Supporters' network showed that 76% of 2,000 fans questioned said they would "seriously consider reducing their financial commitment to the club" if the current owners stayed in charge.

When asked to choose between the owners and the manager as to who had the best interest of the club at heart, 99% backed Benitez.

"The results of this survey are indicative of the strength of feeling among Liverpool fans that the club is very much in the wrong hands at present," said LSN spokesman Neil Atkinson.

"Tom Hicks and George Gillet are not trusted."

SouthArmaghBandit

Silky

Looks ok but will it ever give us this?

I'mworrried about what it will cost. Has anyone else any views on sharing with Everton? It sounds like a win-win to me.

gawa316

Anyone know is the match on tele today?

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: gawa316 on January 26, 2008, 10:51:58 AM
Anyone know is the match on tele today?

Don't think so unless you can get it on the net.

Square Ball

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Minder

Hicks plans long stay at Anfield 

Hicks and Gillett took over at Liverpool last March
Liverpool co-owner Tom Hicks has insisted he plans to retain his stake in the club for the foreseeable future.
"There is no question in my mind that I will still be an owner of Liverpool Football Club in five years," he told BBC 5 Live's Sportsweek programme.

Liverpool have been the subject of speculation about a possible takeover by Dubai International Capital.

Hicks said that was never a "serious possibility" but the BBC understands he was in contact with DIC last Friday.

It is not clear what that conversation was about but Hicks said: "I can't think of a price where I would be interested in selling."

The Texan admitted speaking to DIC "a few months ago" about a "10% to 15% participation" in the club but DIC felt the price was too high.

"They would have been a minority investor and we would have used that capital to build a new stadium. We'll find other ways to capitalise the new stadium," he said.

Hicks, who along with fellow owner George Gillett took over the Reds in March 2007, confirmed a £350m refinancing package was put in place last week, with £105m of that as debt tied to the club.

Of that total, £45m will be used for future player transfers and to meet the club's working capital needs, while BBC sports editor Mihir Bose said £60m will provide the start-up money for the new ground.

There is no question in my mind that I will still be an owner of Liverpool Football Club in five years

"The refinancing will provide the capital for the next year-and-a-half to take the stadium move forward," added Hicks.

He repeated his backing for manager Rafa Benitez despite revealing earlier this month that he held talks with German Jurgen Klinsmann in November about taking over as manager in case the Spaniard left the club.

"We have a great manager who has our support," he said.

"After our meeting on 16 December he has shown his strong intent to do the right thing by the club.

"Rafa's got a contract for two more years and hopefully he'll stay for longer."

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Over the Bar

Did anyone else hear the Havant & Waterlooville fans singing "Can we play you every week?" during the first half.   Classic!! :))

full back

Heard an interview with a Havant & Waterlooville player, it may have been their captain, & he said towards the end of the game Stevie G went up to hit a corner and he went past the said player who was singng "You'll never walk alone'  :D :D
Great occasion yesterday & the scousers in particular the Kop must be commended

gawa316

Rumours going about at the minute linking us to Aimar. Has to be a positive move, at least Rafa is realising we need some flair and creativity in midfield. Whether he would settle into the english game is another thing