NFL Division 1 2022

Started by Blowitupref, January 15, 2022, 08:56:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smort

Should maybe go like ice hockey, if two men want to box, let them box. Then send them off and give them a 5 game ban

Hound

I think Monaghan were a little bit lucky to get that last gasp free, looked a clear overcarrying foul to me.  Very well taken of course, and McCarron was superb throughout. Wouldn't have made any difference to the Dubs as a draw would have seen both ourselves and Monaghan relegated, but Kildare can count themselves a little unfortunate.

Armagh18

Quote from: tyrone08 on March 27, 2022, 06:04:53 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on March 27, 2022, 05:36:59 PM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on March 27, 2022, 05:04:44 PM
A slight alteration doesn't have all of both teams, subs bench and staff involved does it.
Was it a good match seeing as you were at it?

Can you provide your insight then?
Wasn't there which is why I asked. Looked to be a bit of pulling and dragging that RTE will blow out of proportion because it's Ulster teams involved.

rosnarun

Quote from: yellowcard on March 27, 2022, 10:54:27 PM
Why no footage of the man who apparently started it all off? Michael Murphy. Very grainy footage with selective bits left in and nobody highlighted out.

It's probably lucky the Sunday Game were under time constraints tonight and that it was Whelan and McStay in studio. Knowing the way things work in GAA it wouldn't surprise me if both counties get a small fine and everybody is happy (except Tyrone).
ds not Suit the mother thresa analogy the media have built up over murphy. he has alway been a ballbag on the pitch
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

imtommygunn

He's a very dirty player tbh. Absolutely fantastic but wouldn't think twice about wrecking boys.

The Hill is Blue

Well done Monaghan yesterday. Credit the Dubs, they fought to the end and almost pulled off a memorable win. And as we always say at times like this - sure it's only the league.  ;)
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

Armagh18

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 28, 2022, 09:37:11 AM
He's a very dirty player tbh. Absolutely fantastic but wouldn't think twice about wrecking boys.
nothing wrong with that!

redzone

Quote from: bennydorano on March 27, 2022, 07:40:14 PM
Armagh are where the majority of Armagh supporters thought they might be, probably slightly ahead of pre league expectations but still a fair bit from the Top 3 teams. Beat Donegal in Championship and we could be in the Ulster Final, lose and a bad back door draw and the season's over, small margins. The inflated opinions of Armagh tend to be found outside the County from what I can see.
I don't why everyone is ruling Dublin out. Very foolish. There's nothing between the big 4

iorras

Culturally the GAA doesn't want to fix this no matter what they say, if they did it would have been fixed long ago

mackers

It's a pity yet again all the chat is about the melee and not about the match. It was the cliched game of two halves for me.  Armagh did well to get to HT only down by 5 points.  Donegal were cutting us to ribbons, exposing gaps in our defence. It was particularly noticeable they were making great grounds up our right wing in front of the stand.  The fairly dramatic turnaround in the second half wasn't solely down to the introduction of O'Neill and Grugan.  We pushed up on Patton's kickouts and he folded.  There's been a lot of debate in Armagh about our goalkeeping position but Donegal have concerns there too.  We tightened up the defence and got a bit more ball in the middle third.  There's plenty for the video analysts and the respective managers to work on for the next four weeks.
As opposed to what our Tyrone friends are saying about our conditioning, it is at the same level as everyone else's at this point in the season as this game mirrored the Kerry game with Armagh the stronger team in the second half again.  Although we never really looked like winning against Kerry we could definitely could have beaten Donegal yesterday missing easy enough chances towards the end.
It is definitely all to play for in four weeks time.

Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

KickPass

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 28, 2022, 09:37:11 AM

He's a pure hallion alright. Would not look out of place in an Armagh jersey..

Armagh18

Quote from: redzone on March 28, 2022, 10:22:00 AM
Quote from: bennydorano on March 27, 2022, 07:40:14 PM
Armagh are where the majority of Armagh supporters thought they might be, probably slightly ahead of pre league expectations but still a fair bit from the Top 3 teams. Beat Donegal in Championship and we could be in the Ulster Final, lose and a bad back door draw and the season's over, small margins. The inflated opinions of Armagh tend to be found outside the County from what I can see.
I don't why everyone is ruling Dublin out. Very foolish. There's nothing between the big 4
Honestly think any of the teams in D1 capable of beating any of the others, Kerry probably a little bit ahead of the pack and Kildare a little bit behind.

Armagh definitely won't fear anyone, Mayo are Mayo they'll always be there or thereabouts, Tyrone, Monaghan and Donegal won't be easy beat and never are. Dublin look done but have too much quality to write them off, Kildare should gave them a good game in Leinster at the very least if not beat them. Could be one of the best championships in a long time.

APM

Watched some of the row there.  Couldn't make out who was involved and difficult to see much more than a bit of pulling and pushing. Didn't see many headlocks or striking, but unlike the Tyrone / Armagh match where the row was right in front of the papparazi, there doesn't seem to be much definitive flying about on social media.  Mind you, I'm sure the authorities will have all sorts of camera angles that we don't. 

Absolutely stupid for players to get involved in that shite (particularly Armagh players) in what turned out to be a meaningless game for them. 

On another note, which Armagh player gave away the penalty?

mackers

Quote from: APM on March 28, 2022, 10:45:01 AM
Watched some of the row there.  Couldn't make out who was involved and difficult to see much more than a bit of pulling and pushing. Didn't see many headlocks or striking, but unlike the Tyrone / Armagh match where the row was right in front of the papparazi, there doesn't seem to be much definitive flying about on social media.  Mind you, I'm sure the authorities will have all sorts of camera angles that we don't. 

Absolutely stupid for players to get involved in that shite (particularly Armagh players) in what turned out to be a meaningless game for them. 

On another note, which Armagh player gave away the penalty?
Crealy
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

Ethan Tremblay

So that's the end of the league, and it was interesting right up until the end with relegation and a final place all at stake. 

Well done Monaghan on top result yesterday, good morale boosting win, they should be confident knowing they can beat any team on their day. 

Not sure if Kildare will sense blood in the water, but if they are ever to win Leinster this is the year.  Dublin are not dead in the water, but that allure of being unbeatable is not there the way it used to be.

Top result for Tyrone also, again winning games will breed confidence and they are winning at the right time of the year. 

For Armagh division 1 status was their aim so well done, goes to show you need a fast start in the league. 

Donegal and Mayo are still a mixed bag to me and its hard to see if they will actually be contenders this year going off their leagues, watching them a handful of times its hard to know. 

Kerry seem to be the standout team at the moment
I tend to think of myself as a one man wolfpack...