The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: magpie seanie on September 23, 2007, 05:03:07 AM
QuoteI doubt it will be very corporate at all. Thats not the Liverpool way.

You should take up a career in strandup. Liverpool way me hole. Where is the famous "pass and move" that was the real "Liverpool way". As I Said earlier on this thread Alonso is your main man. Some of you tools think a Danish hoofer is more important but I wouldn't expect better.

Your rational, friendly tone aside, what people were saying was that while Alonso will be missed, Liverpool have plenty of cover in central midfield. Whether they're all as good as Alonso is a separate issue. The only recognised centre-half cover for the "Danish hoofer" is the aging Hyypia. Understand?

GalwayBayBoy

Very disappointing performance yesterday. Never looked like scoring until Torres came on with 30 minutes to go and nearly scored with a bicycle kick and put a clever backheel through for Crouch. The international break seems to have taken the wind from our sails and the injuries to Agger and especially Alonso haven't helped. Xabi does help in adding some fluidity to our attacking play and Agger brings the ball out of defence better than anyone else. The best we can say is that we still haven't conceded a goal in open play yet this season. Just 2 penalties. So we are looking solid.

Think people are getting a bit hacked off with Rafa's rotation now. Twice in a week he left Torres on the bench. No reason for it IMO. We have a Carling Cup game this week and he could have been rested for that instead. That said the team that took the field should still have been good enough to beat Birmingham even with the bus parked in front of their goal.

Need to go to Wigan next weekend and win.

Balboa

What the hell is the point in paying £26 million for a player and not playing him, is he saving him so he will be fresh later in the season when we are 15 pts behind and out of contention? A few bad traits coming back into play, if we are unable to break a team like Birmingham down what does that say about us?

new devil

Quote from: Balboa on September 23, 2007, 10:11:29 PM
What the hell is the point in paying £26 million for a player and not playing him, is he saving him so he will be fresh later in the season when we are 15 pts behind and out of contention? A few bad traits coming back into play, if we are unable to break a team like Birmingham down what does that say about us?

You's are shit :-\

Balboa

Quote from: new devil on September 24, 2007, 12:45:03 AM
Quote from: Balboa on September 23, 2007, 10:11:29 PM

You's are shit :-\

Once again New Devil shows himself to be the mental midget we have all believed him to be, please try and post something sensible just once, then maybe just maybe we will only see you as being partially mentally retarded. I am willing to give you a second chance.

Gabriel_Hurl

Fernando Torres starts as Rafa Benitez names a strong side to face Reading at the Madejski Stadium.
The Reds boss has made several changes from the side that faced Birmingham City at the weekend with Fabio Aurelio making his first start of the season.

Peter Crouch will partner Torres up front while Brazilian youngster Lucas makes his first full appearance in a Reds shirt.

Team: Itandje, Finnan, Aurelio, Carragher, Arbeloa, Leto, Sissoko, Lucas, Benayoun, Crouch, Torres. Subs: Martin, Gerrard, Riise, Hobbs, Putterill

nifan

rested torres in the premiership to play him in a weakened side in the carling cup? dont really see the point in that at all

dec

1-1 at the moment

That is the first goal from play that Liverpool have conceded all season, all others were from penalties.

GalwayBayBoy

3 great goals by Torres.

Now please play him the league Rafa you numpty.

heganboy

I think its about time the rotation policy in the league got the deadner...
(As they say in Armagh)
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

deiseach

So we're rotating Torres so we can maximise the chances of winning the Carling Cup? :D

J70

There's nothing wrong with rotating players, as long as you don't drop the key and class-apart men like Torres for important games. Rotate away with the likes of Riise and Pennant and Crouch.

brokencrossbar1

I actually agree with the rotation, i just think Rafa has it arse ways at the minute!

Keeper,2 central defenders, 2 of 3 in central midfield and Torres should play majority of the league games.  Torres can play with any of the otehr strikers as he is quick, hard-working but most importantly very clever.  The team should be built around this spine and rotate the others.

Good win, Reading have gone back a lot.  What a shower of hackers they have become, a lot of very dangerous tackles.  The most impressive thing for me in it all was that they targetted Torres with some brutal challenges and he still stuck a hat-trick.  The sign of someone who will go far.

Special mention for GOD.  Still banging them in for the Welsh ones, 37 League cup goals during his career, not bad for a has been :D

magpie seanie

Quotethere were 3 men offside for their first goal.

I had a couple of glasses of wine taken when I saw these goals but are you sure you understand the offside rule?