The official Xbox360 thread - or the no ONLs' club

Started by corn02, November 13, 2008, 10:29:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thebigfella

Quote from: corn02 on May 20, 2009, 09:49:32 AM
Sorry last two posters, I don;t know the techncial stuff..

Anyway,
I have noticed that the new controllers have a crappy trigger button (r1 on playstation0. Seeing as I only play Pro Ev is makes sprinting difficult, is there anywhere you can order the original joypads?

They have always had them on the xbox, the PS3 has followed suit as well.

Gnevin

Quote from: mikasas on May 18, 2009, 02:34:21 PM
Wondering could you lads help me out?
I bought a controller of eBay and it comes on when you press the xbox button, but then when you try to sync it, it cant find the xbox.
I cannot get it to work at all, was just wondering are controllers region specific like the games.
Bought it from an UK seller so should be OK?
Could I sen it back to XBOX?
Are you pressing the buttion on the xbox and the controller?
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Gnevin

Quote from: flantheman82 on May 19, 2009, 07:42:53 PM
not sure if it's been mentioned before but anyone know why i cant copy mp3's that i've downloaded onto my xbox and is there a way of doing it? i've tried copying them to a cd and copying them over but its no use.
Don't think you can copy from CD, put them on a USB stick .
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

corn02

Sorry lads, did not make myself clear.

When i got the xbox360 the trigger was fine, but when i bought newer controllers they had changed that r1 position trigger, sprinting in pro ev is far harder with the new style button. Looks identical but there is an extremely subtle, but crucial, difference.

pintsofguinness

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Justin Credible

Just after buying Wrestlemaina Legends there £14.99 from Game. Haven't gotten to play it yet. Whats it like?

David McKeown

Quote from: pintsofguinness on August 07, 2009, 09:27:31 PM
Anyone play the batman demo? sheer class  ;D

Been playing the full game for a few days now it's excellent if short
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

pintsofguinness

Quote from: David McKeown on August 30, 2009, 08:43:04 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on August 07, 2009, 09:27:31 PM
Anyone play the batman demo? sheer class  ;D

Been playing the full game for a few days now it's excellent if short
Aye, got it myself on Friday, really like it though only played through about 15% or so, trying to get shadow complex finished first. 

Mickey Linden

What sort of game is batman? I normally only play sports games but have heard good reports about Batman. Is it hard?

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Mickey Linden on August 31, 2009, 12:20:21 PM
What sort of game is batman? I normally only play sports games but have heard good reports about Batman. Is it hard?
I normally only play shooting, sports or racing but I like batman.

I suppose it's a mixture of stealth and fighting. Can you not download the demo to see if you like it or even watch some videos of it on you tube?

WeeDonns

Guys,
My xbox live account has ran out so I don't play online anymore, but the xbox is still physically attached to my router. On Friday it asked me to install an update. It took ages but installed.
I play movies I've downloaded off a usb hard drive plugged into the xbox. Since I downloaded the update, none on my mp4 or avi movies on the hard disk will play. It throws up a message saying that an update needs to be installed to play the file type, I try and install the update and it says its already been downloaded, I download again and it just continues in this circle.

Have any of the rest of you had this problem?

Also, when playing halo, can 2 people play online using the same xbox with split screen? think i might pay for xbox live again

pintsofguinness

Quote from: WeeDonns on September 01, 2009, 10:20:59 AM
Guys,
My xbox live account has ran out so I don't play online anymore, but the xbox is still physically attached to my router. On Friday it asked me to install an update. It took ages but installed.
I play movies I've downloaded off a usb hard drive plugged into the xbox. Since I downloaded the update, none on my mp4 or avi movies on the hard disk will play. It throws up a message saying that an update needs to be installed to play the file type, I try and install the update and it says its already been downloaded, I download again and it just continues in this circle.

Have any of the rest of you had this problem?

Hmmm I had a problem like that few weeks ago but I went manually in to something to find the download that allowed me to watch the stuff and downloaded it again and it was fine.  If you look through the marketplaces you might find it.  I'm trying to find it here now but it's not connected to the net so I dont have full access to those sections.

Failing that Id ring them or even try the xbox forums, there's the offical forum and http://forum.teamxbox.com/, (which is quite good) maybe you could ask on there.

lurganblue

trying to cancel my xbox live subscription but it appears it cant be done online ffs if i just cancelled my direct debit to them would that work?

thebigfella

Quote from: lurganblue on September 30, 2009, 11:44:48 AM
trying to cancel my xbox live subscription but it appears it cant be done online ffs if i just cancelled my direct debit to them would that work?

It doesn't work by DD? Could be wrong but I never came accross that option.

lurganblue

Quote from: thebigfella on September 30, 2009, 12:06:47 PM
Quote from: lurganblue on September 30, 2009, 11:44:48 AM

It doesn't work by DD? Could be wrong but I never came accross that option.

there is certainly 4.99 coming out of my account each month for it and i cant cancel it online for some reason.  i'll have to call them