St. Molaise Gaels
Ballymote
Calry/St. Joseph's
Tourlestrane
St. Mary's
St. Farnan's
St. John's

jjjshabadoojnr

Sligonian. Jesus man, you are losing the run of yourself. I know we are all pissed off with the way things are going at the moment, but to make comments like that about one of your own is in my opinion the most cowardly act. Would you say this to him face to face if you met him. From what I hear he is one of the more dedicated trainers on the Sligo Senior Panel. Everyone is entitled to their opinion as long as it is a reasoned one. I feel you should retract those disgraceful comments about E.McHugh. I am disgusted.
Getting back to the u-21 game. It was a serious Jekyl and Hyde performance. In the first half our midfield were outstanding and working in tandem with one another. One stayed put and minded the middle whilst the other broke forward and vice -versa. Henry was superb in the that 1st half. Super ball being deliverd into the full forward line. One criticism I would have is I thought Kelly could have got a few more scores. If only he had the conviction to put the ball over when he steals the half yard on his man. Coen did nt have to think twice about it.
As always seems to be the case the game changed when  they went down to 14. They seemed to flood the defence and play a running game supporting their men before letting the ball in quick once they crossed the half way line. The Sligo management tried deploying Ewing in front of the full back line but he didnt really influence matters. I cant remenber us winning primary possesion too often in the second half. Look ross built up a serious head of steam, but I would like to see how many kickable frees that Sligo conceded to Shine in the 2nd half. I would guess that if we had cut out some ot those frees we would have held on. Its all ifs and buts now.
Yet again Sligonian I think you should retract those comments.

jjjshabadoojnr

As for Con, well as Seanie said he has the medals to show for his efforts, and if your clubmen had half the commitment then maybe ye wouldn't be such a useless shower for an amalgamation of that size.

Granted the comments re the much travelled Con were also despicable. However, OMS, I don't think you are in a position to throw around comments about St.Molaise Gaels and their commitment. What do you know of the levels of commitment shown by players from this club. Are you there at 8 O'Clock in the morning keeping a watching eye when these lads are pounding the beach in Mullaghmore?  I am sure you play football yourself and  you will know that playing club football at even Intermediate level requires a serious level of of dedication. So to condemn Sligonian (rightly) for his comments and simultaneously insult his club smacks of double standards.

Owenmoresider

Quote from: jjjshabadoojnr on April 01, 2008, 05:28:21 PM

As for Con, well as Seanie said he has the medals to show for his efforts, and if your clubmen had half the commitment then maybe ye wouldn't be such a useless shower for an amalgamation of that size.

Granted the comments re the much travelled Con were also despicable. However, OMS, I don't think you are in a position to throw around comments about St.Molaise Gaels and their commitment. What do you know of the levels of commitment shown by players from this club. Are you there at 8 O'Clock in the morning keeping a watching eye when these lads are pounding the beach in Mullaghmore?  I am sure you play football yourself and  you will know that playing club football at even Intermediate level requires a serious level of of dedication. So to condemn Sligonian (rightly) for his comments and simultaneously insult his club smacks of double standards.
Thinking about it, it was probably a bit harsh alright, so i'll happily retract that. The commitment aspect (certainly of those who do play) was not what I wanted to get at. Do feel however that for an area covering three former clubs, that they should be much better than struggling to get back up to Senior, especially when you see how Castleconnor, Bunninadden, Geevagh etc. have done. The attitude towards us in the league last year doesn't help either.

One thing re SMG, this wasn't the first time sligonian slated one of his own here, slagged off their midfielder after last year's semi, seen him playing aganst us the other week, while he's not the greatest, and there are a few of his vintage playing, I wouldn't mind if we had a few of that either, certainly for experience, strength etc. We lost a whole group of players for various reasons, and the result is a small, not terribly physical panel and a team basically of U-25's. Pat's tossed us around two years ago and not a whole pile has changed in the intervening period. It could be our undoing later in the year.

