All Ireland Club Hurling Championship

Started by youbetterbelieveit, November 20, 2008, 11:23:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galwaybhoy

Quote from: GaillimhIarthair on October 10, 2011, 10:46:55 AM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on October 09, 2011, 11:36:28 PM
Last year's AI winners Clarinbridge were nearly beaten in Galway as well. Were lucky to get a draw against Mullagh apparently. Draw for semis already made.

Gort v St Thomas's
Craughwell v Clarinbridge or Mullagh
Clarinbridge were haunted - any bit of composure at all from Mullagh would have seen them home.  Replay is on next weekend.

Mullagh had their chance.  The Bridge will advance in the replay and then beat Craughwell while Gort should overcome St. Thomas's I'd say.

deiseach

Ballygunner are through in Waterford after a hopeless mismatch against Tallow. The teams they have to get past to reach the Munster final, Drom-Inch from Tipperary and Na Piarsaigh from Limerick, are both debutants in the competition, so Ballygunner should be favourites. Still, lack of experience never hurt De La Salle, so . . .

AZOffaly

Drom & Inch won't be bad, but it depends how much they celebrate :D

deiseach

Quote from: AZOffaly on October 17, 2011, 12:47:38 PM
Drom & Inch won't be bad, but it depends how much they celebrate :D

I knew a guy from Abbeyknockmoy when I lived in Galway. He was still bitter at how they tarnished the only time they won the County Cup in 1988. The team went on the lash for a week and lost to Four Roads in the Connacht championship!

Milltown Row2

I think Loughgiel will play the Munster Champions this year, and in fairness this may be their best chance to get to Croke park.

Munster have been well under par of late in the All Ireland series and Loughgiel while poor against Loughlin Gaels last year in the semi's they should improve.

Ballyhale, if they find their form will end up in the other semi final. So we know how that will end up in the final ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

deiseach

Ballygunner in the Munster semi-final after a routine-sounding win over Drom-Inch of Tipperary, 2-15 to 1-13. As they won their first-ever county title only last week, cue all manner of dismissive stories of them being on the beer for the last seven days, not that that harmed De La Salle three years ago. Na Piarsaigh of Limerick next, who if Ballygunner win will be dismissed as having had too much time to recover from their first-ever title!

Minder

Ballyhale beaten 0-15 to 1-20 in Kilkenny final replay by James Stephens
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

orangeman

Quote from: Minder on October 30, 2011, 04:21:18 PM
Ballyhale beaten 0-15 to 1-20 in Kilkenny final replay by James Stephens

Big shock there.

GalwayBayBoy

Clarinbridge v Gort in Galway final. Should be a good game. Bridge will be favs but Gort have been hurling well this year.

seafoid

Gort haven't won it since the early 80s IIRC. Josie Harte was a great stalwart.

Milltown Row2

Seems to be a good spread of Champions coming from Galway lately. I know Portumna (was it 5) have had a great run, while Loughrea upset the odds one year in a match that's possibly not forgotten.

But they haven't dominated the last two years and could be on the wane (i stand to be corrected) St Thomas's making a push of late and TAD have done well since we dumped them out of the All Ireland Intermediate semi. Gorts have not been to the fore of late.

Clarinbridge were outstanding in the semi final and final last year. But have only managed to scrape past a couple of teams leading up to the final. Could Gort beat them?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ziggy90

Does anyone know who the Ulster junior champions are?
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

Magicsponge

Quote from: ziggy90 on November 04, 2011, 12:25:19 PM
Does anyone know who the Ulster junior champions are?
No one knows. Ask again on Sunday evening

ziggy90

Smartarse!! were you never told sarcasm is the lowest form of wit. Who are in the final?
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

Magicsponge

Quote from: ziggy90 on November 04, 2011, 02:12:57 PM
Smartarse!! were you never told sarcasm is the lowest form of wit. Who are in the final?
But it is still wit. Burt (Donegal) are playing Creggan (Antrim)

Ulster Club Junior Hurling Championship 2011   Final   12 30 PM   Clones   Kickhams GAC Creggan   ---    v   Beart/Burt   ---   James Clarke

from ulster.gaa.ie