Getting out of bed in the morning!

Started by SidelineKick, November 27, 2008, 09:28:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SidelineKick

I am finding it more and more difficult to get up in the mornings.  I set my alarm every night but every morning without fail I put it off for half an hour meaning I miss breakfast.  I should be getting up at 7 but nowadays its always closer to half 7.  How can I get out of this rut?
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

illdecide

Quote from: SidelineKick on November 27, 2008, 09:28:18 AM
I am finding it more and more difficult to get up in the mornings.  I set my alarm every night but every morning without fail I put it off for half an hour meaning I miss breakfast.  I should be getting up at 7 but nowadays its always closer to half 7.  How can I get out of this rut?

It's easy and simple...Get 2 kids and you'll never have any bother with sleep again...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Orior

Quote from: illdecide on November 27, 2008, 09:33:05 AM

It's easy and simple...Get 2 kids and you'll never have any bother with sleep again...

Alternatively, just change your lifestyle completely, bat-a-bing bat-a-boom.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Onion Bag

Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

kinghen

this morning i had set my alarm for 8 o clock, i obviously woke and just turnes it off, but i have no recollection of this!! my da had to come in and wake me at 8:45!!!

i think my problem is simple tho, i just dont go to bed early enough, i stuck on a dvd llast night at 11, didnt get to bed till 1:30,
plus i tend to eat late in the evening as well

CC1

I'm the same, I think its just the dark nights and dark mornings. I haven't been going to bed any later than normal, just getting up later.
"Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride."

SidelineKick

Quote from: CC1 on November 27, 2008, 09:39:52 AM
I'm the same, I think its just the dark nights and dark mornings. I haven't been going to bed any later than normal, just getting up later.

Yeah I'm the same.  If I go to bed at half 10 I get up at half 7.  If I go to bed at hald 11...I get up at half 7.  The most annoying thing about this is that I know if I got out of bed after 2 minutes I would be grand and feel exactly the same as I do after getting up at half 7!!

Reported.

balladmaker

full back

If balladmakers idea doesnt work, you can always use this to wake you up
Never fails...................

SidelineKick

Jesus lads I don't wanna take it to the extreme  :o Maybe a louder alarm clock would do.

I have thought about getting up at about 6, taking 10 mins to get breakfast then going back to bed.  But sure that doesnt work either because if I can't get up at 7 there is no hope of me getting up at 6!!!

Reported.

corn02

Quote from: kinghen on November 27, 2008, 09:36:25 AM
this morning i had set my alarm for 8 o clock, i obviously woke and just turnes it off, but i have no recollection of this!! my da had to come in and wake me at 8:45!!!

i think my problem is simple tho, i just dont go to bed early enough, i stuck on a dvd llast night at 11, didnt get to bed till 1:30,
plus i tend to eat late in the evening as well

Same goes, even if I do force ymself into an early night, I will stick on DVDs until about 1.30am. If I go to bed an hour earleir than usual, I will watch an extra hour of a film or something.

full back

Do you go for a kip in the evening after work?
If so cut that out as it would be affecting you

Failing that, go do some exercise in the evening, watch TV for an hour or so then turn it off. If you manage to get up just one morning at the correct time this should have a knock-on effect of feeling tired earlier the next night

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

SidelineKick

Quote from: full back on November 27, 2008, 10:12:52 AM

Failing that, go do some exercise in the evening, watch TV for an hour or so then turn it off. If you manage to get up just one morning at the correct time this should have a knock-on effect of feeling tired earlier the next night

Don't have time for a kip as by the time I get a bite to eat, watch a bit of telly its bed time.  I normally do press-ups, sit-ups, have training, play indoor football every evening so I fall asleep quickly enough.  You are right about the knock on effect, one morning could sort it!  I think however I will finish out the week in my usual slack morning practice and begin the new me on monday*

* Providing I don't take a feed of drink on Sunday night.

Reported.

corn02

Quote from: SidelineKick on November 27, 2008, 10:19:16 AM
Quote from: full back on November 27, 2008, 10:12:52 AM

Don't have time for a kip as by the time I get a bite to eat, watch a bit of telly its bed time.  I normally do press-ups, sit-ups, have training, play indoor football every evening so I fall asleep quickly enough.  You are right about the knock on effect, one morning could sort it!  I think however I will finish out the week in my usual slack morning practice and begin the new me on monday*

* Providing I don't take a feed of drink on Sunday night.

Oh listen to Chuck Norris here!