Pranks played on the trainee...

Started by youngfella, December 11, 2008, 06:42:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

youngfella

We've all been a trainee at some point in our working lives and therefore, we've all had the obligatory pranks played on us. Whether it was going to the fire officer and asking to get an empty fire extinguisher 'fully charged' or sent to the DIY shop for special shelving screws called 'long short oval-rounds'.

The best I've heard was one my dad and his colleagues played on their trainee. Basically, they work in the hospital as maintainence, and they sent the trainee down to the morgue to fix a lightbulb. As the trainee was walking passed what was an apparently dead person laying under a white sheet on the table, the 'corpse' just sat up and turned it's head (still under the sheet) to stare at the trainee. He 'sh*t' himself and run full pelt out of there.

Absolute classic!

So, what pranks did you have played on you when you were a fresh-faced 16 year old trainee?
Pull hard and early

The Watcher Pat

Left handed screwdrivers, Buckets of steam...Nothing as funny as that!!

You wouldnt want to do that on someone with a dodgy ticker though!!

Probably the funniest was when I worked in a bar and we made a new start clean out all the empties with a babys bottle scrub. Steam all the labels off..And he also wasted about half a keg of cider trying to get a head on it!
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

SidelineKick

Sending someone for a bubble for the spirit level but my personal favourite, sending someone for a long stand  :D
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

Puckoon

We once sent a girl to the neighbouring resturaunt to ask if we could borrow a leg of salmon.

Mario

I was sent for a sky hook before, there were a lot of hooks for chains in the van and i thought one of them might have been a sky hook. There was a bust ball which one of the lads had filled with stones, i didnt know this it just looked like a 99p ball you get, he told me to kick it at the foremans head as i was walking past it, not thinking i kicked it and nearly broke my foot. It was sore all summer! Another one not played on me but on another couple of summer workers. There was a big machine for chipping tarmac, weighed about 15 tonne, they told one of the lads to change its tyre and handed him a car jack, he tried to change it, it was hilarious.

brokencrossbar1

During the summer at school I worked in a furniture factory, we did the usual suspects to all the younger lads, long stand, long weight, spotted paint, and all the ones mentioned above.  A regular prank was to nail gun lads lunch boxes to the table in the canteen.  One other time there was a young lad who had just got his GCSE results.  he had a few sherberts and came into work the next day half tore.  He fell asleep at lunchtime, comatose sleep.  We got industrial strenght fast setting glue and stuck the soles of his boots to the floor.  One of the lads then hit the fire alarm and he woke up all disorientated and fell on his hole.  He couldn't understand what was happening.  We pissed our holes at him.

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on December 11, 2008, 09:10:34 PM
During the summer at school I worked in a furniture factory, we did the usual suspects to all the younger lads, long stand, long weight, spotted paint, and all the ones mentioned above.  A regular prank was to nail gun lads lunch boxes to the table in the canteen.  One other time there was a young lad who had just got his GCSE results.  he had a few sherberts and came into work the next day half tore.  He fell asleep at lunchtime, comatose sleep.  We got industrial strenght fast setting glue and stuck the soles of his boots to the floor.  One of the lads then hit the fire alarm and he woke up all disorientated and fell on his hole.  He couldn't understand what was happening.  We pissed our holes at him.

Sounds familiar that...there was a old guy who used to drink in our local. He always stood at the poker machine..Sometimes for hours on end and cracked up when anyone else went near in..One night there he was in his wellies playing away and went to the toilet. Out came the glue we stuck it all over the mat..Back he came and never moved again for a hour by which time he was stuck fast...The whole bar was in stitches when he keeled over when he went to walk away.....
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

The Gs Man

Worked in a meat factory every summer for a few years.

There was a fella who worked there who, coincidentally, had the nickname "Mental".

Any new starts coming in he would have threw a white coat on and got a clipboard and pen.  Got the new lads to stand in one of the rooms just off the kill-floor and strip down to their underwear pretending he was a medical officer.  Obviously their clothes were lifted and weren't seen for a couple of hours.  
Keep 'er lit

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Shamrock Shore

I was once sent on a mission to look for diesel engine spark plugs  >:(

Open yer eyes Man

I remember working on the building sites during the Summers when I was younger.  There were the usual goings on as highlighted above.

What I used to hate was when you'd be at the tae in the van or the hut.  You'd go to sit down and some fecker beside you would flick the tae bag out of the cup, just when you were about to sit down.  Not seeing it you'd sit on it and then hit the roof with a burnt fecking arse - very painful indeed.

Gnevin

The skirting board ladder is in the same vain as most of these .
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

ludermor

We sent a young lad to a plumbers supplies with an order for a pound of lilette applicators. The poor fella was sent all over the shop to different counters!
In the days just before wages was paid directly into the bank we had give the lads their wages by check. We had one lunatic who was always acting the maggot but he wasnt the brightest spark. The foreman gave him his wages one week and there was an hand written IOU in it. We all showed him our IOU and explained it was part of the handover and the bank had all the money ready for. Off we went to the and sent Mick up to the teller first. I swear ill never forget the look on her face when he tried to explain it to her

J70

Quote from: Mario on December 11, 2008, 07:08:48 PM
I was sent for a sky hook before, there were a lot of hooks for chains in the van and i thought one of them might have been a sky hook. There was a bust ball which one of the lads had filled with stones, i didnt know this it just looked like a 99p ball you get, he told me to kick it at the foremans head as i was walking past it, not thinking i kicked it and nearly broke my foot. It was sore all summer! Another one not played on me but on another couple of summer workers. There was a big machine for chipping tarmac, weighed about 15 tonne, they told one of the lads to change its tyre and handed him a car jack, he tried to change it, it was hilarious.

Please tell me you stopped him before he put the weight of the machine on it? :o

Mario

Quote from: J70 on December 11, 2008, 10:46:47 PM
Quote from: Mario on December 11, 2008, 07:08:48 PM

Please tell me you stopped him before he put the weight of the machine on it? :o
No he tried to jack it up, and looked puzzled as he discovered the car jack couldn't lift it, imagine the scene, trying to screw a 7 inch handle on a car jack to lift a massive vehicle, it still cracks me up thinking about it. Everyday you had to be on your guard working for them boys, i was 17 not used to site environment, they were always trying to take the piss. My the time i had left uni i had worked enough summers to at least know when they were messing.