Edendork St Malachy's GFC clubhose badly damaged by fire

Started by red hander, November 08, 2008, 11:06:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

downgirl

My sympathies go to those at Edendork, especially for all the things lost in the fire that probably can't be replaced...photos, trophies, framed jerseys etc.  Hopefully when it is rebuilt it will be bigger and better than ever.

neilthemac

smacks me of a real insecurity with your own culture and identity when people have to attack opposite cultural clubs such as orange halls and gaa clubs

maybe if sinn fein and the dup weren't shouting at each other then things might settle down a bit

thejuice

Just heard it on the news, its just ridiculous. Whatever idiots are burning Orange Halls need to be aprehended asap, likewise the b**tards who carried out this latest attack. They really must be lacking in the brain cell department. Hope the club gets back on its feet as soon as possible.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

ziggysego

Terrible news about the Edendork clubhouse. I knew after the two Orange Halls in Tyrone were destroyed last week, it would be only a matter of time some mindless thug would retaliate.

My support goes out to Edendork. I've no doubt the good men and women of Edendork will rally round and will overcome this terrible act.
Testing Accessibility

Carmen Stateside

Sympathy to all involved with the St Malachys club, no doubt they will build again bigger and better!

Throw ball

Sorry to hear of this incident. Knowing a number of people from that club it will not be if but when the new clubhouse is built- bigger and better than ever! Hope they managed to play and beat Pomeroy today - would give them something to cheer.

give her dixie

Tough news for the club.
However, the good people of Edendork, with help from other gaels, will no doubt rebuild a fine clubhouse.
Here's to the new "Des Fox Pavillion".
Good luck Edendork.
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

Top of the hill

If it was arson (whch it would seem is the most likely cause) then it is a totally mindless act which can serve no purpose except increase ill feeling between both side of the community. Likewise the burning of orange halls.

I can never understand what the idiots that do this type of thing hope to achieve.
. . He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue
That's the Chicago way

orangeman

Quote from: Top of the hill on November 08, 2008, 05:50:29 PM
If it was arson (whch it would seem is the most likely cause) then it is a totally mindless act which can serve no purpose except increase ill feeling between both side of the community. Likewise the burning of orange halls.

I can never understand what the idiots that do this type of thing hope to achieve.

Who can ? Total assholes !

nifan

Terrible news for a club, feel very sorry for all those that use it.
As has been said boys going round burning down what they see as totems of the other side need sorted out.

It becomes tit for tat as usual, as well as the danger many people are put into - not least the fire fighters who have to go and fight a maliciously started fire.

I dont think the idiots look at the big picture, they havent the brains.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Heartbreaking for the club, but there's no doubt that what has been destroyed will be replaced with bigger and better (as is always the case where arson such as this is concerned, but that's a penny that may never drop, on either side).

Uchtarán CLG, Nicky Brennan, and Tyrone County Chairman, Pat Darcy, both paid them a visit yesterday, and both offered copious support, morale and otherwise, in their respective speeches last night (at the Club Tyrone Champions Ball).
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

WeeDonns

Second GAA club damaged by fire

There has been a fire at GAA premises in Cookstown in County Tyrone.

It appears extensive damage has been caused to the building on Convent Road in the town. Police are treating the fire as suspicious.

It was the second time over the weekend GAA premises in the county were found on fire.

On Saturday morning a blaze was discovered at St Malachy's GAA club in Edendork. Police are also treating that fire as suspicious.

The blaze at St Malachy's destroyed the roof, and the walls were later declared unsafe.

Tommy Gallagher, SDLP Fermanagh-South Tyrone assembly member, said that extensive damage had been done to the Edendork club.

"I just hope police now will continue their investigation and that the public will co-operate with them," he said.

"Because we do need to establish clearly the reasons behind this."