Started by Gaoth Dobhair Abu, April 29, 2009, 07:27:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Tbc....

Puckoon

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Puckoon on April 29, 2009, 07:28:30 PM
Thanks GDA. ;D

No worries, think it may be on til 8pm, being recorded from RTE.
Tbc....

Puckoon

Hes playing a cracking version of So do I ATM. Great stuff.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Puckoon on April 29, 2009, 07:31:39 PM
Hes playing a cracking version of So do I ATM. Great stuff.

Aye at work here with the radio blaring away, class.  ;D
Tbc....

lfdown2

just by chance caught the last 25min on the way to training was a good show, whatever about the BBC and TV they can do radio well (after radio 1)

theskull1

Without the BBC, broadcasting would be shite (radio especially) . The range of programming they offer would never be available on commercial
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

cville

Talking of Christy - I think it was 2 years ago that I heard him on Radio 4's Desert Island Discs .. it was excellent stuff .. if you can access a copy it would be a good hours insight into the man... i.e. Kildare, his republicanism (think he said he disowned the IRA after Enniskillen) etc

Puckoon

That desert island discs broadcast with Christy was a cracker. Im looking for it online here but it must have been deleted.

midLouth

Saw him playing in Trim there a couple of months ago, pure class!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Puckoon on April 29, 2009, 10:37:28 PM
That desert island discs broadcast with Christy was a cracker. Im looking for it online here but it must have been deleted.
DID will not be available as a listen again as there are rights issues apparently. He picked Ave Maria as his first track. Already picked for the funeral lineup ;)

Doogie Browser

Quote from: theskull1 on April 29, 2009, 10:34:36 PM
Without the BBC, broadcasting would be shite (radio especially) . The range of programming they offer would never be available on commercial
Excellent point, we would all be surprised just how much we rely on the beeb for info, was reading about the Dalai Lama last week and the first thing he does in the morning (after meditation etc!) is check the BBC news.

Puckoon

rosnarun

only problem is he an absolute fake as an artist. Changes his accent to suit the times . Early stuff is pure ewan McColl english folk then moved to a Sub luke kelly Dub accent and now Not even he knows what it is.
And as for the comedy Songs please , how to kill a concert in 15 mins flat - sing about the rose of tralee and now with the ruby thing nothing but a milk and wwater version of 'The Galway races'
maybe thats more than one thing
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Aerlik

I saw Luka at the Blues N Roots festival here three weeks ago.  Dynamite stuff, but I still can't believe he and Seasick Steve were on so early when many overrated, underperforming ballixes were the so-called headline acts.
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!