NFL Division 1 2022

Started by Blowitupref, January 15, 2022, 08:56:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trueblue1234

Quote from: Average Score on March 15, 2022, 08:27:52 AM
The irony of this place is astonishing someone one with 2500 posts claims someone with 70 is attention seeking.  ;D ;D ;D

Do you want to add up all posts from your previous profiles before you took a hissy fit each time and got banned?
😂
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Redhand Santa on March 15, 2022, 07:52:35 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 15, 2022, 07:23:32 AM
Quote from: tyrone08 on March 15, 2022, 06:56:32 AM
Quote from: tonto1888 on March 15, 2022, 02:56:18 AM
Hampsey was stupid and he let his team down, not once, but twice.

Just rewatched the black card incident again there. That was a bad decision. There was 1 second between the dub player laying off the ball before paudie shoulder. How was he supposed to stop as he was running to shoulder the player legally. If the dub player held onto the ball for 1 second more it would have been a perfect tackle

Did he collide with the player after the ball was played?

Does it matter? The black card is being applied far too easily. The whole point of it was to penalise cynical play. Hampsey's was a mistimed tackle on a man who was out of play. Play should have continued if Dublin had an advantage and if anything Hampsey booked for a late hit if it was considered deliberate. The way boys on here are talking and the way Tyrone are being refereed all physicality is going to be removed from the game - is it any wonder the atmosphere is being diluted.

And i know referees love to come on quoting rules in the book but for the game to function in any way there has to be a bit of common sense applied.

So no rule book just common sense? So had a Dub player dumped a Tyrone lad on his arse you'd have told the Tyrone lad to man up and he deserved it for not shouldering back?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Average Score

The Tyrone lad would still be rolling around holding his face.

tyrone08

Just rewatched the black card incident again there. That was a bad decision. There was 1 second between the dub player laying off the ball before paudie shoulder. How was he supposed to stop as he was running to shoulder the player legally. If the dub player held onto the ball for 1 second more it would have been a perfect tackle

Yes literally 1 second after ball was played. If that is a back card then there would be no one left on the pitch as there are numerous slightly late tackles in every game.

He should have gotten a yellow and the outcome would be the same as he still would have been sent off. Overall it didn't matter but I struggled to see how a fraction late tackle is the same as going out of your way to cynically take a player out of the game or to deliberately pull a player down.

Redhand Santa

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 15, 2022, 08:43:26 AM

Does it matter? The black card is being applied far too easily. The whole point of it was to penalise cynical play. Hampsey's was a mistimed tackle on a man who was out of play. Play should have continued if Dublin had an advantage and if anything Hampsey booked for a late hit if it was considered deliberate. The way boys on here are talking and the way Tyrone are being refereed all physicality is going to be removed from the game - is it any wonder the atmosphere is being diluted.

And i know referees love to come on quoting rules in the book but for the game to function in any way there has to be a bit of common sense applied.

So no rule book just common sense? So had a Dub player dumped a Tyrone lad on his arse you'd have told the Tyrone lad to man up and he deserved it for not shouldering back?

I'm referring to the black card incident and the use of it, not the shoulder that he got the second yellow for. The black card was not brought in for mistimed tackles on the ball. It was brought it to cut cynicism such as a pull down of someone through on goal or pulling down/blocking a run of the ball. 

Armagh18

Quote from: Redhand Santa on March 15, 2022, 09:41:24 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 15, 2022, 08:43:26 AM

I'm referring to the black card incident and the use of it, not the shoulder that he got the second yellow for. The black card was not brought in for mistimed tackles on the ball. It was brought it to cut cynicism such as a pull down of someone through on goal or pulling down/blocking a run of the ball.
I'd agree with you but by the book it's a black card. Rule book needs burned though because that was barely a foul never mind a black card.

Captain Scarlet

Any Monaghan folk here? I have no clue how it will pan out on Sunday but there are calls for a lot of changes on the Kildare forum but we do tend to so feckin up and down we might be on a good day next week...

Christ, I just want to see the team play on a half-decent day that doesn't involve mud and hailstones with winds swirling around...
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Armagh18

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on March 15, 2022, 10:31:11 AM
Any Monaghan folk here? I have no clue how it will pan out on Sunday but there are calls for a lot of changes on the Kildare forum but we do tend to so feckin up and down we might be on a good day next week...

Christ, I just want to see the team play on a half-decent day that doesn't involve mud and hailstones with winds swirling around...
From watching you last week- Flynn would really need to up his game for you's to stand a chance, was kept almost totally out of the game last week. Whoever was on Rian O'Neill last week did a superb job as good as there has been all year, think it was the number 3. Your half forward line was impressive especially number 11. 

Hopefully the weather picks up for all games at the weekend anyway.

Schkite

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on March 15, 2022, 10:31:11 AM

Hard to know how that game will go, I've been impressed with Kildare this year and they're a tough nut to crack at home so it's a big challenge for Monaghan. Very happy we were finally able to take the majority of our chances against Donegal and get a deserved win - with the exception of the disaster against Kerry, we could have won any of our other games but were so wasteful that we paid for it. Hoping this win will give us a boost, but honestly we're so up and down ourselves that who knows.

Redhand Santa

Quote from: Average Score on March 15, 2022, 08:53:46 AM

Isn't that exactly what Forker did to get McManus sent off? Red card rescinded on video evidence.

Armagh18

Quote from: Redhand Santa on March 15, 2022, 08:13:00 PM

Isn't that exactly what Forker did to get McManus sent off? Red card rescinded on video evidence.
that never should have been rescinded. Have seen footage of a clear strike. Yes Forker went down easily but a punch is a punch.

The Bearded One

Quote from: Armagh18 on March 15, 2022, 09:12:51 PM

that never should have been rescinded. Have seen footage of a clear strike. Yes Forker went down easily but a punch is a punch.

Finally an Armagh man who agrees that Diarmuid Marsden deserved his red card in 2003.

A punch is a punch.
It is what it is. Presumably.

Average Score

Am assuming you were a glint in your da's eye in 2003.

Orior

Quote from: The Bearded One on March 15, 2022, 10:33:27 PM

Finally an Armagh man who agrees that Diarmuid Marsden deserved his red card in 2003.

A punch is a punch.

Isn't it a bit late to be still fishing?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Main Street

Quote from: Orior on March 15, 2022, 11:41:54 PM
Quote from: The Bearded One on March 15, 2022, 10:33:27 PM

A punch is a punch.
Isn't it a bit late to be still fishing?
Forker is not a man.