The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Hound on August 17, 2007, 09:43:34 AM
Quote from: FermGael on August 16, 2007, 08:30:49 AM
well lads.  Have to say that i am impressed with Liverpool so far.   Good opener against Villa and a controlled performance last night. 
Big game this weekend and one we need to win. 

I disagree. Liverpool have dominated possession in both games, but still the age old problem exists that we havent being creating enough good chances for our strikers. We create the odd one here and there, but when dominating possession, we should be able to create chance after chance. We've relied on screamers to win games - they don't come every game.

However, it will take a while for the new lads to bed in, so performances might be mixed, and its great to be getting wins on the board in the meantime.

In fairness Hound they created lots of chances against Villa. Didn't take them granted but they had plenty of chances in the 2nd half. Gerrard had a shot from 8 yards out that was going in until it hit a defender who knew nothing about it, Babel had two decent chances sending one whizzing just past the post, there was another chance too that fell to someone I can't remember. They definitely should have been more than one goal up. Granted they have to strat putting these chances away but they did create openings against Villa.

Didn't see the Toulouse game but heard it was a dull enough game played in searing heat.

Carmen Stateside

Thought Liverpool played well today and were robbed by a horrible decision from the ref!!! Thought the ref was brutal overall!No matter Torres is off the mark and that goal should settle him down well :)

inisceithleann

Quote from: J70 on August 19, 2007, 06:57:56 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on August 17, 2007, 03:14:27 PM
http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/media/preview_0708_new_stadium_feature_170807_medium.asx

Video footage of the new Anfield

19,500 capacity on the Kop! Sound engineering!

Looks fantastic!

Kop looks great, but the stand behind the other goals is very small looking, and takes away from the stadium as a whole IMO.
Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth

GalwayBayBoy

Absolutely filthy with that result today. >:(

Team played very well. Got themselves ahead and were in complete control of the game when Rob Styles bails Chelsea out by awarding them a quite ridiculous penalty. All the more frustrating as Chelsea never looked like they were going to score. I won't even mention him showing 2 yellow cards to Essien (which he clearly did but has since tried to wriggle his way out of).

Overall a stunningly inept display of refereeing.

J70

Fcuk it lads, we'll be on the right side of those decisions this season too. Every team will.

Midman

For me the highlight of the match was Torres standing up to Terry both physically and mentally. He put himself about against Terry a few times and when Terry started giving him shit he was nonchalant said 'que pasa' and tapped Terry on the cheek. If you're 23 in your home debut against one of the best , not to mention biggest and strongest, centrebacks in the business, that to me as rafa would say shows 'the right mentality'. A lesser player would have been cowed by that, hes a skillful player and looks to be mentally tough. Great finish and i'm happy that hes easing the reservations I had about him. BTW Babel has a ridiculous shot on him

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: J70 on August 19, 2007, 08:27:54 PM
Fcuk it lads, we'll be on the right side of those decisions this season too. Every team will.

We'd want to get some big payback for that shambolic refereeing performance today.

I'm not one to start blaming referees for results but something has to be said when refs are deciding the outcome of these games. At the very least Styles should be demoted to the championship for a farce of a display.

As an aside I honestly think we'll be there or thereabouts come the end of the season.

DirtyDozen12

Totally disgusted with the penalty decision today.  Is it just me or do Chelsea and Man Utd always see to get their way with dubious decisions made by referees?  Steve Finnan did no where near foul Malouda, the ball was actually played behindthe chelsea player and he ended up running intoFinnan so how the ref can give a peno is fuckin beyond me...was totally rippin with the decision,as someone has already pointed out, chelsea once again bailed out by the ref.
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

ONeill

That was a very Henry-like finish by Torres.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

J70

Quote from: ONeill on August 19, 2007, 11:00:11 PM
That was a very Henry-like finish by Torres.

Now that you mention it, it certainly was!

heganboy

The reason the other stand is small is that its the one that gets ripped out if the extension gets the ok in a couple of years.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Aristotle Flynn

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion.

Hound

I think Liverpool paid the penalty for not being more than one up despite dominating the game. That Liverpool XI was far better than Chelsea. But Chelsea had that huge slice of fortune to get a draw. Fantastic goal by Torres - pity his teammates couldnt create any more chances for him. Riise in particular, but also Gerrard, wasted a lot of ball.

Liverpool's defence is looking rock solid. Arbeloa adds a lot in that respect, but being on his wrong side, he doesnt offer a whole lot going forward.

Sunderland, Derby, Pompey, Wigan and Brum to come in the next 5 games. 3-0, 4-0, 2-0, 3-0, 5-0.  Then I'd consider us title contenders  ;D  But no doubt there'll be a 0-1 and a 0-0 in there....

I'm hoping for Voronin and Torres to start v Sunderland.