SLIGONIAN

Right so I read everything and here goes for what its worth, I apologise to all of yee including player involved, completely lost the run of myself. No excuse, even if I believed to be true I should keep it to myself.

I know most of yee Ive pissed off at this stage. I feel same. That is fairly obvious that Im not on here to make friends, I really dont know Im on here actually since as seanie says I am so loved on hoganstand and I know most of yee feel superior to that board. So in that I may, do everyone including myself a favour and delete myself from this board. I will consider over the next few days.

Few things I want to say first, Ive been called an idiot, atteantion seeker, school kid type logic, Of course I disagree and think there harsh words and insulting.
Seanie I gues I'll start with you, I stand by what I said about C o meara, as GAAMOD3 didnt find anything wrong or insulting neither do I. It is purely based on football context. From the day i rightly criticised Quinn youve been on my case. If it was any other clubmen I am quite sure you wouldnt get so ryled. You are human so I wont hold against you.

Buckass- It was in my opinion the worst underage team Galway side ive seen for many a day. I made no reference to sean og or any Galway management so I dont get that you mentioned that. Other thing is it a team sport but players are only too quick to get SINGLED out when they play well. Players have to be able to take criticism. On the u21 game and the many sligo people Ive spoken too all were one in that we lost it on the line. Ask even ros or go on to the u21 thread. Your are right I have NO appreciation for the time and effort put in by players. It is NO SACRIFICE. Players love the game or get something out of it way more than they put in. Read oisin mcconvilles book. At least they can play. Even supporting I expect no pat on the back for going to games. I give up my time and spend money following Sligo. It is the least I can do. So no I dont buy that.

I want you to explain to me what you meant by this, "it is astounding that an untapped talent such as yours isnt sought after in his own club" Do you know me personnally and my life circumstances. I dont come on here slagging any of yee for going to the odd sligo game. We all have lives to live and some just cant go or just can be bothered to go the odd time. I was asked by my club becuase Im so well resepected to train my local national school one year when I could do it and we got to the final for first time ever 2yr ago. That is only the begining I plan to give my club lots more commitment playing and coaching wise when my life situation allows me in future.

Owenmoresider- Respect is earned and I clearly dont have yours. I think I can live without it. You seem an expert on our club. I could go into for ya if your that interested somethings tell me not. Dont know what atitude we have towards your club either i know one of your clubmen really well. Soundest man you could meet so. Calling me an attention seeker is false and insulting. I know yourself and seanie go on how imature I am but not a very mature reaction in yer case so it goes two ways. Slagging off my AFR thread does genuinely disappoint me considering what I said and how open I was and does not reflect well on you(i got that saying from the rest of yee). It is irrelvant also to this thread.

JJJ- just because anyone has medals doesnt neccessarly mean there good players. There is no one rule in football, like just because players was good doesnt mean he'll be good coach, if a player doesnt reach the heights for whatever reason doesnt mean he wont be good coach. You either have football brain or not simple. Some players get carried on there size thats my point. If he was 5-5 would he played county. Jack o connor played only vocational school for kerry, in his book his size 5-7 always went against him but he had the brain. Ive had similiar experience with sligo. God help yee if in 15yrs time I manage me county. It would b a dream. I have the ruthless streak too. ;)

Its just ridiculus the amount of times Ive come on here and have to defend myself. It is pointless that it descends to this always. This isnt uncommon and but this time I have brought it on. One thing I think some of yee are deluded with, is I only represent myself and yee only represent yereselves adn that is a fact. None of us can speak for anyone else. God help our county if SOME yer views are to taken seriously in a footballing context. ::). That is probably why I can leave here peacefully.

"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Teeling Gael

Fortunately I missed the initial comment by the poster and by what's left, I can't even imagine what was said. Didn't think he could get worse than the libellous attack on T Brehony, his attack on his clubmate last year as detailed by OMS and now again a clubmate who represents the county that our poster alleges he is so passionate about (no true Sligo Gael would attack this man and his father who put so much time into their county as personally).

One only needs to reread his attack on Con to see how bizarre his logic is. Buckass tore this apart much better than I possibly could. Again his regular self praise for attending county matches etc is particularly grating. I only know the identity of Mano, OMS, Paddyp and Seanie of the regulars here and I know that each of them have put more time into Sligo GAA at grassroots level than the poster will by attending Sligo matches for the rest of his life and I have never heard them boast once about their dedication to Sligo GAA. Then that's what true Sligo Gaels do.

On a lighter note, I have to take issue with Seanie on his detailing of Cons CV. Surely you should have said 3 county medals and a Benson cup medal A unique combination but sadly the neglected Benson cup medal is the centrepiece of Teeling Gaels medal collection !!

I see that as I type, the poster has announced he is leaving to board to manage Sligo after been rejected as a player for been too small.In an emotional good bye he forgives Seanie, as he is only human. Sadly OMS and himself seem to have parted on bad terms and I don't even merit a mention. There is only quote that summarise the departing poster and should be his Gaaboard epitaph

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on April 01, 2008, 07:45:32 PM
God help yee if in 15yrs time I manage me county.

SLIGONIAN

The plot thickens and my suspicions are confirmed, teeling gael, OMS, Seanie, Mano and PaddyP all know each other. It makes perfect sense to me now why yee never disagree. Like when someone said a few weeks ago K O NEILL a definate starter for the county. That shocked me especially well all the buddies came in and agreed wholeheartly based on SCHOOL KID LOGIC actually there is no logic to that based on the last 6yrs. Anyway teeling gael thanks a mill for that. That has made my year. ;D

JJJ - just a word of advice do not say anything negative about coolera strandhill. Definitly do not say K quinn is slow or oneill never did anything at county level only flatter to decieve. Definitly dont say the TRUTH because these guys cant handle the truth. An attack they call it. Define what that means if you will. They talk of my attack on brehony, I just heard something and posted it here which I shouldnt have even if my source was right. My other attack ::) was on certain midfielder at our club who I dont think is worth his place especially in that position in footballing terms but I blame management fo selecting him.

And just a word of note a couple a months back a thread was created on who is the most annoying poster on this GAABOARD. Remind me seanie how many times was your name mentioned. I guess you not well liked outside your click.

Thank you so much Teeling Gael... ;) It all makes sense at last. Yer opinions are worthless to me now that I know that. AT LEAST I HAVE A MIND OF MY OWN. No wonder yee always put me down. Ye were always more focused on that than talking SLIGO FOOTBALL.

PS lads yee great sligo gaels as teeling gael says, Enjoy the synopsis of the LOUTH game, Im sure ye'll all be there. ;D
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Mano

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on April 01, 2008, 11:55:22 PM
The plot thickens and my suspicions are confirmed, teeling gael, OMS, Seanie, Mano and PaddyP all know each other.

Sligonian just to confirm that i don't know any of the above posters personally-i know Seanie's name as a clubmate who knows i contribute to this board told me his name and from his intelligent but few posts of late i'm 90% sure i know who Paddyp is.

I missed your initial rant on your clubmate but from the reaction of all the other posters and the action of the moderator it must have been disgraceful. I had a go a you last year over your disgraceful comments you made regarding another clubmate of yours late year.
We were all dissappointed with the results at the weekend in particular the under 21 result when we seemed to be in an unassailable position and we all have our own opinions on how we threw it away but personal criticism is no way to . I was particularly annoyed by the failure of a clubmate of mine McIntyre not getting a run but i didn't castigate either O'Meara or O'Flaherty as they are the managers and nobody knows what goes on behind the scenes.

