McAleeses presented Jackie McDonald with a fast-tracked Irish Passport.

Started by Over the Bar, November 05, 2008, 04:44:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Over the Bar

The Irish News reports on loyalist Jackie McDonald's claim that the husband of President Mary McAleese presented him with a fast-tracked Irish passport, so that he would be able to go to a Rangers game during a major loyalist feud.

If this happened in the UK there'd be heads rolling รก la Mandelson.   Hasn't caused much of a stir here tho strangely.

Denn Forever

There is a legit fast tracking service isn't there?  And he is a citizen of Ireland.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Orior

Ziggy, did you do that picture yourself using the mosaic function in Photoshop?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Main Street

I once had to take an offered emergency UK 24 hour passport document from the British embassy in order to get to an Ireland game. I am not even British.
Me and Jackie are kindred spirits.

lynchbhoy

Zapatista

Quote from: Denn Forever on November 05, 2008, 04:49:46 PM
There is a legit fast tracking service isn't there?  And he is a citizen of Ireland.

The Presidents Huband is not in a position to fast track anything.

Main Street

Quote from: Zapatista on November 05, 2008, 05:43:08 PM
Quote from: Denn Forever on November 05, 2008, 04:49:46 PM

The Presidents Huband is not in a position to fast track anything.
Over the Bar reports that the president's husband presented the fast tracked passport to their adopted Loyalist.
Doesn't say that he actually fast tracked anything to do with official process of fast tracking.

nifan

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: lynchbhoy on November 05, 2008, 05:30:21 PM
who the feck is jackie mcdonald

is he/she related to trevor ? 

UDA commander South Belfast..

I can remember one night drinking in Benedicts in Belfast when he came in with 10-15 of his cronies....Everyone was asked to leave the bar so him and his mates could party..

A really lovely man by all accounts... :(
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

Gold

Quote from: The Watcher Pat on November 05, 2008, 07:00:45 PM

I can remember one night drinking in Benedicts in Belfast when he came in with 10-15 of his cronies....Everyone was asked to leave the bar so him and his mates could party..

i seen him and the same crowd of cronies last year in Thompsons throwing their weight around-serious big fellas in their 20's and then this old 40/50 something ejit standin around staring at people menacingly-i didnt hang around long after that
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Gold on November 05, 2008, 10:36:56 PM

i seen him and the same crowd of cronies last year in Thompsons throwing their weight around-serious big fellas in their 20's and then this old 40/50 something ejit standin around staring at people menacingly-i didnt hang around long after that
You have to be on steroids and wear a gold chain like something off a ships anchor to be considered a true loyalist. Leek.

Gaffer

Quote from: Tony Baloney on November 05, 2008, 11:52:15 PM
Quote from: Gold on November 05, 2008, 10:36:56 PM

You have to be on steroids and wear a gold chain like something off a ships anchor to be considered a true loyalist. Leek.

The whole story is HUNbelievable
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

carribbear

Quote from: nifan on November 05, 2008, 06:54:28 PM
Probably needed some help with the form.

....and spelling his name. You know how uneducated those loyalists are.