St. Molaise Gaels
Ballymote
Calry/St. Joseph's
Tourlestrane
St. Mary's
St. Farnan's
St. John's

SLIGONIAN

"John's and Grange United leading the way in D3" ::) Childish owenmoresider but I wouldnt expect anything less.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

SLIGONIAN

This for the attention of mainly seanie, and the sligo posters on here. I have been asking GAAMOD for advice regarding my war of words with seanie and owenmoresider and the rest to a lessor extent. Ive genuinely asked him how I can change this. I know sometimes I come out with comments that yee take offence too and I will try my best to not have a personal go at players or management. I know yee see me that way even though I have alot of good to say aswell which is sometimes not picked up on. I also i have acknowleged ive oversteeped the mark a few times and my intention is not to do that. I wll in future try to focus on field events or events relating to that. I apologise once again for last weeks comment on eoin.

I seem to have this ruthless and brutally honest streak when it comes to sligo football. If there was a part of me I would love to change that I be more diplomatic. I am definitly not peacekeeping negotiating material.

Also lads I have taken alot of personals too on this board. I not trying to play the victim here as I know I give it too but plenty of times I could of reported lads here aswell for defamatory remarks, like idiot, attention seeking, etc all of which are against the rules. So im NOT fiercly sensitive as suggested on other thread but there is a line too.

So anyway thats my view and accept responsibility for my wrongdoing. I have written this on the advice of GAAMOD3 before i get called attention seeker again.

all star

Is there any Club fixtures up for this weekend? Please post if you know thanks

Teeling Gael

On a much more lighter topic !!

One of the most fascinating parts of Sligo GAA is the club notes in the Champion. All the papers in the county can have all the news they like but if there is no club notes than they are not worth reading. Does anyone else head straight past the diminishing property pages and mart ads straight to the club notes? Is it just me or can you gleam all the knowledge you want about a club by just reading their notes. For example you can see the vibrancy of Geevagh from their notes and the professionalism of Mary's in the best possible sense of that word.

I don't mind admitting it but my views of clubs are coloured by their writing in the their notes. For the best part of the 90's, I couldn't stand Coolera simply because of their note writer. Bad refs, bad pitches, injuries, holidays, horrific misses were all blamed for defeats without ever acknowledging the opponents. In fairness this has dramatically changed in recent years. My utmost respect for Harps emanates from their notes. Well written, they are always dignified and gracious and therefore these are all the things I associate most with Harps. I mentioned Geevagh previously and their quality but my pet hate at the moment is their constant referral to first names in their notes " Kevin passed to Darren and he kicked a point". Brilliantly parochial but first names don't seem right when reporting on an adult match. Pats normally just put in the score and the team and in some ways what more can you want. Michaels put in everything but the teams for an obvious reason (or should that read "team"). Ballisodare only put in notes after a relatively glorious defeat or a rare win. Farnans seem to have only Ladies and Bord Na Nog anymore. Bunninadden and St Mholaises are both excellent reads. Can't wait till tomorrow!! Am I sad or what??

Owenmoresider

TG - Well, not neccessarily... :P

No harm that the property is receding in size, was taking over the entire back part for a year or so (with the same estate in Coolaney on the back page the whole time). At least we are back to some normality there. Scan over most of them myself, read ours as well as seeing what the neighbours are up to. What do you make of ours? They were scant in olden times (the Ballisodare influence perhaps), and the Collooney area notes nearly did the job better!

Supermanscat

I noticed one of the superclubs in sligo havnet bothered to put notes in the champion!
Well lads, on what you have seen who do we think are going to be crowned champions? Ballymote are top but not for long, some clubs need to look at themselves, I can see Tourlestrane walking it this year and thats no exaggeration. Harps will provide there only challenge. Tubber are in bits and as for curry? Slow, Slugish and clueless. Really look bad. Go on the Bunnies, theyre doing alright! Beat curry well, i think they will be near or around.
Opinions people?
On a side note and i know i will get in trouble for this Sligonian, [edit]. Doubt you ever played a high standard of football. [edit]

Gaaboardmod3

Hi Supermanscat. I know you have indicated you are deleting your account, so this is probably worthless. That was a real drive by job, but I've edited the abuse. If you do come back, please refrain from the personal attacks, you don't need them to get your point across.

Cheers

SLIGONIAN

Supermanscat I guess lucky for me I didnt see your comments. I played as high a standard of football as Jack O Connor did for kerry ;). I have to refrain myself from rambling into ego fuelling stuff on my GAA career so far. I'll say this its not as bad as you think and yes I have medals to show for it but I have achieved more in soccer.

magpie seanie

Would be an avid reader of the club notes whenever I do get my hands on the Champion. TG - it only became clear in later years to us why we were disliked so much for a club that was to our mind fairly innocuos and certainly not a threat in terms of winning trophies. The legacy of the Communist era in Coolera is still with us and is hard to shake! However, we did make a bit of history this last week when for the first time in 122 years of GAA activity in our peninsula our players partook in gaelic games on GAA owned ground. Progress can be slow in the GAA but this was a nice milestone for us and a hint (after much frustration) of better times ahead.

SLIGONIAN

Not sure yee know this but RETROGAA.ie has the replica SLIGO 1975 jersey for sale. I got meself and Dad one and its great quality aswell. Great present.

SLIGONIAN

Owenmore gaels beat us well tonight by 7pts and it could of been worse my clubmates tell me. I was at the league game a few weeks and they played all the football so im not suprised we had this coming. We have no excuse either full team to chose from beside M Quinn who is away travelling. I probably didnt do our lads any favours antagonising owenmoresider, you probably had game of your life tonight fuelled by your anger towards me and my club. I hope it was just on off day for our lads but my expectations arent high with current management set up in place and I know the players arent jumping from the rooftops with joy at the current set up either.

Congrats anyway, owemoresider and teeling gael.

Teeling Gael

Yeah had a surprising comfortable win last night 1-8 to 4 points. Obviously St Mholaises were missing their 2 county players but on the flip side , we gave debuts to 3 young lads. They are still favourites for promotion and should be there or thereabouts in championship but totally agree that the spark seems to be gone from St Mholaises this year and something doesnt seem quite right.

magpie seanie

Our seniors had a really disappointing defeat by Bunninadden last night. Despite being tight enough numbers wise we had a decent team out but never got going in the first half and it was damage limitation thereafter. So its Bunnindden v. Eastern Harps in the Pick n choose final after Harps disposed of Ballymote.

Anyone else think its a bit ridiculous the rush to get these games out of the way? There'll be plenty of weekends when pitches are better and evenings are longer (and students are home) where a cup game would be ideal.

magpie seanie

Interesting to see that the club "hosting" the GAA congress were unable to field a team tonight. They must all be in the Radisson putting out the chairs  ;D

Teeling Gael

Met 3 guys from same said club in Dublin recently and enquiried how they were strugglin to field teams at times last season. Without a hint of sarcasm , they discussed amongst themselves it was the fact that the brighest in the county live in their catchment area and hence are working in so many high powered jobs in Dublin and are at various colleges around the country that has them particuliarily struggling midweek.

And poor old us practically at full strength midweek apart from a few guys working night shift in local factories !!!!