Just a final point on O'Meara-he won 2 county medals with myself at Tourlestrane (not his home club). His committment and passion were a credit despite suffering many serious injuries during that time. An indiction of his desire was county final 97 where he got a belt to the 'groin area' in first half which resulted in a bad gash but he would not come off at half time despite hospital medical staff in dressing room trying to take him to ambulance. He came out for second half and was best player on the pitch. He may not have been very skilful but what he lacked in skill he made up in physicality and desire. But for injuries he sustained in both county finals we may have done more in Connaught as he freed O'Hara to a more forward role and a battler is needed in the midfield excahnges at Connaught level. You attack on him is unwarrented and a disgrace and i think you should retract it immediately.

Owenmoresider

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on April 01, 2008, 11:55:22 PM
The plot thickens and my suspicions are confirmed, teeling gael, OMS, Seanie, Mano and PaddyP all know each other. It makes perfect sense to me now why yee never disagree.
Yeah, we're all best buddies. Off to Toffs every weekend for a big drinking session, have a secret handshake too.

Seriously what are you on about? A poster may be able to figure out others, it's not too hard sometimes. Like for example I think I may have a clue to your identity now. And we aren't close.

QuoteAnd just a word of note a couple a months back a thread was created on who is the most annoying poster on this GAABOARD. Remind me seanie how many times was your name mentioned. I guess you not well liked outside your click.
You'd get all the Sligo nominations now for sure, but we wouldn't bother with that. Some Down posters may opt for you too. BTW you remember how that thread panned out, with certain posters threatening others to 'take this outside'? You should be wary of that.

QuotePS lads yee great sligo gaels as teeling gael says, Enjoy the synopsis of the LOUTH game, Im sure ye'll all be there. ;D
Well I do expect to be there anyway, but sure I only speak for myself. Was only going because I was told that the CB were offering a gold medal for attending it, but I was disappointed to learn that you had to be from the Grange area and support Leeds to get it. "34 years, f*** all" is the winning code apparently.

QuoteSlagging off my AFR thread does genuinely disappoint me considering what I said and how open I was and does not reflect well on you(i got that saying from the rest of yee). It is irrelvant also to this thread.
Not relevant too here, to it is to your overall manner. We would accept it if you could only avoid criticising people in the manner you of Brehony, O'Meara and your won clubmates.But obviously you haven't learned anything. Incidentallly if you are so keen to emphasise that your 'life difficulties' think you are above other posters or supporters, then why not spit it out? Or is it a "would ya hit me and the baby in me arms' kind of thing? Perhaps this video sums up your attitude to criticism of you.www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHmvkRoEowc

BTW TG - quality post.

Teeling Gael

Found it hard to believe that if McIntyre was on the panel Mano , that he wasnt on the pitch. Hence my assumption the other day that he mustn't be on the panel. Based on club championship last year , he certainly was amongst the best U21's in the county. Personally not a great believer in trials and certainly not at U21 level and hopefully a management team will be in place for 2009 before this years club championship thus letting the managemnt analyse the players in the white heat of championship rather than in trials in November.

Anyone with  half a brain and some knowledge of club football with the county would know the identity of Seanie , Mano and Paddyp. The low key profile of Owenmore Gaels and lack of clues in our usernames would help anomity of myself and OMS. Much as I would like too , cant say I am friends with any of the posters on the board though often toyed with idea of a meet up at Xmas somewhere.

See with the postponement of Round 7 of the national leagues next weekend , it will mean another weekend without the county players for the clubs. Feel with all the breaks for "warm up competitions" and poor weather , it has slightly dilluted the leagues somewhat this year and yet we are only 5 rounds away from a 5 week break for the leagues. Cant help but wonder should the warm ups be all played mid week . Appreciate that with county players unavailable and with players away working and in college it may not be feasible but it would certainly concentrate the season way better. I imagine Owenmore Gaels are unique from a demographics point of view in that mid week actually propably would suit our panel better than weekends.

magpie seanie

Where should I start? I think its all been said. Far from being "buddy, buddy" I'd be regularly challenged and disagreed with by all the Sligo posters here and that is good and healthy. I have my views like everyone else but I accept I can be wrong sometimes. Criticism only bothers me if it doesn't come from airheads and thankfully crticism of that type has been infrequent. Sligonian hasn't been ganged up on unfairly despite his wounded martyr act. There's nothing more to say.

