advertising in papers

Started by qz, January 20, 2009, 04:40:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

qz

Hi there,
i am a new member  and am hoping for some help already!

I am intending to place an advertise my wedding video business in some county wide newspapers & am hoping some users here can advise on the best paper to advertise in for the following counties,.
Thanks in advance for any input.
Louth
Cavan
Donegal
Monaghan

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: qz on January 20, 2009, 04:40:43 PM
Hi there,

I am intending to place an advertise my wedding video business in some county wide newspapers & am hoping some users here can advise on the best paper to advertise in for the following counties,.
Louth
Cavan
Donegal
Monaghan

And what about occupied Ulster?  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

qz

thanks ziggy
anyone else with any ideas
much appreciated.

mylestheslasher

Anglo Celt would still be the biggest in Cavan.

http://www.anglocelt.ie/

Anglo Celt
Station House,
Cavan,
Co Cavan

049 433 1100

you also have the cavan post

http://www.cavanpost.ie/

Cavan Post
4 Abbey St
Cavan
Co. Cavan
T 0494360088

Orior

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

the Deel Rover

Quote from: qz on January 20, 2009, 04:40:43 PM
Hi there,

Louth
Cavan
Donegal
Monaghan

I 'd say you should just forget about cavan  ;)
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Shamrock Shore

You have to visit this site for circulation numbers both North and South

http://www.abc-ireland.ie

An invaluable resource for advertisers.

RedandGreenSniper

Best thing to do is google 'newspaper%cavan' and the same from the other counties.

List all the papers you find. Ring each of them up and ask them for their price for the size ad you require - full page, half page, quarter page or smaller. And know whether the paper is a broadsheet or tabloid as this is fairly important! Ask them then what their circulation is and if they are ABC audited (Audit Bureau of Circulations). That means that if they are ABC, the figure they quote is legit. If they are not ABC, be wary because the only papers that aren't ABC tend to be papers whose circulation is haemmhoraging so the figure they will give will more than likely be false.

Shamrock Shore beat me to the punch there it seems!

So compare the price relative to the circulation and you should get a good idea of value for money. Another thing to be mindful of though is if one paper is a new paper and the other is a well established paper and the circulations aren't that far apart, side for the newer paper. Your target audience will be normally under 40. This is the audience which new papers aims for. Established papers have traditional buyers, who tend to be of an older demographic.
For instance the Cavan Post might be more popular with younger people than the Anglo Celt (just an example, I could be wrong but check out the circulations and then judge).

Also, and probably most importantly, ask each paper are they doing any wedding supplements soon. Some papers do these in the spring and naturally this would be the best place to advertise. Hope this helps
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

The Watcher Pat

You have just sorta placed a advert on the gaaboard...lol
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

bingobus

Monaghan - Northern Standard would have largest circulation 047 82188

Monaghan Post also does the rounds, don't have the number at hand.