NFL Division 1 2022

Started by Blowitupref, January 15, 2022, 08:56:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 31, 2022, 02:50:29 PM
Some keepers by reputation will add pressure regardless of how good you are and will make you think, Cluxton probably had that in his locker over the years which helped his natural ability

There are probably instances of teams over the years taking a point against Dublin because the reputation of the goalie put them off going for a more or less certain goal.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Blowitupref

TG4 presenter Micheál Ó Domhnaill has fired back at criticism of the channel's coverage of Sunday's Allianz Football League games between Mayo and Donegal, and Tyrone and Monaghan

"I just want to thank the great crew with Nemeton TV and TVM Outside Broadcast Facilities for their work in horrendous weather today. For both Mayo v Donegal and Tyrone v Monaghan matches the crew was put to the pin of their collars to broadcast pictures and sound. For the uninformed Twitter bashers I'd like to point out a few things.

"There is no camera system in the world that will self clean the lens when the rain is driving directly into it.

"The camera operator has to wait until another camera is cut to air before wiping the lens. If the rain continues, as it did almost without a break today, the lens will only be clear momentarily before the rain covers [the] lens again.

"The cameras are as protected from the rain as possible - thanks to those who put links to camera covers (as if these weren't in place already)! All of the camera, bar the lens, is protected, but some people seem to think that the lens should also be protected. I'd love to hear how.

"Omagh and Sligo are exposed pitches. There is no way of broadcasting from within the stands (pylons, restrictions on the public, health and safety, etc.). Therefore, unlike Semple Stadium, Croke Park and some other locations, there is no covered stand to protect the camera positions in either Markievicz Park or Healy Park. Even if a camera gantry with a cover had been built for today to cover the camera positions, this wouldn't have made a jot of difference as the rain blew directly into the camera positions.

"No other broadcaster would have been able to do [a] better job in the conditions. As part of the GAA Beo team we did everything we could to provide entertainment - as we do every Sunday

"And even as we're drying off the equipment - not to mention ourselves - we're looking forward already to getting out next weekend for the next round of matches.

"Gach rath, go raibh maith agaibh as é seo a léamh."

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Armamike

Quote from: Main Street on January 31, 2022, 02:30:42 PM
Quote from: Tubberman on January 31, 2022, 11:33:12 AM
Jesus, Armagh are entitled to enjoy beating the dubs in croker. what's the point if you can't enjoy a win like that.
There's a line between enjoying such a victory and getting carried away with it.

Bertie, Bono, Bob Geldof, Brendan O'Carroll, Dustin the turkey etc etc your boys took a hell of a beating.  Those of us over 21 and with a football memory won't be getting carried away.  I'd rather be beating any Dublin side well than getting tanked by them though.  The two pleasing things for me was how Armagh played as a team and the subs bench. We had 4 or 5 very good players to come on, who could make a difference to the game. Tyrone will obviously be a very different game and a team that is more defensively minded than  Dublin. Would imagine we won't get the same space up front and will be interesting to see how we cope with that.
That's just, like your opinion man.

tonto1888

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 31, 2022, 02:01:46 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on January 31, 2022, 01:58:32 PM
Jesus, Armagh are entitled to enjoy beating the dubs in croker. what's the point if you can't enjoy a win like that.
Yes well entitled to enjoy beating Dublin pulling up in Croke Park. What would the hype be like with the media if Kerry, Mayo and Tyrone beat Dublin in a similar manner?

Contenders for Sam or contenders for winning the league I'd assume, if Armagh improved as the league progresses and grow in confidence then there is no reason as to why they won't contend. The All Ireland is usually won by div 1 teams, so there are only 7 teams to beat  ;)

I'd take getting to the ulster final and hopefully winning that. Long way before that tho

tonto1888

There's a line between enjoying such a victory and getting carried away with it.

Who's getting carried away. Not Armagh fans. We know that as sure flies follow shit there will be a big comedown with this Armagh team following then getting our hopes up. I'd love to be wrong though but past experiences tell me I won't be

Orior

Quote from: tonto1888 on January 31, 2022, 06:33:52 PM

Who's getting carried away. Not Armagh fans. We know that as sure flies follow shit there will be a big comedown with this Armagh team following then getting our hopes up. I'd love to be wrong though but past experiences tell me I won't be

How many from Kilmacud would walk straight onto the Dublin team?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Main Street

Jesus, you Armagh boys are touchy,  match day emotions not previously experienced since two decades have brought ye all to the raw edges ;D
Breathe.
I was trying to explain to Tubberman in a few words  that the Armagh fans were certainly enjoying the result, but not getting carried away. "Not getting carried away" by the result was interpreted by Tman as ye lot  not enjoying the result.

Main Street

Quote from: Blowitupref on January 31, 2022, 03:23:14 PM
TG4 presenter Micheál Ó Domhnaill has fired back at criticism of the channel's coverage of Sunday's Allianz Football League games between Mayo and Donegal, and Tyrone and Monaghan

"I just want to thank the great crew with Nemeton TV and TVM Outside Broadcast Facilities for their work in horrendous weather today. For both Mayo v Donegal and Tyrone v Monaghan matches the crew was put to the pin of their collars to broadcast pictures and sound. For the uninformed Twitter bashers I'd like to point out a few things.

"There is no camera system in the world that will self clean the lens when the rain is driving directly into it.

"The camera operator has to wait until another camera is cut to air before wiping the lens. If the rain continues, as it did almost without a break today, the lens will only be clear momentarily before the rain covers [the] lens again.

"The cameras are as protected from the rain as possible - thanks to those who put links to camera covers (as if these weren't in place already)! All of the camera, bar the lens, is protected, but some people seem to think that the lens should also be protected. I'd love to hear how.

"Omagh and Sligo are exposed pitches. There is no way of broadcasting from within the stands (pylons, restrictions on the public, health and safety, etc.). Therefore, unlike Semple Stadium, Croke Park and some other locations, there is no covered stand to protect the camera positions in either Markievicz Park or Healy Park. Even if a camera gantry with a cover had been built for today to cover the camera positions, this wouldn't have made a jot of difference as the rain blew directly into the camera positions.

"No other broadcaster would have been able to do [a] better job in the conditions. As part of the GAA Beo team we did everything we could to provide entertainment - as we do every Sunday

"And even as we're drying off the equipment - not to mention ourselves - we're looking forward already to getting out next weekend for the next round of matches.

"Gach rath, go raibh maith agaibh as é seo a léamh."
At Healy Pk. while the centrally positioned cameras were being taken off air and dried, the elevated cameras behind the goals were brought into use much more than normal. Those camera positions  behind the goal gave the tv viewer a much better perspective  on many aspects of the game, eg. the movement of the players at kick outs.   

An Watcher

Have to say, the cameras behind the goal were indeed excellent for the kick outs.  As you say you could see the tactical moves of all the players.  With regard to the armagh game, is mcgeary out due to being sent off?

Gael85

Quote from: Orior on January 31, 2022, 07:37:31 PM

Who’s getting carried away. Not Armagh fans. We know that as sure flies follow shit there will be a big comedown with this Armagh team following then getting our hopes up. I’d love to be wrong though but past experiences tell me I won’t be

How many from Kilmacud would walk straight onto the Dublin team?

Paul Mannion but obviously not involved.  Dara Mullen and Cillian O'Shea only Crokes players on Dublin panel but they won't start. Would have Andy McGowan in there. Love to see Rory O'Carroll involved but can't see him returning.

Gael85

Quote from: Armagh18 on January 31, 2022, 11:31:52 AM
Quote from: illdecide on January 31, 2022, 10:38:40 AM
I certainly won't get carried away by Armagh's great performance on Sat nite, one thing i've learned from Armagh over the years is after a great result like that there a few nasty ones around the corner. They played great on the night but Dublin will improve a lot and we were probably at our best and not much more in the tank. It was a great result and hopefully can grind out another 3-4 pts from somewhere to stay up...That's all i'm thinking of at this stage is staying up and Sat's game has given us a much better chance of doing so...

As for Sunday's game with our neighbours that will be interesting...Armagh like to play football so Tyrone will be in their element and will probably end up a shoot out so expect a different game to what you seen Tyrone v Monaghan yesterday.
Definitely not getting carried away but one thing I would say is there's about 5 lads who could come in and start on that team and probably improve it. Croke Park definitely suits us. Tyrone will be a totally different prospect though!!

Armagh well deserved the win. Was thinking Armagh were missing a few players. Is Murnin injured? Always impressed with him.

toby47

Quote from: An Watcher on January 31, 2022, 09:47:34 PM
Have to say, the cameras behind the goal were indeed excellent for the kick outs.  As you say you could see the tactical moves of all the players.  With regard to the armagh game, is mcgeary out due to being sent off?

No suspension for 2 yellows

Wildweasel74

The camera man took to the 55th min to wipe a centre field camera at the Mayo game, so I don't know what the Tg4 rep blabbing about.

Gael85

Quote from: toby47 on January 31, 2022, 11:28:34 PM
Quote from: An Watcher on January 31, 2022, 09:47:34 PM

No suspension for 2 yellows

If sent off previous for double yellow cards in last 48 weeks I think a suspension applies?

Captain Scarlet

I know you can only read so much into the first game on a horrible day, but from a Kildare point of view I was delighted with the draw and the fact that we were the ones clawing it back at the end.
Still, Kerry had the ball for around a minute with a draw game and a minute left and they were afraid to really go for a score. I know there is a patient game and wait for a gap but like it was very poor.

The Dubs no longer have the bench to still out out the likes of a Kev Mc, McCauley and Paddy Andrews to name but a few to ease into the league either. Iheard James McCarthy is still suffering post-Covid too. I think we will have a real cut at them in Newbridge too and it'll be a bit of craic.

The season is nice and compact overall so there is less time to get things right, so it could mean some good games. Even after that good performance I know we will struggle with so few home games.

Looking forward to the weekend already!

them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.