Back to the real issues - obviously we all know how good McIntyre was in the club championship last year and the rich potential he has. He's young yet and hopefully we will get to see the best of him in the Sligo shirt in the not too distant future.

On the leagues thing - I'd assume county players would now be made available for the weekend of April 13th thus cancelling out their unavailability on the weekend of the 20th. I know from our clubs point of view that midweek games would present huge difficulties pre-June. I even had to play in the Connacht Kenny Cup last year for our seniors! We have games next Tues (senior) and Wed (inter) and it will be a job to get players out for both. I still think the solution is 10 game leagues with a further 10 games in a secondary competition - some of the games in which could be played midweek in the summer, without county players.

Teeling Gael

Even though I would like less league matches myself , I dont expect  the model to change soon and in fairness there are worse things wrong in Sligo football. I just look at the 3 week gap in may and 4 week gap in July and query why are we playing football in February. To me the logical solution is start the league later and run the so called "warm up matches" midweek in June and July when college students etc are more available and when there is gaps in the schedule for county matches , league finals etc as there is this year. Owing to the importance of the Benson cup in my medal collection maybe I am biased but to call these once important competitions warm ups is slightly demeaning.

Dont know Seanie with the Sligo match on the 20th going to be a winner takes all game , whether the county players will be released for the club matches on the 13th.

Owenmoresider

While I'd be prepared to do away with the warm-up comps if need be, perhaps the league could be changed. Prefer the old 12-team Div 1 myself, could do the same for Div 2 and leave Div 3 at 8-10, depending on likelihood of competing properly (and to be fair, the early signs from D4 this year are more encouraging). Can't see it changing for a while yet though.

Important game tomorrow - the neighbours arrive in a bad run of form, they may be fighting to stay up this time, especially if they lose (and we tanked them at this stage last year). Conversely a win for us would leave us in a rather secure position in the Division, maybe even - whisper it quietly - tilting at a promotion challenge....

magpie seanie

Quotethe neighbours arrive in a bad run of form

Maybe playing two games a weekend is catching up with them. Sure if their first team gets relegated then their "second team" might replace them in Div 3 next year!

magpie seanie

Nursing a few bumps and bruises from a physical enough encounter but the win eases the pain. Several fellas let us down badly meaning we had a weak enough outfit but we battled and ended St. Michaels 100% Div 4 record. Not so good for the seniors who were deservedly beaten by Tubber, though the scoreline flatters them a bit. They were hanging on for dear life at the end and when our final attack broke down they went to the other end and got a goal. Elsewhere in Div 1 Harps and Tourlestrane drew, Ballymote made it 3 wins out of 4 away to Easkey and Bunninadden hammered Curry which was an eyebrow raiser.

Owenmoresider

Sunday 06th April 2008
Abbott Cup Group 2
St Molaise Gaels  1-4 3-9 Tourlestrane  St Molaise Gaels Round 3 
Benson Cup Group 2
St Johns  0-9 0-5 Cloonacool  St Johns Round 3 
League Division 4
Coolera-Strandhill  1-9 1-7 St Michaels  Coolera Round 5 

Saturday 05th April 2008
League Division 1
Tubbercurry  2-7 0-9 Coolera-Strandhill  Tubbercurry Round 5 
Easkey  0-4 1-5 Ballymote  Easkey Round 5 
Curry  0-6 1-12 Bunninadden  Curry Round 5 

League Division 2
Castleconnor  0-8 1-2 Drumcliffe Rosses Point  Castleconnor Round 5 
Shamrock Gaels  1-11 0-11 Calry/St Josephs  Shamrock Gaels Round 5 
Eastern Harps  0-3 0-5 Geevagh  Eastern Harps Round 5 
St Marys  2-7 0-3 St Farnans  St Marys Round 5 

