Tyrone v Fermanagh

Started by never kickt a ball, February 07, 2007, 12:40:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

goal and a point

Calvo is susposed to be flying at training. he was the best player on the field against Cavan, they next match they played was against each other under lights in croker and he was brillant i believe. Maybe mickey feels he doesnt need to be involved at this early stage. This will be the last league game until after McKenna cup final where the cut wil be made. i would assume calvo will make the cut, by that stage you may have mcguigan, dooher, jordan back also. Even wyile hasnt featured on the bench in the league. Heard a rumour he is going back to play for New York if he doesnt make the tyrone cut. It will also be interesting to see how mccullagh fairs out on Barry Owens. Owens has always played very well against tyrone no matter who he is marking.

realredhandfan

Mellon would need to produce on Saturday. 

recall06

Just a little update on Joey mcMahon. At this present moment Joey is layin up on a surgeons table in Germany gettin his groin operated on. He is with the same surgeon that Alan Shearer has been with and also young Geard O'Kane from derry has had the same operation. Supposedly he will be back trainin by next thur nite for tyrone.

FermGael

Any word on the Fermanagh team???
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

OdoSkimodo

From hogan stand

Charlie Mulgrew has kept with the same team he chose for last weekend's postponed NFL encounter with Limerick for the Ernesider's derby clash with Tyrone.

The round one clash was called off due to heavy fog and now Fermanagh will be a little ring rusty ahead of their meeting with Tyrone in Healy Park.

Fermanagh (NFL v Tyrone) - Christopher Breen, Niall Bogue, Barry Owens, Shane Goan, Raymond Johnston, Hugh Brady, Peter Sherry, Martin McGrath, James Sherry, Mark Little, Shaun Doherty, Eamon Maguire, Ciaran McElroy, Mark Murphy, Ciaran O'Reilly.

tyroneman

Cavo needs to be on that panel if fit (and head right). There are not many more naturally talented players in the country let alone Tyrone.

Donnelly for me is another man who has had one chance too many. Far far too slow and unskillful to play senior county football.

What is wrong with Marlowe? Is he injured? would have thought he would be a much  better propspect at FB?

How good is it though to have SON sitting on a bench waiting to come on............

ExiledGael

Not too sure about the ring rusty statement, Fermanagh were going into last week's game under severe pressure. I f we didn't beat Limerick that was us as good as relegated. Now we meet high flying Tyrone in their own back yard, nothing expected, no pressure, hopefully Charlie will be simply sending them out free to play open football, I actually think we will perform a lot better than people are expecting.
McKenna Cup is nothing to go by, Mulgrew himself admits he doesn't give a shit for that competition.
Should be interesting, a narrow defeat for us though i'd say

tyronie

Sean Cavanagh to captain team in absence of Ricey - obvious enough choice!

sam03/05

I heard Cavo has dropped out of the panel - as he was pd off at not making the 30 last week.
Very surprised Marlowe is not on the bench at least. Much better player that Boggs in my opinion.

Redhandfan

Happy to see Mickey rotate the team for tomorrow night.  It is certainly a sign of the manager's faith in the squad that he feels he can make so many changes and still stand an excellent chance of picking up vital league points.  It is a great opportunity for guys like McCaul, Boggs and McMahon to show their true worth and they are certainly deserving of their big chance.  Meanwhile, another good showing from Colm Cavanagh, Raymond Mulgrew and Colm McCullagh could mean serious competition for places in the Tyrone attack this season.

The switching of Dermot Carlin to corner back is an interesting one.  The Killyclogher man was outstanding against the Dubs when going forward but it has to be said that his marking of Alan Brogan and general defending was not always up to scratch.  I would have thought Carlin is more suited to a half forward role than corner back or half back.

The Tyrone management would have made their team selection for the Fermanagh match with Tuesday night's McKenna Cup match also in mind.  I think we can expect to see more wholesale changes for the midweek encounter with the Farney Men.  One player who could come into the equation for the McKenna Cup semi-final is Philip Jordan, who is back from his travels abroad and raring to go again.  The fact that Stevie O'Neill is only on the bench tomorrow night means he is a likely starter for the Monaghan game.

Tis nice to see Sean Cavanagh captain the side in Dooher and Ricey's absence - a just reward for the way in which he has applied himself this year in the McKenna Cup and opening NFL match.     

Elias

How many other teams will have a former player of the year on the bench this weekend? I'll stick my neck on the line and say none!

Uladh

Tyrones own

Why is he on the bench though Uladh?
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann