NFL Division 1 2022

Started by Blowitupref, January 15, 2022, 08:56:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jell 0 Biafra

Some lovely scores from Armagh. Nice win, and very promising for the future.

GaillimhIarthair

Really impressive display from Armagh, could only admire their style of play and seem to have plenty of lads that are well fit to kick scores.  It bodes well for the coming season.
The Dubs have obviously regressed and are back in the pack for sure.  Another few results like that and Dessie will start to feel the heat. 

RedHand88

Quote from: Rudi on January 29, 2022, 08:54:03 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on January 29, 2022, 08:50:31 PM
Quote from: Hound on January 29, 2022, 08:42:18 PM
Quote from: Rudi on January 29, 2022, 08:29:53 PM
See what Fenton is made of now, some effort at a point there.
Exactly right.
'A league game in January shows what a real man is made of. Feck those All Ireland semi finals and finals. Any decent player should be able to knock it over from 35 yards, even if they're knocked off balance when striking it.

Rattled.

Petulant  ;D

:-P

bennydorano

Rian o neill was obviously Rolls Royce material but Jarly Og Burns was my MOTM, he was relentless up his wing. Grugan was class too

Impressive from Armagh but the Dubs would be worth a sneaky £50 for Sam this evening.

dec

For the Dublin goal it looked like a clear square ball. Ross McGarry (22) is clearly standing in the square before he received the ball.

dec

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on January 29, 2022, 10:27:50 PM
Quote from: dec on January 29, 2022, 10:21:46 PM
For the Dublin goal it looked like a clear square ball. Ross McGarry (22) is clearly standing in the square before he received the ball.
For it to be a square ball, he would have to be in the square when the ball was kicked in?

He clearly wasn't.

Apologies, I thought the rule was in before the ball.

and apparently the rule has been changed for 10 years https://hoganstand.com/article/index/166506

RedHand88

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on January 29, 2022, 10:52:30 PM
Quote from: dec on January 29, 2022, 10:37:49 PM
For it to be a square ball, he would have to be in the square when the ball was kicked in?

He clearly wasn't.

and apparently the rule has been changed for 10 years https://hoganstand.com/article/index/166506
Yip. I wouldn't worry, you are just one of thousands who challenge referees' decisions when they haven't the faintest notion of the rules.

Yea it was too hard to decide what moment a ball crosses a line on the ground when it's 30m in the air!

armaghniac

Quote from: RedHand88 on January 29, 2022, 10:58:22 PM
Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on January 29, 2022, 10:52:30 PM

He clearly wasn't.

Yip. I wouldn't worry, you are just one of thousands who challenge referees' decisions when they haven't the faintest notion of the rules.

Yea it was too hard to decide what moment a ball crosses a line on the ground when it's 30m in the air!

Unless of course the ball came from a free kick.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

The Hill is Blue

Well deserved win for Armagh tonight. But I'd venture to say that it will be the last time that Armagh will beat Dublin this year.
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

Main Street

He clearly wasn't.

I thought the ref did well, kept calm, observant and didn't fall for the histrionic exaggerations after slight contact was made.

Jell 0 Biafra

Agreed, HIB.

Except, of course, in the unlikely event that they happen to play one another again.

clarshack

Am I missing something about all the complaints about geoblocking in relation to the game in Croke Park this evening? Surely nearly everybody has an aerial?

naka

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on January 29, 2022, 11:37:05 PM
Well deserved win for Armagh tonight. But I'd venture to say that it will be the last time that Armagh will beat Dublin this year.
Agreed that you will be a different proposition come the summer but
We will take tonight and enjoy
Armagh are building a serious side at the moment
Our bench was stronger than dublins
Next week is where we are looking at
If we beat Tyrone then  things will get interesting

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Rudi on January 29, 2022, 08:58:20 PM
Always thought Jim Gavin was a quality manager.

Me too even though I had a deep dislike for him.

Fair play to Armagh, one swallow doesn't make a summer, but I'd be optimistic enough if I was an Armagh man. Rian O'Neill was excellent and Grugan gave some lovely passes in as well. Dublin seem to be back with the rest of the pack. Is it Kerry next week for Dublin?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

mup

Well done Armagh. John Small still doing what John Small does.

I hope the Kieran McGeeney thread on res dubs is resurrected tonight. ;)