Anthony Daly - The new Dublin hurling manager

Started by The Wedger, November 24, 2008, 09:37:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thejuice

Hell of a win for the Dubs against Galway, while I fancied their chances I didnt think the margin would be as much.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

heffo

A Dub hurler has won hurler of the month for February..

Eoghan Mag

Fair play to the Dubs thus far. It speaks loads for the underage set-up that they are now getting some payback at senior level. I'd love to see the Dubs stay in Div one. I see some have tipped them to beat Limerick too. Now if they took two Munster scalps then they might start getting a bit of respect from the stronger hurling counties. 

Hound

Dublin threw that away in Limerick yesterday. Three missed frees in the closing minutes. Both teams were poor in the final quarter.

imtommygunn

Limerick's goal was a definite free out. Goalie touched in the square, lost possession and goal.

Bud Wiser

This new relationship between Daly and the Dubs is going well lads and is great for hurling in Leinster. I would love to see them get the same support in hurling as they do in football.
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

Dutch

Looking forward to Antrim game...
Either team could pull of an upset this championship...

The Wedger

Quote from: Bud Wiser on March 03, 2009, 07:50:43 AM
This new relationship between Daly and the Dubs is going well lads and is great for hurling in Leinster. I would love to see them get the same support in hurling as they do in football.
Be careful what you wish for.  ;D

INDIANA

Just to say history was made in parnell yesterday when 2 dublin schools contested the final of the leinster senior B colleges hurling championship yesterday with Colaiste Eoin winning and going forward to the all-ireland semi. To put this in context up to 5 years ago Dublin schools couldn't win a first round tie in this competition. I think its the first time in this comepititon that 2 schools from the same county contested the final

slow corner back

Indiana is there still a combined dublin colleges team competing in the A competition?

heffo

Quote from: slow corner back on March 13, 2009, 11:17:34 AM
Indiana is there still a combined dublin colleges team competing in the A competition?

Split into North & South now - South Dublin won Leinster 'A' Hurling league this year

Galwaybhoy

Quote from: INDIANA on March 13, 2009, 09:28:25 AM
Just to say history was made in parnell yesterday when 2 dublin schools contested the final of the leinster senior B colleges hurling championship yesterday with Colaiste Eoin winning and going forward to the all-ireland semi. To put this in context up to 5 years ago Dublin schools couldn't win a first round tie in this competition. I think its the first time in this comepititon that 2 schools from the same county contested the final

Dublin hurling has made remarkable improvements over the past few years.  Long may it continue!  Hurling needs all the counties it can get,  The more teams that are competitive the better.

INDIANA

great win for us today against waterford. Dublin 2nd only to the cats after 4 games - what odds would I have got beforehand.Had we beaten limerick we'd be on the verge of a div1 league final.

Reillers

Fair fucks to Dublin, I'll gladly eat some humble pie with them. Daly is doing an amazing job and long may it continue. Hurling needs all the counties it can get competing at the top level, they've a while to go yet but there really has been some remarkable improvments over the years. Well done to them a very good win, a very good League they're having.