Eggheads

Started by Harold Disgracey, November 21, 2008, 09:47:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harold Disgracey

She wasn't there, so I had to tackle Daphne instead!

ziggysego

Can't believe the Brits ratted you out!
Testing Accessibility

lurganblue

Quote from: Harold Disgracey on December 09, 2008, 03:43:38 PM
No Tony, we didn't let the club down. Apart from me our team included a former county player (not CS), a member of our 65/66 championship winning teams and a non-catholic Spurs season ticket holder.

We bumped into a bunch of brit squaddies in the hotel bar who were going on the show as well. They blabbed to the producers that we were on the beer. The producers & make-up people were surprised to find us hale & hearty when we arrived.

We were in an 'Irish' bar in Shepherds Bush called O'Neill's, guess what they had no Guinness, we had to make do with something called Guinness Red which was like a pint of mix. 

was there a certain MM on your team? he was telling mw hw was going to be on the show a few weeks ago

T Fearon

Right Harold, EMc C was obviously the mid 60s side representative, AMc C possibly the ex County player and M J the non catholic Spurs fan but stalwart gael ;D

corn02

Harold Disgracey

2 out 3 Tony, the ex-county player was once described by Benny Tierney as a fat bastard (the irony!), he is possibly the only person in the north that could name the '78 Ipswich FA cup winning team!
The mooncat was our reserve!

T Fearon

Ah, must be EF then! ;D

PS I could name a fair few of that Ipswich side myself, Cooper, Mills, Beattie, Hunter,Talbot, Geddis, Gates, Whymark and not forgetting Roger Osborne the goalscorer against Arsenal, who is revered by Spurs fans still ;D

lynchbhoy

Quote from: T Fearon on December 10, 2008, 05:09:59 PM
Ah, must be EF then! ;D

PS I could name a fair few of that Ipswich side myself, Cooper, Mills, Beattie, Hunter,Talbot, Geddis, Gates, Whymark and not forgetting Roger Osborne the goalscorer against Arsenal, who is revered by Spurs fans still ;D
was it not a deflected Geddis shot ?

Harold Disgracey

Correct Tony.
The match commentary was reenacted on Sunday night and Roger Osborne scored the goal.
The Arsenal supporting Dermot Murnaghan was reminded about this and spurs carling cup victory!

winsamsoon

Harold was that your face on the eggheads last night ??? ??? ??? There was a crowd of our wans on it anyway. :D :D Playing for a £1,000 as the team the night before had just won £23,000. Our fella's won the grand.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

heineken_on_tap

Quote from: winsamsoon on February 04, 2009, 12:03:18 PM
Playing for a £1,000 as the team the night before had just won £23,000.

I have watched Eggheads loads of times and still have not seen them been beaten ??? I would love to see one episode when they lose

longball

QUIZ QUESTION TO ALL YOU EGGHEADS:

??? ??? ???who scored the first goal at the emirates?????????
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

corn02

Quote from: longball on February 04, 2009, 01:12:29 PM
QUIZ QUESTION TO ALL YOU EGGHEADS:

??? ??? ???who scored the first goal at the emirates?????????

Was that the Bergkamp testimonial. Ill guess the man himself Bergkamp?

longball

no dont think so i heard it on the radio this morning! it was a league game!!!!!!!!
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

nrico2006

QuoteI have watched Eggheads loads of times and still have not seen them been beaten  I would love to see one episode when they lose

About 2 months ago I saw them beat 2 times in a row or 2 in a few days anyway and one of the defeats happened to be a woman on her own against all the Eggheads or all them bar one.  Before that I had never seen them lose and one show since I saw your man Kevin take on the final round on his own and win!
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'