Tyrone v Fermanagh

Started by never kickt a ball, February 07, 2007, 12:40:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

I hear that Colm is quitting soccer for the year and is going to focus on football. Both Dromore and Tyrone. He'd be a welcome addition to the Tyrone panel and possible first 15.
Testing Accessibility

Windmill abu

For the size of the crowd (seemed to be about 10 - 12 Thousand) their was very little atmosphere at the game tonight. The floodlights appeared to cause problems for some of the players & may need to be higher. On the Tyrone team the best performances were from both the Cavanaghs, Colm McCullagh, Raymond Mulgrew & Justin MacMahon although Justin did have a couple of poor wides. Peter Donnelly is lacking pace & looks like he could lose a few pounds. Hub had a quiet game as had Stephen O,Neill when he came on. I thought Mickey Harte would have tried more of the new faces. He only used 2 subs (Cormac McGinley & Stephen O'Neill). If he now cuts the panel down to thirty. I cant see many of the newcomers making it.
Never underestimate the power of complaining

DickyRock

Not much of an atmosphere alright. The game was ok. Some nice scores. Though the ref was very picky and slowed the game down a lot. For two players to be sent off in this match was stupid of him.

Fionntamhnach

Was hoping to go to the match last night but other events prevented that. Good to get the win nevertheless.

ExiledGael

Looking for a Fermanagh perspective on the match last night, even from you Tyrone boys. Who was impressive, anybody stand out for good or bad reasons? Sounds a bit like the same old story of not being able to put enough scores on the board.

never kickt a ball

Fermanagh stayed with Tyrone for most of the game without ever looking like they would win it. They certainly weren't as fired up as last year in Brewster Park (or didn't seem to be) but then Tyrone were going into this game under different circumstances too. I think they wiil probably be happy enough with the performance but like many in the 1st division will be worried about picking up points to maintain division 1 status. I think Fermanagh are a good team who for one reason or another surprised teams a couple of years ago under Mulgrew. Anyone who plays them now knows they are a very capable team and are usually well prepared for a tough game. 

nrico2006

I mentioned a few weeks ago about the fact that Peter Donnelly should be nowhere near that tyrone team.  He is far too slow, and offers notrhing really.  His skill levels are minimal, and I really cannot understand how he has been floating about the tyrone team as long as he has
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Quarterback

In fariness Peter Donnelly is just back from injury. Although strong in the air donnelly hasnt reeally come through as well as cavanagh from his minor days.  I think were shaping up nicely although i think theres still a few men that need to sharpen up...think if you look at our tea to date based on preformance hartes strongest 15 would be as follows, assuming all are avilable.

Mc Connel
Ricey
Mc Ginley
Mc Gee
Carlin (Harte Kicks away serious ball)
Gormley
Jordan
Cavanagh
Hub
Mulgrew
Mc Guigan
Dooher
C Mc Cullagh
S O Neill
O Mulligan

Mellon (Hasnt really been firing on all cylinders)
E Mc Ginley ( Ok good ball winner but does he get us enough scores??)

realredhandfan

Resume
New doodes
Very happy with Mc Caul and in particular Boggs, Colum Cavagah will be the find of the season this year.

Soccor Doodes:
Mc Cullagh looks nippy

Old Doodes:
Still maintain Mellon could be in trouble, Donnelly wasnt really given enough time although Mc Ginley steadied the ship. Cavanagh should be vice captain ahead of Ricey.  Hub Hughes was very poor and should have been taken off.  Mulligan,  needs to use the inside of his foot again or at least mix it.

Managerial doodes:
Harte made 1st mistake of season by not substitutin hub before he was roaded.  It was inevitable.

ClosetotheHarte

Quote from: Quarterback on February 12, 2007, 09:56:05 AM
In fariness Peter Donnelly is just back from injury. Although strong in the air donnelly hasnt reeally come through as well as cavanagh from his minor days.  I think were shaping up nicely although i think theres still a few men that need to sharpen up...think if you look at our tea to date based on preformance hartes strongest 15 would be as follows, assuming all are avilable.

Mc Connel
Ricey
Mc Ginley
Mc Gee
Carlin (Harte Kicks away serious ball)
Gormley
Jordan
Cavanagh
Hub
Mulgrew
Mc Guigan
Dooher
C Mc Cullagh
S O Neill
O Mulligan

Mellon (Hasnt really been firing on all cylinders)
E Mc Ginley ( Ok good ball winner but does he get us enough scores??)

Not too much wrong with that team, though I still think Davy deserves a place because of his consistent performances over the last 2 years!
The (nice) problem in defence is that there is nothing at all wrong with the (established) combination of Ricey, McGinley, McGee, Davy, Conor and Jordan, but Dermy Carlin has done more than enough to get one of the six places. It would be very hard to leave him out now but where does he go with everybody fit. Plus I liked the look of McCaul, Justy McMahon and Boggs on Saturday night and these boys all deserve another couple of games to show what they can do. All three have the potential to make it - and there are a couple more defenders in the panel with near enough the same potential (Quinn, Marlow, etc).
I think Hub and Cavanagh would be everybody's midfield pairing right now - with Joe McMahon another option here and in defence.
Up front, again there's nothing wrong with the 6 above but Enda (who looked sharper on Sat night) has to be in there somewhere, especially for the bigger games. Then there's Cavanagh Junior who has made some impact in the last two games. Plus there are a few more in the panel who could provide good back up. Don't know what's happening with Cavo at this stage.
When you look at it the competition is seriously strong at the minute, probably stronger than I've ever known it to be. Our new crop is good and our U21 team looks like it should go all the way this year.
Tyrone football is in a healthy state and we should be very thankful.
PS. I think Mugsy is starting to take on a leadership role in the team now.

Elias

Any word on the team V's Monaghan. Realeased tonight maybe?

Elias

Quote from: Elias on February 12, 2007, 10:58:31 AM
Any word on the team V's Monaghan. Realeased tonight maybe?

Sorry wrong tread!!

RedKnight

I think Justin McMahon would be a good option in Midfield. Hub has a tendancy to go missing for periods in games, Justin would provide a good defensive base to allow Cavanagh to get forward, plus he is good in the air, athletic and also has a very good pass/shot.

ClosetotheHarte

Quote from: RedKnight on February 12, 2007, 11:17:57 AM
I think Justin McMahon would be a good option in Midfield. Hub has a tendancy to go missing for periods in games, Justin would provide a good defensive base to allow Cavanagh to get forward, plus he is good in the air, athletic and also has a very good pass/shot.

I agree. Justin could easily play in midfield. Still, an in form Hub might just be the best option there alongside Cavanagh for now and I think he's showing some signs of coming good. Justy could really play anywhere from 5 to 12 - I'd have no problem with him playing in any of the half back, midfield or half forward positions. To me he looked very comfortable on the left wing against Fermanagh - it was a very good debut and great to see him finish off with a deserved point.

Quarterback

Yes indeed davy harte is consistant, but its not a case off doing sumthing rong its a case of not doing enough...Now, if we look at the kerry team, theyve improved, so it is up to harte to recognise that..If u look at what carlin has to offer in contrast to harte, hes quicker, and he has better feet, how often have we seen harte baloon balls into the crowd.  Im not saying hes a bad player, far from that, i just think its the little things that count and this is one area were we could improve.