Hurling 2024

Started by seafoid, January 01, 2023, 08:24:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clonadmad

Quote from: seafoid on April 29, 2023, 09:28:30 PM
What does it say about Limerick especially after last week?

That if your a percentage off in this Munster championship you will be beaten,if Waterford hadn't hit 16 wides last Sunday in Thurles they would have beaten them too

Limerick will still come out of Munster

It's going to turn into some dogfight should Waterford beat Cork this afternoon

Saffrongael

I'm not sure the change of GK for Clare has improved things, Flanagans late goal looked very soft
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

marty34

Quote from: Saffrongael on April 30, 2023, 10:39:30 AM
I'm not sure the change of GK for Clare has improved things, Flanagans late goal looked very soft

These things happen. Quaid let a soft one on too.  All keepers make mistakes but more pronounced than any other player.

Saffrongael

Just the 10 steps there for TJ before getting a foul
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Saffrongael

And about 9 for that goal ffs !!

seafoid

Concannon is playing well

Saffrongael

Strong finish by Galway

seafoid

The Déise were Atrocious. 2 losses out of 2.

marty34

Quote from: seafoid on April 30, 2023, 05:45:42 PM
The Déise were Atrocious. 2 losses out of 2.

They've lost something like 12 games out of 14 in round robin.

It's a brutal stat.

They were very poor today. Very dead and tired looking.  Strange with a defeat behind them last week.  Contrast to Clare.

imtommygunn

I think a problem with round robin is if you're out two weeks in a row and really fired up for the first one hard to follow that up.

marty34

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 30, 2023, 06:42:55 PM
I think a problem with round robin is if you're out two weeks in a row and really fired up for the first one hard to follow that up.

Tell that to Clare.

imtommygunn

Fair point. Maybe it's just Limerick games... They have it tricky enough to qualify too.

Waterford in big diffs. Cork tipp , Clare Waterford etc still to go. Some great games.

marty34

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 30, 2023, 06:55:08 PM
Fair point. Maybe it's just Limerick games... They have it tricky enough to qualify too.

Waterford in big diffs. Cork tipp , Clare Waterford etc still to go. Some great games.

Just seems to be Waterford in the round robin.

Today, with a defeat behind them, seemed very passive and second to every ball.

Hard to know what the issue is.

Blowitupref

Waterford's Munster round-robin hurling struggles continue. That makes it 12 defeats out of 14 games since this format started in 2018. Seven of those losses by margin of nine points or greater.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

seafoid

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/2023/05/01/nicky-english-clare-raise-the-stakes-as-questions-about-the-champions-intensify/

I also worry about Limerick's energy and where their scores are coming from. Gearóid Hegarty isn't starting and Cathal O'Neill is a different type of player and not as prolific. Cian Lynch struggled for scores and Kyle Hayes's attacking threat has looked subdued this year. Only Séamus Flanagan has been scoring goals.