League Division 3
Cloonacool  1-0 1-9 St Patricks  Cloonacool Round 5 
Owenmore Gaels  1-8 0-14 St Michaels  Owenmore Gaels Round 5 
Enniscrone/Kilglass  0-7 1-7 St Johns  Enniscrone Round 5 
Curry  0-3 1-7 St Molaise Gaels  Curry Round 5 

League Division 4
St Marys  0-1 2-8 St Molaise Gaels  St Marys Round 5 
Ballisodare  1-4 1-12 Tourlestrane  Ballisodare Round 5 

Friday 04th April 2008
League Division 1
Tourlestrane  0-8 1-5 Eastern Harps  Tourlestrane Round 5

League table for League Division 1
Team P W L D P+ P- Pts
Ballymote  4 3 1 0 40 36 6
Tourlestrane  4 1 1 2 44 36 4
Bunninadden  4 2 2 0 43 36 4
Tubbercurry  4 2 2 0 35 32 4
Curry  4 2 2 0 39 43 4
Coolera-Strandhill  4 2 2 0 45 52 4
Easkey  4 1 2 1 31 35 3
Eastern Harps  4 1 2 1 32 39 3

League table for League Division 2
Team P W L D P+ P- Pts
Geevagh  4 3 0 1 44 39 7
St Marys  4 2 0 2 56 31 6
Shamrock Gaels  4 2 1 1 40 38 5
Castleconnor  4 2 2 0 41 35 4
Drumcliffe Rosses Point  4 2 2 0 42 53 4
Eastern Harps  4 1 2 1 45 45 3
Calry/St Josephs  4 1 3 0 51 55 2
St Farnans  4 0 3 1 34 57 1

League table for League Division 3
Team P W L D P+ P- Pts
St Johns  4 4 0 0 62 32 8
St Molaise Gaels  4 4 0 0 54 25 8
Owenmore Gaels  4 2 2 0 42 43 4
St Michaels  4 2 2 0 39 43 4
St Patricks  4 2 2 0 45 51 4
Enniscrone/Kilglass  4 1 2 1 35 34 3
Cloonacool  4 0 3 1 27 49 1
Curry  4 0 4 0 25 52 0

League table for League Division 4
Team P W L D P+ P- Pts
St Michaels  4 3 1 0 60 33 6
St Molaise Gaels  4 3 1 0 39 26 6
Coolaney/Mullinabreena  3 2 0 1 54 18 5
Coolera-Strandhill  4 2 1 1 41 40 5
Tourlestrane  4 2 2 0 48 45 4
St Marys  4 0 2 2 37 56 2
Calry/St Josephs  3 0 2 1 33 42 1
Ballisodare  4 0 3 1 24 76 1

Curious game at our haunt on Saturday, shocking first half display left us 10-0 down at half-time, somewhat fortunate to not ship 2-3 goals with that and also lucky to get 0-0! Within a few mins we had 1-2 back and were on their tails. Remained on top and got to within a point, 0-12 to 1-8, but that was as good as it got. A disappointing result, not least cos it gives them a boost, but at least we showed that we can play good stuff like we did after the break. A difficult trip to Pat's next weekend, with a rubber Benson Cup tie on Tuesday evening as well.

Ballymote top of Division 1.... :o But going well it must be said. Curry flopped again, Tubber bounce back, and last year's finalists share the spoils. Calry and Farnan's not looking great in D2. Geevagh still going well and Mary's picking up the necessary wins. John's and Grange United leading the way in D3, finding it hard to believe they will be caught, if the latter can keep up this form then it is very unlikely, given the inconsistency of the chasing pack. Curry looking doomed and Cloonacool have more league points than they managed in their weekend tie! Open enough in D4 so far, Coolera back in contention after their win. Ballisodare occupy their usual slot. :D