Graham Linehan on Twitter / Trans debate

Started by bennydorano, May 08, 2020, 08:34:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavan19

Quote from: Armagh18 on March 03, 2023, 09:02:26 AM
Quote from: samuel maguire on March 03, 2023, 08:49:31 AM
I am getting some laugh at all you clowns sticking up for this whole trans issue, coming out with words like transphobia etc  ;D ;D
Catch yourself on you fools you are part of the problem. These people should not be given the time of day. The more media coverage etc the more our young people are exposed to this nonsense, thinking this is the norm when it really is not!
If you want to be a transexual knock yourself out, i really couldn't care.... until it starts effecting me and my childrens rights/safety
If you want to identify as a horse i couldn't care less.... until they start running around the track at cheltenham.
100%

+1

blanketattack

Quote from: samuel maguire on March 03, 2023, 09:32:25 AM
That is a very fair question, althought the chances of this happening are extremely slim.

Especially with the environment my kids are brought up in. I would like to think my kids have been raised with the correct morals etc to see how messed up that shit is. AKA i don't think my kids are going to grow up to become attention seeking perverts. (fingers crossed)

Sounds very like Republicans in bygone days
"My daughter isn't going to marry a black man because she was brought up right"
"My son isn't going to turn out gay because he was brought up right".
They're now saying "my kids aren't going to be transexual because they were brought up right"

general_lee

I am getting some laugh at all you clowns sticking up for this whole trans issue, coming out with words like transphobia etc  ;D ;D
Catch yourself on you fools you are part of the problem. These people should not be given the time of day. The more media coverage etc the more our young people are exposed to this nonsense, thinking this is the norm when it really is not!
If you want to be a transexual knock yourself out, i really couldn't care.... until it starts effecting me and my childrens rights/safety
If you want to identify as a horse i couldn't care less.... until they start running around the track at cheltenham.
Aye because young people just "decide" these things and they decide them based on what they watch on the news 😂😂

I just hope your kids aren't harbouring any deeply suppressed feelings or urges. Might just drive you over the edge

RedHand88

Quote from: general_lee on March 03, 2023, 10:36:16 AM
Aye because young people just "decide" these things and they decide them based on what they watch on the news 😂😂

I just hope your kids aren't harbouring any deeply suppressed feelings or urges. Might just drive you over the edge

Why is the rate exploding in young people? Why is it higher in English speaking countries?

RedHand88

Quote from: blanketattack on March 03, 2023, 09:56:13 AM
Quote from: samuel maguire on March 03, 2023, 09:32:25 AM
That is a very fair question, althought the chances of this happening are extremely slim.

Especially with the environment my kids are brought up in. I would like to think my kids have been raised with the correct morals etc to see how messed up that shit is. AKA i don't think my kids are going to grow up to become attention seeking perverts. (fingers crossed)

Sounds very like Republicans in bygone days
"My daughter isn't going to marry a black man because she was brought up right"
"My son isn't going to turn out gay because he was brought up right".
They're now saying "my kids aren't going to be transexual because they were brought up right"

It's absolutely nothing like that. To frame this as the next big thing Liberals need to get over the line is just silly.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: RedHand88 on March 03, 2023, 11:17:14 AM

Why is the rate exploding in young people? Why is it higher in English speaking countries?

Exploding ? Christ

Anyways why does anything like this become more noticeable? Social media. People harboured their feelings/way of life/sex orientation and whatever else for millennia for fear of persecution.

Now it's accepted as 'ok' to be different, and that's fine.

Suicide was hidden unwanted disgraced an embarrassment so was avoided and not talked about, but now we encourage people to be more open about things, talk more don't be afraid.

But if someone identifies as something different to how they were born then it's a culture war! Wise up
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

RedHand88

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 03, 2023, 11:37:39 AM

Exploding ? Christ

Anyways why does anything like this become more noticeable? Social media. People harboured their feelings/way of life/sex orientation and whatever else for millennia for fear of persecution.

Suicide was hidden unwanted disgraced an embarrassment so was avoided and not talked about, but now we encourage people to be more open about things, talk more don't be afraid.

But if someone identifies as something different to how they were born then it's a culture war! Wise up

It's doubled in young people in the last 5 years.

Suicide rates have not fallen.

Mourne Red

Pushed more - Doctors and Pharmaceutical companies  can make a lot of money for ongoing healthcare/procedures

J70

How about people are more comfortable coming out of the closet and getting to grips with their true selves as society, especially younger segments, becomes more tolerant, understanding and less bigoted?

Cavan19

Quote from: Mourne Red on March 03, 2023, 12:04:09 PM

Pushed more - Doctors and Pharmaceutical companies  can make a lot of money for ongoing healthcare/procedures

Some waste of money.

Main Street

Quote from: RedHand88 on March 03, 2023, 11:46:58 AM

Exploding ? Christ

It's good you are concerned about teen suicide/suicide attempts

Facts About LGBTQ Youth Suicide
LGBTQ youth are not inherently prone to suicide risk because of their sexual orientation or gender identity but rather placed at higher risk because of how they are mistreated and stigmatized in society.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: RedHand88 on March 03, 2023, 11:46:58 AM

Exploding ? Christ

Not sure where I mentioned rates of deaths but hey whatever suits your post
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

tonto1888

Quote from: J70 on March 03, 2023, 12:13:23 PM
How about people are more comfortable coming out of the closet and getting to grips with their true selves as society, especially younger segments, becomes more tolerant, understanding and less bigoted?

It's this. Nothing more and nothing less