The Agreement - 25 years on

Started by brokencrossbar1, March 30, 2023, 01:44:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAG1

Quote from: rrhf on April 19, 2023, 12:34:25 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on April 19, 2023, 09:03:49 AM
Look at the organisation committee behind it with a correlation to the early days of the Casement project would let you know all you need to know about it.
You have attacked a great international event, a wake up call for us all and  more importantly a line in the sand which surely can help inject urgency into those refusing to share power. on the basis of some personal grievance or dislike. Build your own bridge and get over it and read the room when you are at it. Until then I think that your angle  is pathetic...

Wow took that one bad, merely pointing out the correlation in two major events.

Brick Tamlin

Previous poster isnt far off the truth. Its turning into an absolute luvvy-fest at this stage.
Serious back-slapping at this stage.
Its an opportunity for the selfie-hungry locals to get their bake snapped with a US politician / diplomat or two.
All a bit sad seeing grown women and men acting like childer hunting for a selfie.
Place is a pantomime

rrhf

I was there Monday and it parked the cynic in me. It also obvious we need to remind ourselves what has improved and what needs work on. And also the leaders of that time and the journey they were prepared to take.. it became noticeable that all there  recognise that political stalemate has meant a lack of prosperity and they need to address this.

marty34

Quote from: rrhf on April 19, 2023, 04:23:19 PM
I was there Monday and it parked the cynic in me. It also obvious we need to remind ourselves what has improved and what needs work on. And also the leaders of that time and the journey they were prepared to take.. it became noticeable that all there  recognise that political stalemate has meant a lack of prosperity and they need to address this.

Good enough to reflect on it etc. and things in the north are better than pre the GFA in terms of violence.

Main thing for me is the DUP at these events and having a brass neck after them having nothing to do with the GFA.

No self- awareness at all.  I mean, Ian Óg in that photo was embarrassing.  Just need to look at the comments on Twitter below it.

LC

https://www.newsletter.co.uk/education/leaked-chris-heaton-harris-paper-says-ni-losing-ps700m-a-year-by-failing-to-charge-for-water-prescriptions-domiciliary-care-transport-for-the-over-60s-and-gb-level-university-fees-4109483

I see this was in the press yesterday, a good day to bury bad news.

The day is coming when politicians here are going to have to make some hard calls, up to now all sides have dodged this but with it being evident that Westminster does not give two hoots about this place the days of them picking up the tab are numbered.

Saffrongael

Quote from: Brick Tamlin on April 19, 2023, 03:57:02 PM
Previous poster isnt far off the truth. Its turning into an absolute luvvy-fest at this stage.
Serious back-slapping at this stage.
Its an opportunity for the selfie-hungry locals to get their bake snapped with a US politician / diplomat or two.
All a bit sad seeing grown women and men acting like childer hunting for a selfie.
Place is a pantomime

Couldn't have put it better
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

imtommygunn

Quote from: marty34 on April 19, 2023, 05:38:56 PM
Quote from: rrhf on April 19, 2023, 04:23:19 PM

Good enough to reflect on it etc. and things in the north are better than pre the GFA in terms of violence.

Main thing for me is the DUP at these events and having a brass neck after them having nothing to do with the GFA.

No self- awareness at all.  I mean, Ian Óg in that photo was embarrassing.  Just need to look at the comments on Twitter below it.

Yeah we have come a long way and tbh it should be recognised. The days of the troubles were dark days and it should be celebrated we are not turning on the news every day listening to news stories about being murdered.

It does annoy me seeing the dup at it though. They would have this place back to dark times in an instant. I don't think it's a lack of self awareness by Paisley junior - he doesn't care.

Saffrongael

Saw a tweet from your girl Emma Da Souza, she describes herself as a "peace builder" 😔
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Brick Tamlin

Deirdre Heenan and Tina McKenzie etc.
Fuckin dose of shite.
More interested in online profile than any tangible issues that exist.
Brand exposure and personal profile building. Only show in town.

Aristo 60

Quote from: Brick Tamlin on April 19, 2023, 08:19:15 PM
Fuckin dose of shite.

+100

Wildweasel74

First savings I do, is any party not in govt, opposition as in other countries don't get paid Not save must, but it's a good start.

marty34

Quote from: Brick Tamlin on April 19, 2023, 08:19:15 PM
Fuckin dose of shite.

Correct. Heenan is on every day coming election result day.

Wait to you see!  How the heck can a uni lecturer or whatever she does get a gig on the election results day?

Orior

Deirdre Heenan is easier on the eye than some of the other doses.

She also provides a reasonable analysis and challenges unionists.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Brick Tamlin

She may do but she is slowly becoming a parody of herself.
Credibility can easily slip for some when they're seen to be in the spotlight so often and in this little island has its fair share of those who are in everything but the crib.

And this is gonna sound so sexist but has anyone else noticed a clear cabal of females across the spectrum who seem to have chummed up, Team America style to take on all comers across politics, media and social media. Strong sisterhood and all that jazz.

Rois

Quote from: Brick Tamlin on April 20, 2023, 08:34:47 AM
She may do but she is slowly becoming a parody of herself.
Credibility can easily slip for some when they're seen to be in the spotlight so often and in this little island has its fair share of those who are in everything but the crib.

And this is gonna sound so sexist but has anyone else noticed a clear cabal of females across the spectrum who seem to have chummed up, Team America style to take on all comers across politics, media and social media. Strong sisterhood and all that jazz.
Yep, it does sound so sexist.