The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gawa316

Quote from: Minder on January 11, 2008, 10:46:14 AM
Klinsmann to become new Bayern Munich coach on July 1st 2008.

Thank god for that, what has he actually done in club football anyway.

The media will have to find another avenue to attack Liverpool and Benitez now

stevo-08

Quote from: gawa316 on January 11, 2008, 11:15:31 AM

yea, im happy with that news too. although im sure the media will have little trouble finding something else to attack benitez with.

news that Agger is finally coming back from injury. was scheduled to play a reserve game midweek only to have it cancelled due to weather. after 4 months out, it'll be a big boost once he comes back into the side.

Rossie11

Looks like Juve gonna shell out 10m for Sissoko.
Good bit of business.
Money will probably be used to tie up Mascherano deal.

gawa316

Quote from: Rossie11 on January 11, 2008, 11:30:40 AM
Looks like Juve gonna shell out 10m for Sissoko.
Good bit of business.
Money will probably be used to tie up Mascherano deal.

It's ridiculous to think we have to sell in order to make purchases. I thought with the aid of the yanks we would have the financial muscle to compete with utd and chelski...obviously not. Am I the only one who thinks regarding transfers they have give us f**k all? Yes we spent in and around £40 mill in the summer but this would have been offset by over £20 mil of player sales and the money we would have received forgetting to the champions league final.

Your Thai bloke who bought Citeh (who we turned down) seems to be throwing money at them left, right and centre. Yes we have the stadium etc to think about but it was stated somewhere that its' development would not hinder our transfer budget which it clearly has

GalwayBayBoy

SKRTEL SIGNS UNTIL 2012

Liverpool have today confirmed the signing of Slovakian international defender Martin Skrtel from Zenit St Petersberg on a four and a half year contract. 
The established centre half has 15 international caps for his country and Reds boss Rafael Benitez is predicting a bright Anfield future for the 23-year-old.

"I think he is a player maybe not many people know about but he played against Everton for Zenit St Petersberg, and he is a centre half that knows the English style," said Benitez.

"He is aggressive, quick, is good in the air and I think he's a very good player for the future and also for the present.

"He is very competitive, but his mentality for me is very good. Watching him in some games his mentality is similar to Carra so I think it's very positive for the team.

"Our scouts first knew of him when he was playing for Slovakia and we have been monitoring him since the start of the season.

"We saw him play against Everton in the UEFA Cup match at Goodison and during the last few months we have been checking him closely.

"I don't think he will be ready for Middlesbrough because the Russian league season ended more than a month ago and the last competitive game Martin played was in the UEFA Cup in December.

"He has been training but I don't think that will be enough. He needs to get to know his team-mates and the league but I will look at him in training because he has a very good physical condition."

The Reds boss also believes Skrtel is a player who will settle quickly into life at Anfield and put pressure on the likes of Jamie Carragher, Sami Hyypia and Daniel Agger for a starting role in the first team.

"He has quality and he can be a problem for them and a good problem for me if I need to decide who to play in the future," added Benitez.

"He has experience and enough quality for playing as soon as possible."

Skrtel will wear squad number 37 at Anfield.

Chrisowc

Quote from: stevo-08 on January 11, 2008, 11:23:20 AM
Quote from: gawa316 on January 11, 2008, 11:15:31 AM

yea, im happy with that news too. although im sure the media will have little trouble finding something else to attack benitez with.

news that Agger is finally coming back from injury. was scheduled to play a reserve game midweek only to have it cancelled due to weather. after 4 months out, it'll be a big boost once he comes back into the side.

That was probably Rafa's fault too.
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

gawa316

Liverpoolfc.tv to Rafa

'Can we expect any more business from Liverpool in the transfer window?'

'Not really. I think we are pleased with the squad.' :'(

Chrisowc

Quote from: gawa316 on January 12, 2008, 12:06:45 PM
Liverpoolfc.tv to Rafa

'Can we expect any more business from Liverpool in the transfer window?'

'Not really. I think we are pleased with the squad.' :'(

He knows more than any of us where the squad needs improving.  The players he wants to do that probably aren't available at this stage and there's no point bringing someone in for the sake of it.
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

The Real Laoislad

Brutal so far.Vorinin is one of the worst players ever to play for Liverpool and he is proving it again today..
You'll Never Walk Alone.

J70

He's been poor all right, but he's hardly the only one.

whyarerefssobad

always look on the bright side

Lecale2

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: J70 on January 12, 2008, 03:58:04 PM
He's been poor all right, but he's hardly the only one.

True..
Arbeloa is once again doing nothing to make me think he is a good player..
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on January 12, 2008, 03:55:18 PM
Brutal so far.Vorinin is one of the worst players ever to play for Liverpool and he is proving it again today..

Alright he hasn't been good so far  .................the worst?? Not even close

Julian Dicks ......Istvan Kozma ....... Torben Piechnik ......... Erik Meijer ........ Sean Dundee

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on January 12, 2008, 04:06:21 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on January 12, 2008, 03:55:18 PM

Alright he hasn't been good so far  .................the worst?? Not even close

Julian Dicks ......Istvan Kozma ....... Torben Piechnik ......... Erik Meijer ........ Sean Dundee

Thats why i said ONE of the worst
You'll Never Walk Alone.